DH and I think we finally decided - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-03-2009, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So DH and I were talking about the idea of UC for a few weeks. We came to an agreement to have our MW there, but to ask her to stay in the next room. MW said she has been asked to do this in the past and has no issues with it (she mentioned this along time ago, last time I was pg).
So this way DH is comfortable that someone is there. I can still get the peace and quiet I want. MW gets her full payment and that will make her happy (which she really needs right now, finances are tight). Nobody has to worry about liability things. And I can get postpartum and prenatal care that I want. Also the extra help filling the pool (if we need help)and getting comfortable after the baby comes will be nice.
My biggest complaint is that I don't want anyone touching me. If I need support down there, then I want DH to do it. DH and I will be taking a CPR class (smart idea anyhow), and reading Emergency Childbirth: A Manuel, just in case.
But for now we are planning a MW homebirth again, well sort of. This isnt what I really really want deep down. But it is a "happy medium". For anyone who read my posts from several days ago. My MW seems to be sick, so I am praying she dont skip out at the last minute and have another MW care for me. That was my biggest worry from the start, that she would be to sick. I dont even know what is wrong with her. But I am just praying we can keep these plans for now and things work out for the birth. Also I am praying for MWs health. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Mama to DD(6) DS(4) DD(2.5)LO(due July 2012): and loving wife to my great DH
I praise and thank God for my familychicken3.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 02:39 PM

My midwife suggested the same thing in my last pregnancy. She wasn't as hands off as she said she would be. She wanted to listen to the baby's heartbeat when I was about to push. That was pretty annoying. Then she was suggesting that i move into a different position. She also helped deliver the baby, cut its cord, and proceeded to pull the placenta out by the cord! :
She has talked to Dh and offered her services again and I've said No way!
Make a list of things you don't/do want her to do and make sure she reads it! I wish you luck!

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:37 PM

I'm glad you found a happy medium. I'd talk to her too about how hands off she will be!

LilMamaBella...that sucks!

User Tag List