Would You Still UC? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 03-26-2009, 11:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathicog View Post
What I tell people is this- it's your body exercising itself, and getting the baby in an optimal position. Consider it false until proven otherwise. And by otherwise, I mean ctx 2-3 min apart, 60 seconds long or more, and increasing in intensity....
That way you won't be wearing yourself out needlessly wondering if "this is it"....hth...
I totally know what you mean... unfortunately MANY moms never make it to 2-3 minutes apart and 60 seconds long. I've had a few clients deliver at 5-7 mins apart. and one at nearly 10 mins apart! (ok that was an odd one)

but yeah I try to ignore the contractions until they get 5 mins apart for an hrish and then I start thinking "hmmm.. this could actually be going somewhere"

I'm one of those "constant contractors" so I contract all of the time. if I paid attention to every single one I'd think I was in labour 20 times a day! haha it's been this way since 28 weeks for me! (this week they've been more intense though!)

transtichel.gifMom of three - (2.5 yrs, 7yrs, and 11yrs). Birthing Doula, editor, and wife to my soulmate. I've had a c/s, hospital VBAC, UC and not yet decided what I'll do about this next little one

#32 of 44 Old 03-27-2009, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, I wish I was having contractions, but I'm barely having any. I think if I don't do this today or tomorrow I'm going to really start getting depressed.
#33 of 44 Old 03-27-2009, 11:08 AM

How far along are you mama?! I know how tiring this can be. I had contractions 10 minutes apart for a week before active labor began! I had my little one VBA2C at almost 44 wks and she was perfect and healthy!

Hang in there! Do you still feel everything is well? Just tired?
#34 of 44 Old 03-27-2009, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I know that everything is fine... I just want to be holding my baby. And I really thought I would be by now. DS came a day before his due date, but I am 42 weeks today. On the upside, everyone is better except DS has a mild cough.
#35 of 44 Old 03-27-2009, 09:03 PM

I'm hoping it's soon for you!! I feel like we're in some sort of contest - and I have a feeling you're gonna "win" first hehe

transtichel.gifMom of three - (2.5 yrs, 7yrs, and 11yrs). Birthing Doula, editor, and wife to my soulmate. I've had a c/s, hospital VBAC, UC and not yet decided what I'll do about this next little one

#36 of 44 Old 03-27-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicate_sunshine View Post
Yeah, I know that everything is fine... I just want to be holding my baby. And I really thought I would be by now. DS came a day before his due date, but I am 42 weeks today. On the upside, everyone is better except DS has a mild cough.
I completely understand! I'm so glad everyone is feeling better.
#37 of 44 Old 03-28-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by at_the_hip View Post
I've been overdue with every birth (9 days, 6 days, 13 days, and 7 days!). What really helped me was going out and freaking out people. It was so much fun to have them ask when I was due and say, "oh...8 days ago..." and watch their faces. Usually they looked appalled as if baby would just drop out or something. It was hilarious and provided much needed comic relief!!!!
I did the exact same thing last time, lol! I'm *almost* hoping to go "overdue" this time just so I can do it again! I love when they respond with "Oh, well what are doing out and about? Shouldn't you be at home?" Why, is sitting at home staring at the calender going to make the baby come any faster

Susannah~I hope your LO decides to get things going soon! Maybe s/he is just waiting until everyone is 100% better to come. But go see how many people you can freak out in the meantime! The baby section at Wal-Mart is a great place to find nosey people and get unsolicited comments, lol!

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#38 of 44 Old 03-28-2009, 10:23 PM

I went to walmart yesterday and the cashier said "you haven't had the baby yet!?" and I immediately thought of you! haha but I couldn't bring myself to say something smart though b/c she was so friendly (and a young girl). I did chuckle to myself and then told me husband what you said to your cashier.

(FWIW He got it... heh)

#39 of 44 Old 03-28-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HennyPenny View Post
I went to walmart yesterday and the cashier said "you haven't had the baby yet!?" and I immediately thought of you! haha but I couldn't bring myself to say something smart though b/c she was so friendly (and a young girl). I did chuckle to myself and then told me husband what you said to your cashier.

(FWIW He got it... heh)
OK, I'll chime in here. I loved/hated this too! I didn't like it w/acquantances b/c they were always on my case, but w/strangers it was fun to say, "Oh, I was due 3 weeks ago!" LOL. I always got "Are you wrong on your dates" or "They LET you do this?" Who the heck is THEY and why would I be letting anyone do or not let me do anything? It was even worse when I'd tell them, "Ya, and I'm having a double VBAC!"
#40 of 44 Old 03-28-2009, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Exactly - with friends and acquaintances it's so annoying, but with strangers it's a lot of fun to be able to say "I'm 10 1/2 months pregnant!" They can usually hardly get any words out... just a or : It's so funny! I hate hate hate hearing "They're letting you go so far over?" Or something similar? It's like... Can "they" stop me?

I've been having some really good contractions tonight... so please please please : that they keep coming.

I'm so flattered that you thought of me in Wal-Mart, Laura! DH walked in while I was reading your post and asked me why I was grinning like a fool. Haha. I always try to be friendly or say it jokingly, though when I'm asked. I hope people don't think I'm being rude when I say it! I would be so embarrassed.
#41 of 44 Old 03-28-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicate_sunshine View Post
"They're letting you go so far over?" Or something similar? It's like... Can "they" stop me?

I've been having some really good contractions tonight... so please please please : that they keep coming.
I still get this 18 months later! When someone finds out that I either/or had a VBA2C and went to almost 44 weeks, 9 times out of 10 I hear "They LET you do that?"

I say, "No, no one LET me do anything, I just DID it!" and smile and leave it at that.

:: for your labor to pick up!
#42 of 44 Old 03-29-2009, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

It fizzled. I just hope it will be a fast one when it comes.
#43 of 44 Old 03-29-2009, 11:27 AM

my contractions started up again last night. quite painful. I tried not to notice or think about labour AT ALL... but they hurt. so as soon as the idea popped inti my head they started to vanish. ugh!!!

I wouldn't even worry about labour yet if it were for all this messing with my head contractions. and it's not like I have never had a kid before - I know exactly what a "real" contraction feels like!

#44 of 44 Old 03-29-2009, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

I can't help but think about labor with every single contraction. Even if it's just some random lonely one. I always think, one of these times I will be right and it will be labor...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page