Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
One of the people I know on LJ had a UC at 45 weeks

http://norwegian-wood.livejournal.com/364688.html
#62 of 73 Old 05-02-2009, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
maybe drink a glass of wine before bed to see if it will help you get some rest? sleep deprivation is the worst...it makes everything horrible...best of luck!

Momma to my sweet kiddos DD (2.19.07) and DS (9.27.09) and wife to the most amazing man (7.24.04)
: :
#63 of 73 Old 05-02-2009, 07:50 PM

I like the sounds of a glass of wine and maybe a funny movie to distract yourself....

How are you feeling today?

Can someone give you a nice massage? Try to work in some acupressure. I mentioned clary sage in another thread, you might want to look more into that to 'help labour along'.

Pull your all the strength you can through, it is nearly the end and soon you'll be with your baby. Thinking of you

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#64 of 73 Old 05-03-2009, 12:01 AM

Maybe try a different route with the casotr oil:

Quote:
Try castor oil on the glove when you do a looooooong sloooooow cervical stretch. CO works only partly by causing intestinal cramps -- the other part of the effect is by stimulating prostaglandins. That's absorbed through mucus membranes -- including vaginal tissues.
Found here

I did it with DD2. I don't get braxton hicks or prodormal labour or anything like that until the minute I am in labour. This worked for me instantly. Like, I didn't have my pants all the way up before contractions started.

Hope this post proves pointless though and you are holding your baby!

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#65 of 73 Old 05-03-2009, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter

no baby yet contractions all night long kept me up after my husband did some "cervical stretching" for me. but they are backt o just being the annoying painful intermitten ones again.

someone please do say something comforting - there is no cause for alarm over prodromal labouring right? and it doesn't mean I can't go on to have a normal birth, right? because everytime I get settled and think "hey people go to 43 weeks just fine, no biggie." someone comes around and tells me some horror story and makes me freak out inside. ugh.

(and if you think something negative just do me a huge favour and don't mention it to me )

you all are the best!!!

transtichel.gifMom of three - (2.5 yrs, 7yrs, and 11yrs). Birthing Doula, editor, and wife to my soulmate. I've had a c/s, hospital VBAC, UC and not yet decided what I'll do about this next little one

#66 of 73 Old 05-03-2009, 12:38 AM

Laura is it ok if I say a prayer or 2 or 50 for you?

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#67 of 73 Old 05-03-2009, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
Laura is it ok if I say a prayer or 2 or 50 for you?
most certainly!!!! thank you for offering

transtichel.gifMom of three - (2.5 yrs, 7yrs, and 11yrs). Birthing Doula, editor, and wife to my soulmate. I've had a c/s, hospital VBAC, UC and not yet decided what I'll do about this next little one

#68 of 73 Old 05-03-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HennyPenny View Post
most certainly!!!! thank you for offering
:

Uh.... I also passed the message onto some friends to do the same for a mama in need. :

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#69 of 73 Old 05-03-2009, 02:54 AM

I had a friend who was at LEAST a month overdue. They changed her due date near the end and then went 3-4 week over THAT! She had a big baby but he was perfect in every way and born vaginally (she was a hospital birthing moms but hey). I have another friend who was a month overdue, he was just fine and is now 32 I think .

I bet it's a boy.... boys need more time to cook.

How long did you go with your other pregnancies if you don't mind me asking.

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#70 of 73 Old 05-03-2009, 09:58 AM

Laura, I went to 42 1/2 weeks just fine. Baby was perfect. People kept telling me horror stories, too, but I just kept reminding myself that God had the perfect time in mind for this baby to be born and to just trust Him. (I was also praying the whole time that He would let me know if I did need to get to the hospital for any reason.) And I have a friend who was due on July 11 (I think), and went to August 10 just fine. You will be fine, baby will be fine. I am praying for you.
#71 of 73 Old 05-03-2009, 10:09 AM

I had about 4-5 days of prodromal labour with contractions at least every 15minutes...it was long, and tiring - but I ended up with a "normal" delivery. (hospital with epidural - that birthing experiene led me to UC this time). Lengthened prodromal labour isnt a bad thing - just stay hydrated, and eat good foods to keep your energy up.

Lindsay: DS#1 (06/06) DD#1 (09/07) DS#2 (10/08) DD#2 (06/09). AND A BABY DUE NOVEMBER 2013

#72 of 73 Old 05-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Banned

remember, the only time that you need help is when that midwife within you says so. and she will make herself abundantly clear! just stay calm, open, and listen deeply.

get out of your head, you know?

many blessings and i look forward to reading your most amazing birth story.
#73 of 73 Old 05-03-2009, 01:55 PM

My mom went at least a month over with my sister. The hospital tried to induce her TWICE. It just wasn't going to work. My mom went on to have a natural labour and birth just fine a month after her due date. My sister wasn't ever her biggest baby (her first)!

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page