Daisy Rain is here! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 06-29-2009, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just as Josh and I were beginning to sweat that our beloved babe would wait for the weekend to make his or her appearance we were sadistically giddy when intense contractions began at around 4:00 on Wednesday, June 24th. Josh had just departed on the 50 minute drive home from work. Not realizing that the contractions were real, I called up a friend to just chat and pass the time until Josh was home. About five minutes into the conversation I had a contraction so hard that I could barely speak. Realizing that I was having a difficult time maintaining a conversation through the contraction, my friend politely ended our call. Within five minutes I was running a bath in an effort to find some relief. It was only moments between contractions which left me very little time to adjust the water temperature and undress.

Hamilton insisted on accompanying me in my bath so I was praying that Josh would walk through the door soon. The contractions were on top of one another and I barely had time to catch my breath in between. After what seemed an eternity, Josh finally crossed the threshold and found me bellowing through a contraction in the bath with Hamilton innocently playing with his tub toys right next to me. My hero rescued me by removing Hammy from the tub so that I could continue to labor uninhibited. At the very next breath I had, I asked Josh to call my mom.

Suddenly I had the urge to use the toilet so I quickly jumped out of the bath and perched my wet body precariously on the potty. A few contractions later I felt as if my circulation was cut off to my legs and so the potty was no longer comfortable. I noticed the absorbent pads were on the counter next to me so I grabbed one in my decent to the floor. I tossed it down as I wailed through a contraction and when I could finally breathe easy again I spread it out evenly.

As hard and difficult as the contractions were, I knew my baby would have to be coming soon. As the contractions changed and became pressure, a quiet calm came over me. I no longer had the strength to bellow, scream or to do anything but breathe. Finally I had an urge to push and upon doing so my water broke. The beginning of the very next contraction had my baby crowning and all I could summon from the recesses of myself was a very loud and seemingly panic-stricken, “JOSH!” I knew he wanted to catch our baby and I wanted him to have that chance. I just couldn’t find it within myself to express that our baby was crowning. In the same contraction, as much as I tried to stop and breathe through it, I just couldn’t help but to push as hard as I possibly could. Like a torpedo, a crying, breathing little pinkish-purple baby was laying on the floor in front of me.

Josh immediately reached down, saying something about the cord being around the neck, and lifted the baby up to untangle the mess. The cord was wrapped around the baby’s neck once and then around the right foot. Josh and I both in a joined effort lifted our baby up to unwind the cord. In our efforts, Josh turned the right leg out just a little and announced that we had our baby girl! Oh, what a relief; we’d been wanting a girl after having three consecutive boys. Damian had been hovering outside of the bathroom door so we asked him to tell us what time it was. 5:34pm – only an hour and a half from when the contractions began.

Once our beautiful girl was untangled, Josh helped me to lift her to my belly where we just touched her and marveled over her. Soon I began to feel more contractions which would expel the placenta and decided it might be more comfortable to move to the bed. I asked Damian to help lay out more pads while Josh helped me to the bed. An hour and a half from the time Josh called mom, she arrived. A little late to help with the boys but just in time to meet her new granddaughter.

Daisy Rain Mulholland blessed our family on June 24th at 5:34pm. Once her cord stopped pulsating and was cut we weighed and measured her; 7 lbs, 15 oz and 21 inches long. She has a head full of brown hair and long, thin feet with toes that could grab an apple. She’s nursing like a pro and has already ensnared the hearts of her parents and her doting big brother, Damian. Hamilton is both jealous and curious about his new sister so we’re keeping a close eye on him. I feel amazingly great for having just given birth. This was one heck of a finale; a great ending to the childbearing chapters of our lives.

Daisy
#2 of 13 Old 06-29-2009, 09:10 PM

congratulations mama! Such a cute picture too!!

Jackie and Rafael (4/15/04)
DS (4/25/05) my unschooled airbending pokemon wizard 
DD (10/05/06) my spirited pixie, who weaned at 3 yrs 10 months
DD (7/27/09) my UC water baby - I mean toddler!

DS (2/21/12) UC #2! My littlest love

#3 of 13 Old 06-29-2009, 09:40 PM

:Congrats! She's beautiful!:

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#4 of 13 Old 06-29-2009, 09:50 PM

CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome earthside little one She is gorgeous!

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#5 of 13 Old 06-29-2009, 10:46 PM

Congrats, i love the nipple dasies.
#6 of 13 Old 06-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Banned

very close to hawk's numbers!

an awesome birth! congrats on your baby girl!
#7 of 13 Old 06-30-2009, 12:11 AM

Congratulations!!! :::

Enjoy your babymoon!

Erica, wife to Jason (March 2002) . Mama to Ava (June 2003) , Jason Jr. [AKA JJ] (August 2004) , Lila (January 2009) , Maura (October 2010) , and a new person in December 2012!
#8 of 13 Old 06-30-2009, 03:30 AM

Congratulations!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#9 of 13 Old 06-30-2009, 03:58 AM

congrats!!

transtichel.gifMom of three - (2.5 yrs, 7yrs, and 11yrs). Birthing Doula, editor, and wife to my soulmate. I've had a c/s, hospital VBAC, UC and not yet decided what I'll do about this next little one

#10 of 13 Old 06-30-2009, 12:51 PM

Gosh what a fast amazing birth! Congratulations! ::

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!
#11 of 13 Old 06-30-2009, 02:07 PM

Congrats!!! :

Tristian, vegetarian wife to Matt, intactivist, UC supporting mama to my little earth-child-in-training, Ginny (4), and my sweet boy, Finnian (2).  Due mid-July with our third little one!

#12 of 13 Old 06-30-2009, 04:57 PM

Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this! :
#13 of 13 Old 07-01-2009, 03:08 PM

Awesome! I think she looks like you. I just the name Daisy, too.

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page