How long did it take your baby to cry after birth? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 09-28-2009, 01:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't remember any of mine crying after birth...coughing and making a little noise maybe. My fourth went to sleep immediately after birth- we were like "is he okay?" but he was breathing fine and his little heart was beating strong!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#32 of 37 Old 09-28-2009, 03:17 AM

DD was a long, slow labor and delivery. My hormones had me feeling very high. DD looked at me and blinked a bit before breathing. She did not cry until I lifted her out of the water and onto my shoulder, definitely over a minute from her birth. I remember starting to think, it was time for her to breath and she did.

DS was a short, straight forward labor and delivery. I was bummed to not have a high like I did after DD. He cried almost right away. I do think I held him higher up immediately, although I did not plan to do that.

I wonder if the intense hormones helped DD enter the world a little more peacefully.

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

#33 of 37 Old 10-02-2009, 11:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
My UC babe didn't cry at all, not until the next day anyways. He actually didn't do much of anything, and we weren't in the water either. He was an excellent color, just pooped from my long labor(29 hours if you count my 20 hour stall at 10 cm dilated). No real attempt to breathe either. After rubbing his belly, I put my heart to his chest, and heart a perfect strong beating heart, better and faster than finding a stethoscope, IMO. That was all I needed to know for sure that he was okay. I always knew he would be, but when he came out seemingly asleep, I admit I got a bit nervous. It all worked out perfectly.

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#34 of 37 Old 10-03-2009, 03:26 PM

My babe didn't cry right after birth. But he was a great pink color so we knew he was fine. I was still in labor land time but I sat there and held him for a while after he was born. He only began crying once we cut the umbilical cord (once it stopped pulsing) and I handed him over to Dad so I could stand up and shower. He was born in the bath tub although there was no water in it. But it did make for quick and easy clean up!
#35 of 37 Old 10-03-2009, 05:37 PM

my son sneezed about 30 seconds after birth... and I knew he had to be breathing to sneeze! He only fussed slightly maybe a minute later. But was pink, eyes open and moving around the whole time.

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#36 of 37 Old 10-05-2009, 08:47 AM

I can honestly say that I don't remember my first 3 (hospital births). But, my 2 ucs didn't cry at birth. They both just looked at me and snuggled against my chest. Perfect, really.

Christian, homeschooling, military wife.  luxlove.gif

Mommy to 5 wonderful girls and a super baby boy.  

Expecting another sweet energy.gif late August. 

#37 of 37 Old 10-07-2009, 01:49 PM

both my kids (#1 mw hb, #2 UC) were crying before their head was all the way out.

the uc i just attended (weird, long story), the baby took over a minute to cry, ans then it was very quiet. she was perfectly healthy and is a very mellow, sweet, happy quiet baby.

hth! and i hope you have a peaceful birth!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page