super sore between legs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 10-03-2009, 02:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am somewhere between 3-6 weeks from birthing dc2. i guess my hips are "opening" because i am extremely sore. it doesn't hurt unless i move. i noticed it hurts to put my legs together too.

the only thing i can think to compare it to is like after you ride a bicycle and you are sore for a day or 2...that is sorta how it feels.

it mostly hurts when i get out of bed or out of a chair.

i remember this happening last time but it didn't seem so intense.

anyone else experience this? i'm sure many of you have. i guess the baby is just getting ready to drop into the birth canal.

anyone know why it would be more intense the 2nd time around? i sorta thought everything would be looser this time.

::
#2 of 11 Old 10-03-2009, 02:37 AM

Totally normal for me. I love the feeling. It is amazing to feel my body preparing.
#3 of 11 Old 10-03-2009, 11:55 AM

You may benefit from seeing a chiropractor to adjust your pelvis/lower back. The hormones of pregnancy act to soften the cartilage that holds your pelvic bones together--this is so your pelvis can open and flex as needed for baby's passage. For some women, for various reasons, the pelvis becomes *too* mobile, and the bones get out of alignment, and this can lead to pain/discomfort. If you don't know one already, consider seeking out a chiro who knows Webster Technique and has experience working on pregnant women's pelvi (er, pelvises?).
#4 of 11 Old 10-04-2009, 10:25 PM

Oh, I'm there. I'm "due" next week and my bones on the insides of pelvis where my hips are attached are soooo sore. I just keep telling myself that the babe is coming soon. I think the further the baby drops, the more I hurt like this. When I stand up, I have to stop and wait for everything to re-adjust. It hurts, but I'm sure it will be over soon.
#5 of 11 Old 10-05-2009, 12:31 AM

I experienced that with my second pregnancy too. I had pulled a groin muscle, I believe it was the adductor brevus. The good news is that it went away very quickly after the baby was born! I found that ice a few times a day and a heating pad was really helpful. I also used Traumeel and arnica. I second the recommendation for a chiropractor too.

M.Ed. Mama to Chunka (1/07), Beauty (5/09) and Elizabear 3/12): Birth Doula (working toward certification) AAMI Midwifery Student, Advocating with Solace for Mothers & The Birth Survey

#6 of 11 Old 10-05-2009, 01:07 AM

Ah Evil crotch pains. Yeah no fun! I had them alot with #1, INSANELY alot with my twins and not much this time. I found a good prenatal support is priceless, as is a good chiropracter. I love my prenatal cradle... really light support but just perfect!

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#7 of 11 Old 10-05-2009, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for all the input.

i am just waiting this one out. it is bearable so i won't see a chiro.

it is interesting to me to see the major differences from one pregnancy to the next.

#8 of 11 Old 10-05-2009, 05:30 PM

It sounds like it could be SPD. It might be worth seeking advice if it gets worse as some sort of support belt might help.
#9 of 11 Old 10-06-2009, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

it does sounds like SPD and given the terrible hip problems i was having...it all fits. it was rather odd...as soon at the pain between my legs got so intense, the hip pain totally went away...i guess it was the way everything shifted.

#10 of 11 Old 10-06-2009, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Welcome to the Broken Crotch Club! I'm a long time member.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#11 of 11 Old 10-06-2009, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

PHP Code:
Broken Crotch Club 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page