My wonderful UC Story - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 10-06-2009, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been on these boards during pregnancy doing a lot of reading (less posting because I didn't have my own experience yet) you have been a fantastic resource and I wanted to share my UC story with you. My EDD was 9/26

He's here! My intuition was wrong and it is a boy. We have NO names and are talking about it right now.

Tuesday (9/29) at around 3 I listened to a fear release session (hypnobabies) and did the birth visualization. When DH got home I felt like we really needed to go for a walk, we instead went to the grocery store because it was dark. I started noticing some strong ctx then at around 7:30 but there wasn't much pattern. We got home made tacos and sat down to the new simpsons I was getting some fairly strong ctx at this point and suddenly I jumped up and ran into the shower b/c I felt like I couldn't cope without the water, this was around 9ish.

After the shower I started timing ctx, they were around 5 min apart and lasting around 1min for about an hour but then they were 2min apart and lasting 30seconds, it was strange, but I decided we needed to call my parents at 11:30, these were strong and coming regularly although not in the normal way. By the time my parents got here at 12:30 I was set up in the birth pool, I just couldn't cope with the contractions on my own, I was really struggling with going loose and limp-these were much more powerful than I remember them being with DS1. My mom "kept watch" while DH slept for about 4 hours, she was actually really amazing, during a few ctx that were really hard she was rubbing my back and it felt great. I would occasionally get out and listen to hypnobabies on the birth ball because I was afraid the water would slow things down too much if I stayed. I was peeing constantly, literally about every 10min I got up to pee. I think this was good because it meant I was hydrated and I have heard having a full bladder can hinder labor. Ctx on the toilet sucked though, my hypnosis did not work as well this time (as my last birth)for sure. At around 4:45 (I think) I was getting bad, I was saying that it was too hard and I just needed it to be time to push, I cried while having a few ctx leaning on DH (standing outside the water). I kept telling the baby that they needed to make it time to push. I got long breaks between these but when they came they were SO intense and instead of moaning as before I would say crazy things, I would either pray to God to make it pushing time, cry out to the baby, and at one point I said "oh my oh my oh butterfly" so weird I know! I got a bit belligerent too, at one point my mom tried to talk while I had a ctx and I said "shut up please" I apologized profusely afterwards, a little later on she tried to get me to hum instead of talking crazy, and I said "shh, don't tell me what to do!" She wasn't offended and said that my belligerence was a good sign. At some point in here I threw up too. After that I got back into the water and tried to cope however I could. I wouldn't let DH leave my side, when he did once I started crying and I was squeezing his hand like mad.

It felt like a while, but it couldn't have been long before I started feeling sorta pushy feelings but when I pushed it did NOT feel good, so I waited even though it was a bit unbearable, suddenly the urge to bear down became unstoppable. I was pushing down hard and I even stuck my hand down to support my perinium b/c I was afraid to tear because of how hard I was pushing but I couldn't control it. I also was screaming like a banshee. After only a few pushes I could feel tons of pressure in my perinium and then I felt just inside me a tiny bit of head (very cone shaped) a few pushes later and DH was telling me that the head was right there and how good I was doing, I felt the hair and I could look down and see that the baby was almost crowning. I needed to stop pushing between ctx but was afraid of losing progress. Luckily not much was lost and I pushed out the head shortly after, DH was still reinforcing me and then told me just another push and I could grab the baby, I did and brought him up onto my chest. He gurgled, lifted his head to look at me and then decided to take a nap. I had someone check the time 6:12AM DH was worried b/c he didn't cry (DH was assessing his apgar) and though I insisted that his breathing was fine he wanted to suction him to make sure, that got him crying a bit, but he seemed tired! After a few moments DH wanted me to get out so I would deliver the placenta on the bed, I was planning on this myself and I did.

He is 21inches long (I think longer, we didn't get a great measurment) 14" head 9lbs 11-13oz (I don't have a baby scale, so it isn't exact) **based off his weight at the doctors the next day it looks like he was probably closer to 9lbs 8oz**
#2 of 11 Old 10-06-2009, 11:55 AM

Congratulations! Enjoy your baby moon and snuggling your lil one! Share his name and pics if you get a chance! with less the 8 weeks to go i am thriving on them hehe!

A. Adoring my hubby, homeschooling our two beautiful lil vegetarian kiddos, snuggling our newest addition born in Nov'09 (attempted UC turned transfer at 36 weeks with PPROM) and missing our baby who we didn't get to hold in our arms
#3 of 11 Old 10-06-2009, 01:29 PM

Congrats! Loved your story. Happy BbMoon!

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#4 of 11 Old 10-06-2009, 01:37 PM

Beautiful, congratulations!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#5 of 11 Old 10-06-2009, 03:04 PM

Congratulations!! I loved reading your story.
#6 of 11 Old 10-06-2009, 03:21 PM

Congrats

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(10),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#7 of 11 Old 10-06-2009, 05:38 PM

Wonderful! Congrats mamma!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#8 of 11 Old 10-10-2009, 01:35 AM

Congratulations!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#9 of 11 Old 10-11-2009, 03:43 PM

CONGRATS! Welcome earthside little one

Angela lactivist.gif, married for 14 1/2 years to DHtwins.gif, mother to DD 8-5-97homeschool.gif, DS 8-5-09 uc.jpgbabyf.gif, and SURPRISE!!! pos.gif due 2-17-12

#10 of 11 Old 10-11-2009, 07:39 PM

Welcome Earthside Little boy!

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#11 of 11 Old 10-12-2009, 10:39 AM

Congratulations!

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page