My birth stories and plans for #3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-07-2010, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've wanted to UC since before I was pregnant with my first. Instead with my firstborn I ended up with paramedics in my home and a rather unpleasant home birth full of yelling, rushing around and snarky comments. My beautiful daughter Ziva was born at home, 10 lbs 1oz. She was perfect, but the birth was not.

With my second birth, everything went perfectly. This is my birth story:

Contrax became regular (10 minutes apart and 1 1/2 mins long) around 5 pm but by 10:45 they were still only 4-5 minutes apart even though they were 2 minutes long. I called my midwife who said that sounded like the baby was on the right. She suggested I get in bed on my hands and knees and call her when the contrax got closer together.

Two contractions later my water broke, contractions were 3 minutes apart and I was feeling the urge to push. I had my mom call the midwife. She told her my water had broken and she wanted to know what color it was. I hollered, "The baby is coming NOW."

It took me a bit to get from the bed to the pool, but by 11:40 I was in the water. Malachi went to get some hot water from the stove and when he came back I told him I was having the baby. He got behind me and put his hands in the water. He told me I'd birthed the head, the face was up and he was looking right at the baby! Contractions stopped, and I refused to do anything more than breathe the baby out, so we waited a bit. At 11:45 PM on January 12th, 2009 the rest of the baby came out into Mal's hands.

It's a girl! The midwives showed up a few minutes later, stitched me up (yes, I tore right along the scar from the last one and checked us both out. We got going with breastfeeding and she is a sucking fiend. I think it's going well!

Aliyah Kirabo Bond weighed 10 lbs and 1 oz (same as Ziva!) and was 22 1/2 inches long I was in labor (after the practice contrax) for 6 hours and pushed for about 10 minutes. I only suffered through about 5 contractions worth of back labor.

I want my 3rd birth to be as wonderful as the second. I'm hoping for another waterbirth and UC. I will use my same wonderful midwives, but I just won't call them until the baby comes. I love it that way.

I'm so glad to be here!

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-07-2010, 06:23 PM

What a beautiful story! Thank you for sharing it!
#3 of 3 Old 05-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Banned

very cool.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page