Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 05-18-2010, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1st was an unmedicated labor-at-home, intended birth at hospital
2nd was a planned UC

Here's #3:
I envisioned this baby coming in the middle of the night, as my previous two babies did. I also assumed that he would come after his EDD (just like his brother and sister). Our 20 wk ultrasound put his EDD on May 20th, and LMP as well as fundal height put his EDD at June 3rd. So I assumed we had around 3 1/2 weeks. Well, birth is unpredictable!

This morning I awoke around 6:15 to pee, nothing unusual. Then again at 7:15, which was a little strange. At 8:15 (yes, seriously on the dot) I got out of bed because I was in a great deal of pain. I've been dealing with hip pain (treating w/chiropractic care for a week or so now), constipation, etc. this pregnancy so I really didn't think anything was out of the ordinary. I served myself a healthy dose of magnesium and water. DD (who's my second child, first UC) was hungry, so I poured some cereal for her and noticed that the pain was getting worse, but didn't have a rhythm- it was just constant back, lower ab, and hip pain. Then I wondered if maybe I had food poisoning or something, so I moved to the bathroom.

DH had washed something in the tub last night and never fully cleaned it so I tried to scrub it out, hoping to alleviate my back pain. The pains were starting to take on the form of contractions, with brief pauses in between (maybe 9 am). I think I finally got a clue at this point, so I went to call a friend to take care of the kids (3 and 6 yo)- not planned but thankfully she was available and nearby. Then I called DH, but discovered that he left his phone at home! So I had to look his work number up online, asked for him, was put on hold (horrible music!!), and then he answered during a contraction. According to my phone, this was 9:14. I told him that I was in labor (maybe "come home now" or something, I don't remember).

I gave up washing the tub and decided to shower instead. I was starting to have hot flashes, but the hot water felt so nice on my back! I went down on all fours, and then noticed the baby moving into my birth canal. A bubble of his amniotic sac preceded his head and burst just before his head was on my perineum. I tried to breathe him out, but ended up pushing (though I did manage to slow his descent a little). Baby was born 9:20ish, friend arrived minutes before then, and DH arrived minutes after the birth! So while my friend was hanging out with the kids in the other room, the birth itself involved just me and the babe. Hubby of course helped with cleanup and I've had great assistance since then- my friend took the kids for the day and brought food when she returned them. DH has been waiting on me, and has even cleaned a little.

Labor pains were not as bad as I remembered for my second birth, but the afterpains are a b**** if I'm lying down. I did tear a little, and have some labial tears as well. I'm not sure what degree of tear, but it looks superficial (though long) and I have complete control of my PC muscles. Baby weighed in at 8 lbs 4 oz (just an ounce bigger than my first child) a few hours after his birth- glad he didn't wait until June 3rd!
#2 of 14 Old 05-18-2010, 02:15 AM

Wow! That is amazing. Congratulations

I hope that you are getting lots of rest now

Mom to 7-year old DS1 carrot.gif, 2 year old DD joy.gifand DS2 surf.gif

#3 of 14 Old 05-24-2010, 12:05 AM

Congratulations!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#4 of 14 Old 05-24-2010, 01:55 AM
Banned

awesome congratulations!
#5 of 14 Old 05-26-2010, 07:44 PM

Oh wow, that's such an amazing experience. It always mesmerizes me when mamas have quick births like yours. Congrats on your UC
#6 of 14 Old 05-26-2010, 07:49 PM

Congratulations

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

#7 of 14 Old 05-26-2010, 11:25 PM

Sounds good! I'm always envious of water births, water annoys me so much when I'm in labor lol!

Happy babymoon!

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

#8 of 14 Old 05-28-2010, 05:52 PM

Congratulations!
#9 of 14 Old 05-29-2010, 01:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimomma View Post
Sounds good! I'm always envious of water births, water annoys me so much when I'm in labor lol!

Happy babymoon!
Sort of a water birth but not really. Both of my UCs were born in the tub, but neither were born into water. *shrug*

Thank you.
#10 of 14 Old 06-02-2010, 04:47 PM

Awesome! Amazing how fast those 3rd babies can be, isn't it.

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#11 of 14 Old 06-05-2010, 12:42 PM

beautiful, powerful women.
#12 of 14 Old 06-13-2010, 04:19 PM

Lovely, thank you so so much for sharing!!

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#13 of 14 Old 06-13-2010, 05:30 PM

Wow! Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!

And for the record, I'm so jealous - I want your birth next time!
#14 of 14 Old 06-22-2010, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, congratulations. Amazing what our bodies can do, isn't it? It's good to hear that dh is around to mother you some as well.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page