$8.25
Size: 4 oz (= $8.25)
2 x Cord Ring
$3.00
3 x Peri bottle
$2.10
1 x Economy Fetal Stethoscope
$19.95

The story behind the list is that I have had 3 homebirths/waterbirths. One of them unassisted. Pregnancies all had prenatal care and there was no medical issues discovered for me or the baby. I have never used anything but my pool and some gatorade. All births went great and were under 2 hours from start to finish including birth of placenta. I have always delivered a few days early from the due date. With this pregnancy I have been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes and am a little more nervous to UC. I am researching more info this time and feel like I need to monitor stats for me and the baby. My glucose numbers never really go above 130 unless I eat junk sugar which is very rare and usually are only a few points above normal. I have a glucometer to check babies sugar when born in case of hyperglycemia. Looking into harvesting my colostrum just in case. The other reason for my concern is this one will truly be on my own. My Dh will not be here due to military. I always depended on him to take care of any emergencies that might arise. I have the cheat sheets and am 5 min from the hospital. I have driver and childcare person lined up for the birth. Also have all the paperwork done for the hospital just in case.Any suggestions/oversight on my list would be great. Thanks

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#2 of 11 Old 07-09-2010, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Some things on my list that I dont see on yours are Angelica and Shepherds Purse Tinctures and emergency cord clamps and scisors (just in case). I also have chux, pepermint oil, and someone suggested non lubricated condoms to freeze. Maybe some of the items on your list accomplish the same things though?

Thanks for the list! Where are you getting all this stuff?

selectivevax.gifcd.gifbfinfant.gif & Part-Time EC
#3 of 11 Old 07-09-2010, 01:31 PM

the placenta out and wombstringe both have shepherds purse.. and youve got the motherwort too (only thing that worked for me with after pains) rescue remedy.. rescue remedy.. nothing to kick labor up if you get stalled? i see the placenta out has the black cohosh, but you wouldnt want to be using that before labor with the shephards purse in it...

oh. and i didnt see anything about a bunch of plastic sheets... i just buy the shower curtains at the dollar store, cheaper than the birth suppliers online. lol
#4 of 11 Old 07-09-2010, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapzipzee View Post
Some things on my list that I dont see on yours are Angelica and Shepherds Purse Tinctures and emergency cord clamps and scisors (just in case). I also have chux, pepermint oil, and someone suggested non lubricated condoms to freeze. Maybe some of the items on your list accomplish the same things though?

Thanks for the list! Where are you getting all this stuff?
http://www.babybirthandbeyond.com/

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#5 of 11 Old 07-09-2010, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
kick labor up if you get stalled?
I am not too worried about this as it has never happened. However, what have you used.

#6 of 11 Old 07-09-2010, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
what is a blue infant caliber? part of an infant BP cuff?

do you have a hemostat? those cord rings need one-
#7 of 11 Old 07-09-2010, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwherbs View Post
what is a blue infant caliber? part of an infant BP cuff?

do you have a hemostat? those cord rings need one-
Blue infant caliber is a stethoscope for infants. Will look into the hemostat. Last time I just used tweezers to fasten the cord ring.

#8 of 11 Old 07-09-2010, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
good to know that tweezers will work I'll have to fiddle around with an o ring and see if I can do it- it seems a bit of a trick even with the hemostats -
#9 of 11 Old 07-10-2010, 12:16 AM

I'd probably skip the mesh panties and get some depends.. but i guess its personal preference. I hated the mesh things last time.

looks like a good list.. i'll have to add some of it to my list.

Jade, momma to Ariana 5/23/06 and Trystan 9/28/10
#10 of 11 Old 07-14-2010, 11:13 PM

I've had three GD pregnancies/births (in hospital, though.) The only one of my babies who had blood sugar issues was my first--and I was on insulin with him. Breastfeeding did not bring his blood sugar up enough (he was hypo), so they asked my permission to give him one bottle of formula. It was the only formula he or any of my babies ever had, and didn't affect future breastfeeding at all. It did resolve the low blood sugar, though... so I'd have maybe a sample of formula hanging around just in case. Also, GD babies are more likely to have breathing issues, so you could think about having some oxygen on hand as well. (Just to be uber-prepared.)

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

#11 of 11 Old 07-21-2010, 04:21 PM

Crotch-sicles... I had them for my first uc/hb, but make sure to wet them and do not fold them, or they'll freeze into a solid chunk, lol!

For mine, I've got a birth ball and a birth pool this time around, and am using hypnobabies for my 'birthing waves', also drinking RRL tea for a quick labor. Still on the fence about hiring a doula, as I'm almost a month away from birthing, and I haven't done any prenatal stuff, and I don't want her to not make some money, but $$ is tight for us, plus with my luck she'd get down here and it'd all be done already, lol!

I read a story about how a woman used a chunk of her placenta to slow down the bleeding afterwards..though I don't know if I could do that myself. She put it in juice and said it worked!

Circ doesn't work! Stop the violence of circumcison. Had another UP/UC/HB in August!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page