I don't know what's going on with the placenta yet, but I have a strong gut feeling that it will move, and I keep hearing more and more stories of placentas "clearing" at 36 weeks. Although I'm optimistic, I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket. If it's still solidly complete at 34 and 37 weeks, I go in for a c-section, and may be camping out (renting an apartment) off-island in case of preterm labor.
I feel like i need to be prepared for the better-case scenario, too, as well as the dreaded surgical birth. If the placenta is very low-lying (marginal or less than 1 cm from the os) at 37 weeks, I don't know what I'll do. It would be a hard decision at that point, knowing that I could probably have a vaginal birth in a few weeks' time, but also that the chance of going into labor in a dangerous placental configuration is getting more real. With a placenta 1-2 cm from the os, I would be looking for a provider who could do a hospital birth and monitor bleeding, switching to a c-section if bleeding got crazy. But, if that would mean living away from home for another month, I don't quite know how we'd manage it, as a family.
As for labor times, who knows, but again, I can hope!