having trouble with proof of pregnancy - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 08-13-2010, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
errrrghh!!!

i UPed, so i dont have a "real" proof of pregnancy for the birth certificate. other than MY HUGE WHALE BODY WADDLING AROUND TRYING TO GET PROOF!!!

lol i made myself laugh

my medical center doesnt take in patients over 26 weeks, they dont do regular pregnancy tests (i miss kaiser, i know kaiser would give me a test!!) so i have to find a free clinic to hopefully give me a test w/o the sign up hassle

Coffee, Vintage and Kids.  My Life.
              reading.gif  jammin.gifdust.gif   1sttri.gif

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#2 of 14 Old 08-13-2010, 06:59 PM

Health Department will give you proof of pregnancy I think.....or you can just video tape the birth!

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#3 of 14 Old 08-13-2010, 07:33 PM

Yup I had no problem getting a proof of pregnancy. It was free and I just told them it was for insurance purposes.

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!
#4 of 14 Old 08-13-2010, 08:23 PM

Is this for a birth certificate?

I brought pictures of the birth. They were accepted as proof.

Although I happened to know a FNP who wrote me a note as well without any visit since we had seen each other socially repeatedly since I'd been PG.

We had to have two forms of proof I think or one was proof for the birth itself. I don't quite recall.

My dh signed as attending.

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

#5 of 14 Old 08-14-2010, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

well i was reading what CA will accept as "proof of pregnancy":

Pregnancy of the Mother
To prove the pregnancy of the mother, provide a pregnancy test verification form or a letter that meets all of the following conditions:
From a doctor, midwife, or clinic.
Written on the doctor’s, midwife’s, or clinic’s official stationery (not on a prescription pad).
Signed (not stamped) by the doctor, midwife, or clinic representative or nurse.
Contains the current issued professional license number of the physician or midwife who signed the letter.
The letter must include all of the following information:
The mother’s name.
The date the mother was first seen by the doctor or midwife (this date may be after the date of birth).
The results of the mother’s prenatal or postpartum exams or pregnancy tests.
The date of the mother’s last menstrual period.
The date the baby was born, or was expected to be born (due date).

i asked my medical center if i could get an appt w/ my doctor, but she is my primary care physician and i would have to go to an ob/gyn but since i dont have one, i would need to sign up for one, book an appt, have an actual exam done, which i dont want (remember - UP) .... sigh ...

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#6 of 14 Old 08-14-2010, 11:45 PM

It seems to me a chiropractor might be able to provide proof. My friend in CA who UP and UC went to planned parenthood for proof (pregnancy test) while pregnant.
#7 of 14 Old 08-15-2010, 02:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamagranola28 View Post
It seems to me a chiropractor might be able to provide proof. My friend in CA who UP and UC went to planned parenthood for proof (pregnancy test) while pregnant.
thanks for the info... i checked and we have a planned parenthood just a few minutes away ... didnt even know ... and they will take walk in pregnancy tests !!

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#8 of 14 Old 08-15-2010, 01:24 PM

i got lucky, i up'd too so no proof. mo only requires 2 notarized signitures on the bc app as proof.
Posted via Mobile Device

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#9 of 14 Old 08-16-2010, 04:49 PM

Yeah, it's definitely a problem. Because, when you go to Planned Parenthood (or wherever) it draws attention to the fact that you don't have a care provider who can write the proof for you. Don't get me wrong, that's the way to do it, and you pretty much have to, but, it still doesn't mean I like it...

And, I always wonder (but have NO desire to test out), what happens if you don't get the "official" proof before the baby is born. Is there no way to get the birth certificate then?

fly-by-nursing2.gif~Amy, Wife to E, Happy Momma to K 4/04, L 11/05, E 8/07, V 1/10, and J 10/11

#10 of 14 Old 08-16-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
The date the mother was first seen by the doctor or midwife (this date may be after the date of birth).
This tells me that you can go into planned parenthood after the birth and have a checkup for you and baby and have them write that you were seen its specifies that you didn't have to see the doc before you gave birth.

Quote:
i asked my medical center if i could get an appt w/ my doctor, but she is my primary care physician and i would have to go to an ob/gyn but since i dont have one, i would need to sign up for one, book an appt, have an actual exam done, which i dont want (remember - UP) .... sigh ...
I would schedule an appt and just have them do a pregnancy test.. even if you're 30 weeks.. yes you're in fact pregnant.. then just have them write up a letter saying you had a positive pregnancy test on this date and your LMP was this date so your EDD is blank... etc.. if they question you or argue tell them that you need it for insurance or to see the OB that you want..
or you could go to PP or the health unit and have this done probably for cheaper but longer wait than at your PCP office.

Jade, momma to Ariana 5/23/06 and Trystan 9/28/10
#11 of 14 Old 08-17-2010, 11:54 PM

I UPed all the way with my first pregnancy and just went into Planned Parenthood massively pregnant, peed in cup and gave them $10. They happily signed mine and XH's FMLA and disability paperwork and even gave me contact info should I need further proof or signatures. It may have also helped that I kind of lied and said I had an underground midwife who couldn't sign the paperwork for me
#12 of 14 Old 08-18-2010, 12:25 PM

I had my chiropractor sign my proof of pregnancy, and no one seemed to notice. I would suggest doing that!

Organic eating, cloth diapering, no vaxing, cosleeping, breastfeeding mean machine.
#13 of 14 Old 08-18-2010, 03:38 PM

If you want some insurance. Take a picture of yourself and your baby still attached to the cord before you've delivered the placenta. It's a graphic picture, but it's enough for American Consulates overseas, so I bet it's enough for a state government!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#14 of 14 Old 08-19-2010, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klemomma View Post
Yeah, it's definitely a problem. Because, when you go to Planned Parenthood (or wherever) it draws attention to the fact that you don't have a care provider who can write the proof for you. Don't get me wrong, that's the way to do it, and you pretty much have to, but, it still doesn't mean I like it...

And, I always wonder (but have NO desire to test out), what happens if you don't get the "official" proof before the baby is born. Is there no way to get the birth certificate then?
but i do have a care provider, just not an ob/gyn. its just technical difficulties that i didnt "register" pre-20 something weeks pregnant

and i do have another option, getting a check up after giving birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post
If you want some insurance. Take a picture of yourself and your baby still attached to the cord before you've delivered the placenta. It's a graphic picture, but it's enough for American Consulates overseas, so I bet it's enough for a state government!
lol i think i just might do that!

i was GOING to go to planned parenthood - but the dh has been sick so were just waiting for him to get better, hopefully before i pop

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page