I had my baby! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-28-2010, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my baby this morning after taking some castor oil (1 tablespoon) last night at 9 pm. I had been so constipated lately and figured with not having any progress in the last few weeks i didn't think it'd actually do anything to bring on labor. Down side was that I still haven't poo'd. But I guess he was ready to come after all. He weighs approx 11.2 lbs and was 19-20" long. Chubby little guy after my daughter was 7.8 and 21". I've been feeling great so far just a bit sore.

I woke up at 5:30 with cramps thinking i had to potty. Nothing, went to bed but couldn't get comfy so I got up, took a bath til about 6:30 or so and that gave some nice relief since I was feeling like it was all in my low back. Still thinking it wasn't contrax since they didn't feel nothing like this with Aria and my stomach never had the tightening feeling. After a while I realized that it was contractions and not just cramps and started working better to breathe through them and that helped immensely. I was starting to panic for a few minutes. I woke Dan up around 7:30 as the contrax were getting more intense but I had no idea he'd come that fast. Then my water broke about 8:10 or so and he came out feet first no problems at all and was fully out at 8:40. Dan caught him and cut the cord after all was said and done. The placenta delivered about 20 minutes later he's nursing like a champ and is so quiet! Most of the morning he was just chilling with me on the bed staying awake but quiet. Daniel got 3 or 4 pics of him coming out. I don't think i tore at all or very little if i did. DD slept through all of it and came in right after he was all the way out. We asked her his name and she said Trystan straight away so we're sticking with that one. So Trystan Rhys it is!

I am incredibly sore though. I just got the herbal bath in from Rajahkat (i can't remember the full sn) so i'll try soaking in that in a little bit.

Jade, momma to Ariana 5/23/06 and Trystan 9/28/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2010, 11:58 PM

Congrats mama! Great job!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:05 AM

Congrat's!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:41 AM

Old 09-29-2010, 01:39 PM

Congrats!! And such a big baby too!! Did you know he was going to be bigger than average? Enjoy your sweet baby boy!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 09-29-2010, 01:43 PM

congrats!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Old 09-29-2010, 02:23 PM

Awesome job, Jade! It sounds like it was a lovely birth. Welcome to your little one.

Kat

treehugger.gif Kat- mama to 6 little trees
Old 09-29-2010, 02:58 PM

Big footling breech baby boy! WTG!
Old 09-29-2010, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

I figured he'd be 9+ lbs but didn't really think he'd be bigger than that. My aunts 3 kids were 9+, 11+, and 13+ so I knew it was def. possible in my family and I'm shaped just like my aunt. But wasn't expecting it..

Went in today to get checked up and didn't tear/need stitches which is good since i wasn't sure and got some hemorrhoid cream.. Feeling really good just tired and frustrated. He was 11 lbs today when we got checked out and that was after 3 mec diapers. Oh and on a side note, I posted on facebook the same thing and had 3 people (if not more) call CPS on me. They came by this morning to make sure baby was ok.. i hate people

Old 09-30-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illiana View Post
I figured he'd be 9+ lbs but didn't really think he'd be bigger than that. My aunts 3 kids were 9+, 11+, and 13+ so I knew it was def. possible in my family and I'm shaped just like my aunt. But wasn't expecting it..

Went in today to get checked up and didn't tear/need stitches which is good since i wasn't sure and got some hemorrhoid cream.. Feeling really good just tired and frustrated. He was 11 lbs today when we got checked out and that was after 3 mec diapers. Oh and on a side note, I posted on facebook the same thing and had 3 people (if not more) call CPS on me. They came by this morning to make sure baby was ok.. i hate people
Yeah, I'd never post anything on the internet that wasn't anonymous nor would I share with anyone that I didn't trust completely in person. That sucks.

Congrats on your new baby though!!!

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Old 09-30-2010, 11:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats!!! What a chubster!!!

:hopm ad What UAVs for calling CPS on you!!! If it were me and I knew who any of the people who called were I would delete them from my Facebook and tell them that they are no longer allowed to be a part of my life if they think I would purposely or ignorantly endanger my child's life.

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 09-30-2010, 11:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeep View Post
Congrats!!! What a chubster!!!

:hopm ad What UAVs for calling CPS on you!!! If it were me and I knew who any of the people who called were I would delete them from my Facebook and tell them that they are no longer allowed to be a part of my life if they think I would purposely or ignorantly endanger my child's life.

i am SHOCKED!!!!!! i would totally delete those "friends" that is absolutely ridiculous!! congrats on your new addition!!!

mama to 9 year old h  and 3 year old z

Old 10-01-2010, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I have no idea who it was just that there were at least 3 calls.. I have a bunch of old classmates from school (just had our 10 year reunion) so I'm guessing that its some of them who called. BUT I have no way of finding out for sure.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:23 PM

Congratulations, mama! What a lovely birth :-)

So sorry about the CPS bit. It sounds like they saw that you and baby are okay, so everything is good now? I hope so.

Get some much needed rest and baby snuggles!

fly-by-nursing2.gif~Amy, Wife to E, Happy Momma to K 4/04, L 11/05, E 8/07, V 1/10, and J 10/11

Old 10-02-2010, 12:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illiana View Post
Yeah, I have no idea who it was just that there were at least 3 calls.. I have a bunch of old classmates from school (just had our 10 year reunion) so I'm guessing that its some of them who called. BUT I have no way of finding out for sure.
Then I would be tempted to post a status saying something along the lines of, "If you were one of the callers, please remove me from your friends list. Yadda, yadda."

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 10-02-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeep View Post
Then I would be tempted to post a status saying something along the lines of, "If you were one of the callers, please remove me from your friends list. Yadda, yadda."

congrats on your baby

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

Old 10-02-2010, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter

oh yeah, they were really nice and friendly and wasn't really sure what to do other than make sure he was ok and that we were in fact getting medical attention.. So instead of just waiting a few days until we felt up to going out we HAD to do that day to the hospital which sucked but it was better than having to go in for the birth itself.

I went through Facebook and removed alot of people that i don't regularly talk to. I had made it sound like an accident and honestly if I *had* tried to go to the hospital I'd have had him on the side of the road anyway.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:20 PM

Congratulations!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:47 PM

congratulations! and I have officially deleted my FB account. (its a good thing!)

Mama to 5 babies. UCer, too!
Old 10-09-2010, 03:07 AM
Banned

congratulations and man, people are stupid.

obviously your baby was fine, or you wouldn't have posted about it on FB. duh. anyway.

that's a big baby! congrats to you all! Enjoy!
Old 10-09-2010, 05:19 AM

Congrats...that's so amazing you birthed a breech baby that large. Our bodies know what they're doing!

My s/o is really afraid of people calling CPS on us because we're planning a homebirth. =/

User Tag List