How did you prepare yourself at the end? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-13-2010, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 37 weeks and 5 days today. I know my birthing time is coming up soon. I've gotten all my supplies that I need and want. I've read the books that I'm gonna read at this point. I have my bin ready with everything in it ready for when I am getting ready to birth baby. I went through my birthing obsession a little over a week ago and lasted a week where I read everything unassisted birthing related. All the birth stories on Hypnobabies website, Laura Shanley's website and a few others and watched youtube videos.
What did you do at the very end??

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#2 of 5 Old 10-13-2010, 11:26 PM

I found at least 30 minutes a day to be alone so I could talk out loud to my baby. In the shower, late at night, walking the dog, or getting the mail. I would tell my baby everything is fine and I am ready to go when they are. I would cry some, laugh, etc. But tried to find some time to get my last one on one time before it all changed!

congratulations! Peaceful birth vibes coming your way~

Mama to 5 babies. UCer, too!
#3 of 5 Old 10-14-2010, 06:16 AM

I also talked to my baby at the end. I told him that everything was ready and waiting for him, that we loved him and couldn't wait to meet him. This was especially important to me because I had experienced some stress during the pregnancy, and wanted my baby to know how much he was loved, and that he could come out whenever he wanted. It might sound wishy-washy, but I do think that it helped and that babies can "understand" the thoughts we send their way.

Apart from that I cleaned the house, cooked meals for the freezer, got last-minute labor supplies like things I thought I might want to eat and drink, and so on. Getting music you want to listen to in labor ready is also a god idea, or videos if you want to. I ended up watching Dr House in early labor, probably not the best fit (other then reminding me why it was such a great idea to stay out of the hospital ).

I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
#4 of 5 Old 10-14-2010, 06:16 PM

I'm definitely not THAT close to giving birth (at least I hope not...babies need to bake another 7 weeks at least), but I "talk" to my babies with thoughts...I visualize things, tell them the best way to present themselves at the time of birth, the best time for them to come, and not to be scared, that we love them very much and I will bring them safely into the world. They seem to listen...they were head down at the last u/s and I have felt nothing but feet by my ribs. They also just "seem" to be happy, it's hard to explain.
#5 of 5 Old 10-15-2010, 08:02 PM

I walked and walked...about a mile twice a day!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page