I'm over my darn due-date - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 56 Old 12-06-2010, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm a pretty dedicated UCer, had three just for my cred. But at 14 days past due (which has been the last two), I do call my back up midwife and ask for some advice. If you've been having signs of labor that have gone away, that can be indicative of a problem, especially with the headache and gut pains. Just call to see if she'll do a quick check up for blood pressure and protein, and listen to the baby's heart and umbilical blood flow. It's hard getting our own blood pressure, and often the cuffs we buy or use can be less correct when we've gained weight in our arms from pregnancy. I just hit 210 and my cuff won't read for me right now. 

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

#32 of 56 Old 12-06-2010, 09:55 AM

I would definitely get your blood pressure checked.  Headaches can be a symptom of elevated blood pressure and that needs to be watched in late pregnancy.

#33 of 56 Old 12-06-2010, 11:11 AM

Trust your instincts and your body, mama. You don't have those for nothing. If something feels wrong to you, maybe something IS wrong. I hope you will hold your wonderful baby soon.

#34 of 56 Old 12-06-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonee View Post

Trust your instincts and your body, mama. You don't have those for nothing. If something feels wrong to you, maybe something IS wrong. I hope you will hold your wonderful baby soon.

Absolutely. You are your own best expert. If something feels wrong, listen to that feeling and act accordingly.

#35 of 56 Old 12-06-2010, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice.

The headaches have actually disappeared now.

The blood pressure cuff I've been using was one the nurse used on my grandpa when he lived with us just before dying last year. I think it's probably good, and even though I've gained weight according to the scale, there's nothing noticeable on my body.

The intestinal pain has been there throughout the pregnancy, just less intense and frequent, and the pressure is more extreme, but that has also died down since yesterday. I think I might go get checked out anyway, but it is very possible that it's just from the baby being low.

It's really had to tell if it's actually intestinal or just the baby. He's really poking around my hips lately.

I'm going to give myself until the 8th and if nothing happens I'll see a midwife. My husband is getting anxious too.

dayiscoming2006 likes this.
#36 of 56 Old 12-06-2010, 11:39 AM

I don't usually come to the pregnancy forum, but I stumbled across this, and I have to say, that if it feels like something is wrong, you need to get it checked out.  If everything is OK, then you can relax, but if something is wrong then it needs to be taken care of.  It is important to listen to you body when things don't feel right.  

I know a mom who was being told not to worry after her DD fell b/c she wasn't showing any specific neurological symptoms, but her mom just felt something was wrong.  The girls skull had a hole in it. If you feel like something is wrong trust that feeling even if you can't fully explain it.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#37 of 56 Old 12-06-2010, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Is there a reason not to go today?  At least give them a call?

You've got this collection of aches and pains and feeling yucky, plus a major change in BP (I know it's still in the normal range, but it's a big change *for you*).  In your posts, you sound exhausted, and in your pictures you look it.  The longer you wait to talk to a doctor or midwife, the fewer options will be available to you when you do - a bad situation can go from a reason for induction to a reason for immediate surgery in two days. 

April422 and nurturedmoms like this.
#38 of 56 Old 12-06-2010, 11:50 AM

coming in from "new posts." and felt compelled to comment.  I had a friend with HELLP that came on VERY VERY quickly. Her only real symptom before her BP skyrocketed and the baby and herself were in trouble was that she felt uncomfortable and slightly out of it. It comes fast and really there is no reason to wait it out right now if you are feeling like something is off.

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#39 of 56 Old 12-06-2010, 12:48 PM

((hugs)) I agree with most of the others, you need to go get a once over by a midwife or Dr. Not only because of some of the things that are going on, but because YOU feel like something isn't right. The biggest part of doing UC is listening to your body. Your body is telling you that you need to be checked out and you are trying to listen, but you're second guessing yourself. You are kind of asking others to talk you out of what is bothering you and that can be very dangerous in a UC situation, as you are then not listening to yourself and what is going on with your body.

What I see from your posts that make me really believe you know you need to be seen:

1. Your BP is worrying YOU. Even if it turns out to be nothing and isn't in the 'high' range, it's still worrying you.

2. You're having (or had) headaches consistently enough that it was bothering YOU.

3. You said yourself that you feel like it's just not right.

4. You said you don't think you should or can go on anymore. YOU are telling you he is ready to come out.

5. Even though the intestinal pain has been off an on in your pregnancy, it was different or bad enough for you to mention it at all and especially as 'weird intestinal pain'.

No one can make you agree to an induction. Getting checked out will hurt nothing, will ease your mind, and may let you know what needs to happen. There is no failure to accept that you do need to see a midwife or Dr.

I was planning a UC with my 2nd pregnancy until I found out it was triplets. I still had a homebirth with them, but trusted myself enough to be ok with my feeling that a UC wasn't a good option for me anymore. I had a fleeting moment of failure because I wasnt' going to get MY uc, but I acknowleged that I was trusting my body to know what I needed and a UC wasn't it.

simonee and nurturedmoms like this.

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
#40 of 56 Old 12-06-2010, 01:26 PM

OP, one thing that get's glossed over often on support boards is the fact that fear is a healthy emotion that protects us from doing things that are unreasonably dangerous. You should honor your fear and address it. You don't have enough information right now. Please go get checked out. If you do a BPP or non-stress test and everything checks out fine, that doesn't make it a waste of time. That is valuable information to have.

Statistically you should be fine. But you're not a statistic. You're an individual, and statistics don't apply to individuals. If you are worried, concerned, afraid, or just wondering those are valid, valuable emotions. Get checked out because that is what your intuition is telling you to do. Honor those instincts.

Hope you're holding your baby by this time tomorrow!! thumb.gif

nurturedmoms likes this.
#41 of 56 Old 12-06-2010, 02:37 PM

OP -- I have to add my voice to those who are telling you to get things checked out! I agree that a couple of your symptoms (rise in BP -- even though it's in "normal" range, it's not normal for you -- and "weird intestinal pain") could be cause for concern. It might be nothing, but even if it is, getting a medical opinion will relieve your fears. Happy birthing to you, and keep us updated!

#42 of 56 Old 12-06-2010, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

If baby is in distress, would castor oil or another "natural" induction cause more harm?

I've been doing nipple stimulation and am now taking fiberblend, it's like metamucil, I guess, although I've never even seen metamucil heh.

I got two pressure waves that felt more like pressure waves than the usual lame tightening, but a couple lame-ish BH in between them, and that was about an hour ago and nothing since.

My body is really pissing me off.

I don't understand it. I was so healthy for so long. Why couldn't he just come out when everything was good. Why wait until things are bad??

I'm looking up midwives around here. Freaking heck, man.

I just want to see my kid to know he's okay. I just need to see him!

#43 of 56 Old 12-06-2010, 03:49 PM

Do not NOT NOT do castor oil. If you are already having intestinal cramping and distress, you will think you are being ripped in half if you do castor oil. It is not a good idea, and can cause you to quickly become weak and dehydrated as you, ah, crap your guts out.

GL finding a midwife to help you out! Labor and baby vibes headed your way.
#44 of 56 Old 12-06-2010, 03:59 PM

I'm not sure if a new midwife would see you now.  Maybe you could go to the old one and mend fences.  If you feel you need medical help, but don't know how to get it, I'd just go to a labor and delivery and tell them that you think you're in labor. They'll check you out.   I know you want to trust your body...we all do.  I had thoughts with my 4th...after 3 easy labors, that this one wasn't going to be so easy.  I felt a wierd hip pain and knew he was malpositioned.  Sure enough, he was.  I needed assistance.   My instincts told me I did.  I cancelled my homebirth 2 hours before the midwife was supposed to show.  Talk about hurt pride, but in the end, I was glad I listened to my inner voice.  Midwife still delivered, but just not how imagined.

Some of the things you've said here tell me that you may be telling your inner voice to shut up or your just not sure what to do.

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

#45 of 56 Old 12-06-2010, 04:03 PM

I did caster oil with my first. It was a clean birth, but bloody long! 12hrs pre labour and another 9 actual labour, but because I messed with it (transfered in due to INTENSE pre labour), my labour kept stalling. I ended up with an AROM, the pitocinon drip and an epidural just to cope. I pushed her out, but yah :( Wouldnt recomend it. Did homeopathics and reflexology to bring on #2 and my partner did these modified stretch and sweeps. The labour was better but transition sucked! 3hrs of hell cause he wasnt in a good position......

Get yourself to someone who can do reflexology or accupunture, and chat to a good midwife/doula about any concerns you may have x

#46 of 56 Old 12-06-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Spiral View Post

I just want to see my kid to know he's okay. I just need to see him!

Then get checked out ASAP. Please. If the most important thing to you is having an okay kid, just go see somebody and make sure.

You don't want to kick yourself later if you don't, and wind up wondering if you should have.

#47 of 56 Old 12-07-2010, 11:23 AM

You can go to UMC and tell them that you think you are in labor, like another poster said.  I had my middle child there and it was wonderful.  Absolutely wonderful.  Don't worry about the money right now.  The most important thing is that you and your baby are okay.  They have to see you, have to take care of you there.  

I really hope that you're doing better by now.  Good luck to you.

#48 of 56 Old 12-07-2010, 11:24 AM

(hugs) girly...sounds like you're at the end. I'll be thinking of you, and wishing the best. 

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

#49 of 56 Old 12-07-2010, 02:15 PM

How's everything mama? I'm thinking of you. 

Healthcare is a human right!
#50 of 56 Old 12-07-2010, 02:20 PM

I hope you get checked out. And I'm not normally one for that!

Mother to R- 2/09, & C- 5/11

#51 of 56 Old 12-07-2010, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I hope you are doing well, it sounds like you are really close!  Do you have a fetoscope?  That might be quite reassuring.

BC Mum of three ('05, '07, '11 and #4 coming May '14!)    jumpers.gif  belly.gif 

#52 of 56 Old 12-08-2010, 03:30 AM

Hoping your quietness is cause your son is in your arms x

#53 of 56 Old 12-08-2010, 07:01 AM

I have been checking this thread. Hope you have a wonderful baby in your arms!

#54 of 56 Old 12-08-2010, 09:57 AM

How are you today, mama?

#55 of 56 Old 12-08-2010, 08:46 PM

I've been checking this thread to see how you are doing, too! I hope everything is well with you and your babe -- my thoughts are with you!

#56 of 56 Old 12-10-2010, 08:27 AM

She posted her birth story with a pic! Cute little guy was born 12/7.

Dd 9/99 via csection. 6 lbs 10oz

Dd 1/11 via vbac. 8 lbs 10oz

11 years secondary infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page