please please send labor vibes - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-14-2010, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am 10 days overdue and R E A L L Y  wanna give birth. The baby is totally head down, punching my thighs. every night I am in quazi-prodromal labor. I say this because I get maybe 4-5 breath through contx. Then they petter out and I am antzy.

What is weird is unlike the last babies I uc'd, this one seems to be comfy with me, and I with him/her. I mean I am uncomfortable, but getting used to this mass on my front.

BUT I am a b*tch. I am so cranky!

We tried a natural prostaglandin deposit (hahahaha) this morning. No good and painful because I am sooooo swollen down there! I considered castor oil- but my poops are loose enough.

any suggestions?

Please help!

Mama to 5 babies. UCer, too!
#2 of 7 Old 12-15-2010, 04:18 AM

Advice?  Just the basics...patience and excellent self-care.  If you are losing sleep, then make sure to get naps.  Get a massage, or somethign else that can help with discomforts...check in with your baby lovingly, trust yourself, your baby, the process.  Notice when you are anxious/antsy and breathe deep.

Babies always come!  Won't be long now....

hug2.gif

Juvysen and dayiscoming2006 like this.
#3 of 7 Old 12-16-2010, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

thank you so much Ms Black. I know babies always come, but this time, he jsut seems so content to hang out! I go to bed thinking every night "this is the night" and I get so depressed when nothing happens. My prodromal labor is sporatic and frustrating. BUT I need to stay outta my own way.

He's moving slowly now- but still joyful of the peace inside my belly, as opposed to the chaos of 4 big sisters dying to meet him/her!

#4 of 7 Old 12-16-2010, 06:08 PM

Yeah, most of my babies were on the early side, 37 wks up to due date births.  The one that decided she liked the 'peace within' until nearly 42, well I woke each morning a cried for a few minutes...oh NO, still pregnant!  But then I got on with day, a few tears didn't hurt either of us.

As for this one loving that peace within--maybe you need to talk to this baby about how much fun there is in a house full of sibs!

Hang in there, cry if you need to, it'll only relax you--and laugh whenever you can lol.gif

Juvysen and dayiscoming2006 like this.
#5 of 7 Old 12-16-2010, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

maybe you'll have one of those labors where the baby just pops out! 

Anyway, labor vibes, coming your way!

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#6 of 7 Old 12-17-2010, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

my last UC was 2 hrs. I am hoping I am one of those mamas who go to sleep, then wake up with a baby in bed. Sleep through the whole thing!

Juvysen likes this.

#7 of 7 Old 12-17-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjeans View Post

my last UC was 2 hrs. 

This one will probably be fast too then. Not guaranteed but probably. :)

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page