please please send labor vibes - Mothering Forums

please please send labor vibes

amyjeans's Avatar amyjeans (TS)
01:37 PM Liked: 19
#1 of 7
12-14-2010 | Posts: 2,490

I am 10 days overdue and R E A L L Y  wanna give birth. The baby is totally head down, punching my thighs. every night I am in quazi-prodromal labor. I say this because I get maybe 4-5 breath through contx. Then they petter out and I am antzy.

What is weird is unlike the last babies I uc'd, this one seems to be comfy with me, and I with him/her. I mean I am uncomfortable, but getting used to this mass on my front.

BUT I am a b*tch. I am so cranky!

We tried a natural prostaglandin deposit (hahahaha) this morning. No good and painful because I am sooooo swollen down there! I considered castor oil- but my poops are loose enough.

any suggestions?

Please help!

MsBlack's Avatar MsBlack
05:18 AM Liked: 126
#2 of 7
12-15-2010 | Posts: 3,473

Advice?  Just the basics...patience and excellent self-care.  If you are losing sleep, then make sure to get naps.  Get a massage, or somethign else that can help with discomforts...check in with your baby lovingly, trust yourself, your baby, the process.  Notice when you are anxious/antsy and breathe deep.

Babies always come!  Won't be long now....

hug2.gif

05:40 PM Liked: 19
#3 of 7
12-16-2010 | Posts: 2,490

thank you so much Ms Black. I know babies always come, but this time, he jsut seems so content to hang out! I go to bed thinking every night "this is the night" and I get so depressed when nothing happens. My prodromal labor is sporatic and frustrating. BUT I need to stay outta my own way.

He's moving slowly now- but still joyful of the peace inside my belly, as opposed to the chaos of 4 big sisters dying to meet him/her!

MsBlack's Avatar MsBlack
07:08 PM Liked: 126
#4 of 7
12-16-2010 | Posts: 3,473

Yeah, most of my babies were on the early side, 37 wks up to due date births.  The one that decided she liked the 'peace within' until nearly 42, well I woke each morning a cried for a few minutes...oh NO, still pregnant!  But then I got on with day, a few tears didn't hurt either of us.

As for this one loving that peace within--maybe you need to talk to this baby about how much fun there is in a house full of sibs!

Hang in there, cry if you need to, it'll only relax you--and laugh whenever you can lol.gif

Juvysen's Avatar Juvysen
07:25 PM Liked: 42
#5 of 7
12-16-2010 | Posts: 7,279

maybe you'll have one of those labors where the baby just pops out! 

Anyway, labor vibes, coming your way!

11:00 AM Liked: 19
#6 of 7
12-17-2010 | Posts: 2,490

my last UC was 2 hrs. I am hoping I am one of those mamas who go to sleep, then wake up with a baby in bed. Sleep through the whole thing!

dayiscoming2006's Avatar dayiscoming2006
01:57 PM Liked: 118
#7 of 7
12-17-2010 | Posts: 2,783

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjeans View Post

my last UC was 2 hrs. 

This one will probably be fast too then. Not guaranteed but probably. :)

Reply Subscribe Unassisted Childbirth