UC roll call and birth stories wiki! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-03-2011, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey all~! I've been gone for a while so I was surprised to find everything different and the stickies gone. If you're not the only one and you're wondering what happened to the UC roll call and birth stories list, it's now here: http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/u-c-roll-call Alternately, you can go to the Wiki tab in the purple bar above and look under "U" to find it.

Now that it's a wiki, anyone can update it. thumb.gif I will go ahead and update info I received as PMs before the switch-over.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2011, 08:39 AM

This is a much better idea. Thanks for letting us know. 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Old 01-04-2011, 08:51 AM

Any clue what if they plan to fix the old stickies? Without those stickies it seems a lot of people ask the same questions over and over. The Birth Certificate and UC resources stickies would be nice to have back.

The negative with the wiki is it is hard to find. Any way they can link a wiki from the forum?

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

Old 06-05-2011, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

No, I have no idea. The wiki is hard to find. In fact, the only way I was able to get to it was through this thread -- I am not finding a link on the wiki page anywhere. Apparently I'm not the only one, as it's been updated only once in the last six months.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:36 PM

Um. How accessible is that wiki? Because one of the stories (from 2007) on there had the comment (planned; story says "unplanned" for protection) I replaced it with unplanned until we know how the mama in question feels about the situation now.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:43 PM

I was wondering what had happened to that. I always liked to use our statistics to show how uncommon intervention and complication is in our UCs. Our mortality rate has been low (although I know we've had more tragedies as the forum has grown, and I don't know what our rates look like now) in the past, and I've always used that as loose evidence that UC is not quite so unsafe as the naysayers would have us believe--especially when we adjust for high risk and low risk.

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Oh how I miss the days of femalesling.GIF  nak.gifcd.gif  
Old 06-06-2011, 10:24 AM

It's a bit confusing. They had it under a strange section. I just put it under "pregnancy and birth articles" in the wiki section and it should be easier to find now if you know that. Hopefully people will update. Wish they still had a link stickied.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

s_c, did it say "planned"? Or just nothing? If the first, either the "un" was accidentally left off or someone wanted to intentionally mark it as planned. Because the stories are not labeled unless not planned or there is a transfer or unusual circumstance. Not sure what you're asking about the accessibility -- anyone can see it and change it (a record is kept of the changes made I believe.)

I think we should go back to a thread for the roll call like we had in the old days. It wouldn't be a wiki, but it would be easily accessible and visible. The wiki does make me nervous, it is way too easy for people to make changes with malicious intent, and if people aren't paying attention... it could be gotten away with pretty easily. The only problem with making it a thread is that somebody has to take responsibility for making changes... and honestly I don't want to be the only one doing it anymore and in the past no one else has stepped up. (Except for one person who ended up not being able to spend the time keeping it up to date.) We could do it monthly... anyone want to volunteer to take a month?

moonfirefaery, what I like about the list is having the stories all in one place. It's one thing to look at cold hard statistics and another entirely to see for oneself the situations that make up those statistics!

Old 06-06-2011, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I would be willing to help keep a roll call list up to date.  I noticed on the wiki list that there are at least 9 that never updated saying they had their baby.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 06-06-2011, 05:37 PM

Thanks Ive been searching for something like this!

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Old 06-07-2011, 12:16 PM

maybe 'stickies' here would be better.  can we still do 'stickies?' 

Kimberly, mom & wife - blogging.jpg about pregnancy and birth
DD 2004; 3 angel1.gif babies 2007-08; rainbow1284.gif twin DDs 2009; DD 7/12/11 hospital uhoh3.gif VBAC bouncy.gifafter 2 cesareans!

Old 06-09-2011, 06:38 PM

awww...i didn't know about that! I'm on there twice, in 03 and in 05, which makes me feel better about someone questioning my right to be on the board lol!

I don't know what happened with my join date saying 07 though...I've been here at least since 2001. orngtongue.gif

I have more, but I probably won't add them on. 

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

User Tag List