Hello, I need some advice.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-10-2011, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, I need some advice, and maybe some encouragement too=(. My fiance and I had our UC at his apartment new years day=), we are in KY. I have read the KY REGISTRAR GUIDELINES on filing for a birth certificate, I have ALMOST everything I need, minus proof of live birth, I have taken him to see a doctor and I did request a copy of the medical records, (waiting on them to prepare them) hoping that this can be used as "proof" that he was born alive. I am wondering because Ive gotten nothing but the run around, if anyone here lives in KY, could tell me where I take everything to register the birth, I would ASSUME vital statistics office, but the way Ive heard its the health department. I am worried if I go to the wrong place that Im going to get more of the run around=(. Im pretty timid when it comes to authority figures and I really dont even want to register his birth, but I know it would make things easier for me and Leo (my UC baby) later on down the road. Any info and suggestions please?? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2011, 09:53 PM

I don't know anything about KY but in California taking the baby with you to sign the papers works as proof of live birth, as well as a notorized statement from a witness...  Here we register at the County Health Dept.   

I would suggest calling ahead just to get information, that way worse case you just get redirected over the phone to whomever you need to actually register the birth with, and can get the correct info on what you're going to need...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  and Good Luck!

photosmile2.gif  M~ Mother to 1 GentlemanREPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 Ladies blahblah.gif, thumbsuck.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, whistling.gif, energy.gif and 1 More Gentleman 1sttri.gif arriving in May, + 2 dog2.gifdog2.gif, and a rat hamster.jpg to add to the fun.

novaxnocirc.gif     cd.gif        treehugger.gif       goorganic.jpg       lactivist.gif       uc.jpg       bfinfant.gif      
Old 01-13-2011, 02:11 PM

I don't have any advice, but Congratulations! orngbiggrin.gif

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.

User Tag List