Getting a birth certificate when you live on the road - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-13-2011, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for some brainstorming. Silly ideas, creative ideas, btdt, random guesses...I have plenty of time but would like to figure this out with time enough to plan our travels ahead of time

We live full time on the road, in our RV. If all goes as planned, I'll be having a completely UP/UC....I'm seeing that most states require proof of residency to get a birth certificate. We can pick and choose where the baby is born, so I can just have the baby in a state that won't give me flack...if there IS one. lol We're also seriously considering birthing out of the country and just going through the US Embassy for all our red tape. It is looking like it might be easier to get the kid a SSN and such from outside the US than from within! lol

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2011, 05:15 PM

I had a problem proving residency with my last birth.  My county in CA required a utility bill... I didn't have one, all my utilities were included in my rent, although I had gobs of other mail, they wouldn't accept anything but a utility bill.  Thank goodness after a quick call the the Health Dept, the recorder advised me that a simple signed statement from the property manager providing details of my address would be suffice.

I imagine a signed receipt or rental statement from an RV park would probably work?!?   I'd start calling around to places you are considering birthing and ask them what such requirements would be in your situation.  If you are uncomfortable providing the information that you are UCing, simply telling them that you are homebirthing should be suffice...   Good Luck!

photosmile2.gif  M~ Mother to 1 GentlemanREPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 Ladies blahblah.gif, thumbsuck.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, whistling.gif, energy.gif and 1 More Gentleman 1sttri.gif arriving in May, + 2 dog2.gifdog2.gif, and a rat hamster.jpg to add to the fun.

novaxnocirc.gif     cd.gif        treehugger.gif       goorganic.jpg       lactivist.gif       uc.jpg       bfinfant.gif      
Old 01-13-2011, 08:39 PM

It was SUPER EASY to get a birth certificate for my UC in UTAH.  I just went down to the office of vital records and requested the "home birth packet".  I filled it out, gave them a check for like $20 and that was it.  Voila, birth certificate.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

good to know. thanks.

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

Old 03-22-2011, 09:56 PM

do you have a family member or friend who you could start to have mail sent to/use their address for proof of residency? If you have plenty of time you just have to have official mail sent before and after the birth (a cell phone bill or credit card or something)... it would probably help if it was in the same state as your drivers license, but maybe not necessary.

User Tag List