Joining you ladies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-18-2011, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there, wanted to come in an introduce myself as I plan to hang out w/ you all.  I am currently preg w/ our first due in April and have decided on an UC.  Right now I'm seeing an OB and will continue as I haven't found a MW that I love or could afford since I was all ready half way through my preg when I learned there were other options besides ob/hospital birth.  As bad as this may sound I plan to just go along w/ my OB until I go into labor and pretend to have an "oops" uc.  This of course is only if everything goes well, but so far so good. orngbiggrin.gif  I've done so much reading and am so upset at the pitocin and c/s rate (among other things) and altho my OB seems to be very naturally minded I don't like nor trust hospitals and I don't like some of their rules. (Like are IVs and denying liquids really necessary?)  eyesroll.gif I talked to my ob about delayed cord clamping and was told until the cord was clamped I wouldn't be able to hold MY baby. nono02.gif Not to mention the pp rooms were so small they made me feel claustrophobic. Deep down I FEEL that I can do this.  My dh really isn't on board w/ this right now, but after making him watch the Business of Being Born, I think it opened his eyes a little.  I've learned so much all ready and plan to hang around and learn so much more from you all and hopefully contribute some too. wave.gif

#2 of 6 Old 01-18-2011, 04:12 PM

Yay another April mama!! hola.gif

#3 of 6 Old 01-18-2011, 06:20 PM

Welcome!

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#4 of 6 Old 01-18-2011, 10:05 PM

Yeah!  April Mama here too. Welcome. Great to hear another first time mom thinking UC - I wanted to with my first but transferred.  Hopefully not this time.  

Lisa - Mama to DD (12/07) and now a DS (3/11)! A wonderful uc.jpg!
#5 of 6 Old 01-20-2011, 11:45 AM

Congratulations, both on your impending little one and your clear intelligence! winky.gif Welcome!

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#6 of 6 Old 01-20-2011, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you ladies, I'm so glad I found this board.  And whoo hoo for us April mamas.  I'm so glad to be here and have your support and wisdom to back me up. :D

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page