UC private lounge!!! Yay!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 05-29-2011, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

it's gonna take me forever to get to 50 posts :( I'll have my baby before I get into the private forum

Happily married to my DH joy.gifStep-mom to a very smart 5yo boy notes.gif and a mommy to a 3yo princessdust.gifPregnant with my second baby due 7/27/11 belly.gifPlanning on my second uc.jpg too!

homeschool.gif     intactlact.gif     winner.jpg      familybed1.gif  cd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 38 Old 05-29-2011, 02:25 PM

LOL!  Me, too!!  At the rate I post, I'll have two more!  Oh well.  The ironic part is that the reason I I don't have more posts is that I'm not all that comfortable posting out here in the open.  At least I can lurk here :) and that's useful.

Edited: Actually, I just did the math - I'd have 3 more children.  But...I'd also be 45.  Hmmm.  And my oldest would be 20.  I'm betting I'd really need the forum then!! :)

#33 of 38 Old 05-29-2011, 07:46 PM

lol you did the math.

and yeah I don't really feel like I can contribute a lot to very many forums, so I don't post, but I really like to read through everybody's posts, especially the UC ones. But I think once you've had a UC it shouldn't matter how many posts you have because obviously you're PRO-UC! LOL

I'm having my second UC, and I feel so left out of the UC clique lol

Happily married to my DH joy.gifStep-mom to a very smart 5yo boy notes.gif and a mommy to a 3yo princessdust.gifPregnant with my second baby due 7/27/11 belly.gifPlanning on my second uc.jpg too!

#34 of 38 Old 05-29-2011, 09:12 PM

Maybe we should start a "UP YOUR POST COUNT" thread in the UC forum where people just post totally random stuff so they can get to 50 LOL Maybe a joke thread....we could all use a little humor with all the trolls hanging around lol.gif

#35 of 38 Old 05-29-2011, 10:41 PM

Blondy, I know this is off topic, but I would LOVE to hear about your first UC.

treehugger.gifhippie.gifhomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
Vegetarian Spiritual wife to Joshua (HS sweetheart, together since 1999); mother of Eve (Dec 2003)  Cian (March 2009), and Sage (March 2011)! <--uc.jpg!
geek.gifMy book about what I learned from my experiences with childbirth was published April 2011. om.gif
#36 of 38 Old 05-29-2011, 11:02 PM

Well, I think it's no dice for me. I'm in the same boat at Blondygirl - this will be my second UC, and I don't have enough posts. But even if I did just post random stuff around, I still wouldn't make the cutoff for the 'be a member for 60 days'. Well, maybe by a week or so.... I have read threads off and on when I was looking for specific information, but never posted. Oh well.

#37 of 38 Old 05-30-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethE View Post

Blondy, I know this is off topic, but I would LOVE to hear about your first UC.

Well, since I never posted it over three years ago when I had my daughter, I managed to get it posted a week or so ago in "birth stories" so you can find it there. But I will say this, it was absolutely the best decision I ever made! My sister (who goes by mwright on mothering.com) convinced me to do it after her unplanned c-section with a midwife. She doesn't really blame the midwife but she does think that there was too much intervention and that scared me INTO going unassisted hehe! But my word, I think I'm more nervous the second time around! At 16, I was blissfully ignorant, only reading about and focusing on positive aspects of UC, this time I'm more aware of everything that can go wrong and it gets me worried! Hate that lol! BUT, when I was pregnant the first time, I found a midwife that was willing to let me do UC and then give baby and I a check-up afterwards, and I have her this time too, so I can always call her if I feel something is going wrong. I very strongly believe in mother's intuition and that if I pay attention to my body I will be able to prevent any mishap. I can never say anything like that to regular moms though, to them reality is what it is and we have absolutely no power over it. I love the self-confidence that UC gives you! It's really amazing, I felt like a freakin goddess for the longest time after birth lol. And I am so sure that was how God planned it, to make women feel that way, it's really sad when women CHOOSE to miss out on something like that. And its even sadder when they try to make me miss out on it too by putting a guilt trip on me about having a UC by saying "What if something goes wrong, that's so dangerous!" EVEN THIS PREGNANCY! I have to remind people that I've done this before, WHEN I WAS 16!!! I guess no matter how many UC's I have, there will be women that will always regard me as irresponsible or endangering my child's life. Well, I think my daughter is actually smarter from her birth experience (LOL not sure that's possible but it's a nice thought, probably just the breastfeeding and no-vax though) and the birth of my daughter was HEALING to my entire family considering all the births they've been through before. I sure am grateful for my big sister who not only showed me a better way to give birth, but she also walked the talk by having a beautiful VBAC last year. I'm so proud of her :)

If you ask me, my sister's births are a million times more interesting than my easy little UC. My sister actually had to WORK! I'm happy I had the birth I had because I am not strong enough to endure what she did!

#38 of 38 Old 05-31-2011, 06:16 AM

Blondy, I feel a lot the same about birth that it is what it is. I will do my best but ultimately there is a lot I can't control or know. Its actually pretty freeing, even though a little scary, to realize that. I hope you have another great birth this time :)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page