Summertime UCers, let's take a roll call/ have a chat thread! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-16-2011, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi mamas!

well i will hopefuully be UC'ing in 5wks! we are soo excited i still have a few things left to get for my birth but other then that we are set !

Is there any mamas who are uc in texas?

btw this will be my 3rd lil monkey , sex will be a surprise and my first UC how exciting !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2011, 12:16 PM

I'm now 29 weeks and can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going!  I guess I need to make a list of the things I want and get all of it...I know I need to order the pool, but I think I can get just about everything else over the next few weeks locally!

What are the must haves on your list? This will be my 1st time UCing so I really have no idea what are the must have items.

Julia mommy to Mikaela 9, Ethan 5, and Cayden 6/10/09, expecting #4 July/ Aug!

I'm a winner.jpgcd.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gif kinda mom!
Old 05-16-2011, 04:33 PM

Shoot, I saw a couple of lists posted on a thread here a while back, but I can't remember which one.  I'm sure if you search, you'll find some good stuff.  I can direct you to this resource - http://www.writeaboutbirth.com/index.php/unassisted-birth/.

I can't believe I'm getting close(r) to birthing this baby.  I'm excited and somewhat nervous . . . nervous not scared.  This will be my first and last vaginal birth - it's hard to not put a lot of pressure on myself to 'get it right' this time.  I'm a bit obsessive about baby's position, perhaps.  Well, except that I'm laying back on pillows in my bed as I type.  Ooops.

Hey anyone in the 3rd tri keeping track of the cervix?  Last week when I tried to find it, it was MIA.  Now @33 weeks I can barely reach it with my middle finger and was surprised at how mushy it felt!  Sorry if this is TMI for any of ya.

Kimberly, mom & wife - blogging.jpg about pregnancy and birth
DD 2004; 3 angel1.gif babies 2007-08; rainbow1284.gif twin DDs 2009; DD 7/12/11 hospital uhoh3.gif VBAC bouncy.gifafter 2 cesareans!

Old 05-17-2011, 05:25 AM

LOL, this may be the forum LEAST concerned about TMI!  Or maybe it's just me.  redface.gif

Quick update:  I kept butting heads with the ob I was seeing until he finally agreed to transfer me to the perinatologist I'd been trying to see since the beginning of my pregnancy.  I had kind of a weird philosophy about this, and it was a gamble, but one that has finally paid off!  Background:  I have a lot of "risk factors" that make a regular ob consider me high risk and treat me with kid gloves, but those factors have never affected my births.  My theory was that perinatologists see the REAL high-risk moms.  Their jobs are exciting enough without having to blow my existing-but-not-that-relevant-risk-factors all out of proportion like all the regular ob's do.  But I could NOT get an ob to refer me, and the peri wouldn't see me without a referral, until a couple weeks ago.

I got a HUGE surprise:  the perinatal office has a MIDWIFE on staff (this is extremely rare for my area).  And it seems that I GET TO SEE HER for the balance of my pregnancy!  And she's FABULOUS!!!  At my office visit yesterday, she actually told me that the best outcome for me would be to labor at home as long as possible, up to and including either getting to the hospital just in time to deliver, or just having the baby at home and then coming in to get checked out.  faint.gif  She basically confirmed for me that my risk factors had been blown ALL out of proportion, and that while they couldn't just ignore the fact that I have diabetes, she apparently doesn't think it's remotely bad enough to affect the baby (as long as I keep as good or better control as I have right now, through the end of the pregnancy).

Also, I'm GBS NEGATIVE this time (yay!!) AND she said that as long as I came in for an extra monitoring session, she'd be willing to not push induction until I hit 41 weeks, just to give me extra time to go into labor on my own.  As a t2 diabetic, this is HUGE for me.  Every other hcp I've seen this pregnancy has insisted that I WOULD be induced in my 39th week, but both my previous labors started on their own at roughly 41 weeks.

I'm sorry if this post is way too medicalized for the u/c forum, but dang it I MIGHT just get to have my 2nd u/c after all and I wanted to share.  love.gif

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

Old 05-17-2011, 09:58 AM

Hooray HeathenMom!  That sounds positively idea.  I'm sure that's made you feel even more confident about your ability to UC (if that's what you want to do).

But you didn't answer my question! lol.gif

Kimberly, mom & wife - blogging.jpg about pregnancy and birth
DD 2004; 3 angel1.gif babies 2007-08; rainbow1284.gif twin DDs 2009; DD 7/12/11 hospital uhoh3.gif VBAC bouncy.gifafter 2 cesareans!

Old 05-17-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labortrials View Post

Hooray HeathenMom!  That sounds positively idea.  I'm sure that's made you feel even more confident about your ability to UC (if that's what you want to do).

But you didn't answer my question! lol.gif

I absolutely want to uc again; it was such an amazing experience!  I was just getting such insane drama from the ob's I saw ... that didn't seem to match up to what I was experiencing.  It was very calming to meet with an hcp who LISTENED to me, LOOKED at my history, and TALKED with me as a person.  I fully intend to continue with the monitoring, but as long as I go into labor on my own by 41 weeks and as long as things continue to look great ... uc #2, baby!

And LOL ... I tried and tried to find my cervix with both my girls, and never could; I quit checking very late in pregnancy because it was just too difficult for me to reach in there (I'm a fluffy mama...)!  I'm smaller now than I was then, and I've tried a couple of times to find my cervix this go-round, but still no luck.   Does that help?

Old 05-17-2011, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm 35 wks but I haven't had cervix checked in a while. I do know it is very soft & sore down there and BHs are getting worse. I'll ask DH to check it out tonight wink1.gif.   He's pretty good at finding it. Also, there is a post in Homebirth called "The Not So Basic Homebirth Supply List" or something like that. It was extremely helpful to me because it's a compilation of everyones ideas about what the had vs what the actually used. You should check it out!!

Old 05-17-2011, 04:26 PM

Hi, 

I'm Morene I have two kids and am pregnant with my third, I delivered my son in a BC and my daughter in a HB both attended by my beloved midwife. I have recently moved and am see an OB Louisiana is limited in the midwife department so I am considering a UC. I am asking for anyone willing to point me in the direction of information on UC and all that I will need. I hate hospitals just the thought of someone telling me to lay down and push, ugh! My midwife was very hands off no IVs no here let me cut your perineum or stick my hand up your cookie...Glad to see I am not the last person left who feels like birth should be natural and un medicated!om.gif

Old 06-27-2011, 03:21 PM

How are all of the summer ladies doing?

Old 06-27-2011, 06:29 PM

We had our 2nd (and final) uc on June 9th.  Eamon Kenneth was 11 lb. 2 oz. and was born at 41 weeks 1 day after a less-than-4-hour labor.  It was ... INTENSE -- FAR more difficult than his sister's birth.  He was fine, but has had lots of issues nursing and had a fever at 4 days, both of which landed him in the hospital for 48 hours.  We're still trying to recover nursing-wise from everything, but it's better than it was.  :/

We were so happy that the birth happened at home, but I must say ... I'm so happy that I NEVER have to give birth again.  :D

Old 06-27-2011, 09:11 PM

Congrats! My Nathan was the exact same weight and yeah, it was much harder than I care to remember! 

I'm glad you both are doing better and that you're on your road to recover.

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

User Tag List