So frusterated with the world, today... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 04-09-2011, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hehe, even with me on my knees in the tub screaming, pooping in my birth pool, and having to have a rude doctor take out my placenta, I'd still choose UC again and again LOL

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Oh how I miss the days of femalesling.GIF  nak.gifcd.gif  
#32 of 37 Old 04-09-2011, 06:13 PM

What a great guy, that doctor, hm?

treehugger.gifhippie.gifhomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
Vegetarian Spiritual wife to Joshua (HS sweetheart, together since 1999); mother of Eve (Dec 2003)  Cian (March 2009), and Sage (March 2011)! <--uc.jpg!
geek.gifMy book about what I learned from my experiences with childbirth was published April 2011. om.gif
#33 of 37 Old 04-09-2011, 06:15 PM

Yeah, how nice of him to call the base family advocacy and report me :/

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Oh how I miss the days of femalesling.GIF  nak.gifcd.gif  
#34 of 37 Old 04-12-2011, 04:02 AM

Ugh, moonfirefaery, what a UAV!

ElizabethE, thank you very much for your answer. I just met a midwife now and am just as undecided as before. She does seem very hands-off but honestly the main reason I would have her there would be to make DH more comfortable. And maybe for the off chance that I need stiches afterwards. From what it sounds like I am not that convinced that she will make it any "safer" than if I were alone but there is the added inconvenience of her wanting to transfer in certain situations. I think I might just need to start my own thread about this...

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#35 of 37 Old 04-23-2011, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

I try not to get emotionally involved... it's still VERY hard for me, but I've gotten better! One reason I have sort of passed up the idea of becoming a midwife. I think I may just be too opinionated for the better good of the birthing mom- I certainly make a better doula.

But now I'm facing my OWN issues and it literally has me so steamed I've had to put myself on bed rest to refocus.

Up until recently I have REALLY been debating doing a UC and just hanging at home with my beautiful family and my spa tub and my singing birds and duck pond. 20 mos ago I had a great hospital birth but.. mostly because I was in a fabulous mindframe. The midwife/nurses/hospital didnt really contribute at ALL other than the fact I had the tub and meds for my afterpains available.

I went in for my midwivery appointment 36.5 weeks along at the teaching hospital I attend (OHSU) on Wednesday. After sending me into the bathroom for my GBS swab, checking me at my request (his head is literally at +1 station and she commented how he was RIGHT THERE.... and I was just over a cent dilated which confirmed my own checking)  the midwife informed my my titers were up last month significantly (usually is a trace antibody identification and the last labs showed 1-7 titers)  so she wanted to get another titer draw, an ultrasound and... after consulting the perinataologist- they wanted to induce me before 39 weeks.

I think my Jaw dropped off my face bounced off the bed I was on and landed somewhere inbetween the chairs my other girls were sitting on across the room.

I have an antibody to an antigen my husband carries and so I have to be monitored to make sure Im not fighting off the baby in case the baby has that gene trait too. A rise in antibody titers would show my body has detected that the baby is antigen positive and that I was producing antibodies to fight them off. My last one is antigen positive and although I never fought her off, that's not to say that sometime during pregnancy the babies blood wouldnt pass into mine and I wouldnt start then.

I explained to her that IF my titers came back higher and there was a sign on the US that I was fighting him off, I would only consent to them stripping my membranes to get me going first. NO CERVADIL or anything like that and Pit was to be LAST resort and only to get labor going... I felt instantly like I was in a whirlwind.

MY ISSUE was that, instead of saying, "Well let's check your titers now and get the ultrasound to rule out issues and if it shows anything then I want to consult with the perinatologist..." she just went to them and was fine with the induction prescription. This is supposed to be my MIDWIFE! She is one of many I see there, but still!

So I was sent on a marathon by being worked in for an ultrasound- everything was fine only his heart rate was a tad low sticking at about 110 beats. So off to fetal monitoring I go because they were 'concerned' and he had elevations but still stuck mostly around 110. Mind you I was FREEZING and my midwife later told me that could be causing it.... FIVE hours later. But they still wanted me to come in for bi-weekly monitoring. Of course- maybe they wanted to fund some new art for the hallways....

My titers came back... they're the same, so no change.... which is good meaning Im not creating more antibodies or fighting off the baby. But... WHY is the induction prescription still standing...?

The next day I was stressed out. The what-ifs were filling my head... what if his heartrate wasnt low because I was cold.. etc, etc, etc.

So I took a bath and realized.. that I had developed an ouchy sore spot vaginally and then I freaked. I havent had a SINGLE herpes sore breakout this whole pregnancy until now. WHY NOW????

I got my Valtrex ordered and the next day- yup, it was indeed a sore. BEAUTIFUL. And they want to induce me.... Im not having it. So all of yesterday I have been set about resting and getting this thing cleared up ASAP and then I check the status of my GBS on my online chart.

GBS= Positive

So, some incarnation of evil has it out for me. At this point Im just fuming. FUMING. I see my beautiful natural waterbirth going out the window and intervention creeping in. There is NO way Im having a UC with GBS or with the sore still lingering... and I could literally go at any time. He's been engaged in the pelvis for weeks resting right on my cervix. Im afraid to even check myself now to see if Im just having BH or if I might be in labor because Im changing.

It hasnt been a good week... Im depressed and Im avoiding people who dont understand my passion for how IMPORTANT natural birth is...

-Jyn, Blessed mom of Abbie ('99), Gracie ('00), AngelBaby ('01), Danny ('02), Jacob ('03), Eva Bella ('06), Angel-Baby2 ('07), Emmalia ('09), Justus John Mark ('11), Jude Ellias Due 7-16-13

#36 of 37 Old 04-23-2011, 06:46 PM

Wow, Jyn, what an ordeal. Big hugs, mama. I started nursing school at OHSU and had to transfer because I couldn't deal with the pressure of that environment. I hope you are able to heal before labor starts. You and your babe are in my thoughts!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#37 of 37 Old 04-23-2011, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Awww, thank you. :)

I actually feel like I MIGHT have done some good at some point... Im one of those moms who needs a warning sign on the door stating Im informed, hahaha!

But one of my L&D nurses from when I had Emmalia at OHSU in the summer of 2009 was dumbfounded by my labor. She just sort of hung out while we chatted and transition was REALLY quick- water broke and then 5 minutes later baby was out. She is the one who the other nurse told to grab the bar off to the side in my birth video here.

"I've never seen anyone in labor like you!" she told me with glazed eyes. "It's like you aren't even in labor.. you look like you are at the spa!"

HAHAHA!

The next time I saw her was a few months ago when I was in L&D with an irritated uterus. She was graduating from midwivery school in a few months at that point and had gotten married over the summer. She was able to attend to me and we had the best conversation. I would love to think that somehow my birth played a role in her deciding to become a midwife- but I really don't know.

I can only hope that- if I CANT have what I want, maybe I can help change someone else's life or experience in the process by having a hospital birth? This is really the only thing I can thing of to turn around my situation. Nothing could possibly be as bad as my birth in Florida so- Im going to try and keep a positive view on it best I can.

-Jyn, Blessed mom of Abbie ('99), Gracie ('00), AngelBaby ('01), Danny ('02), Jacob ('03), Eva Bella ('06), Angel-Baby2 ('07), Emmalia ('09), Justus John Mark ('11), Jude Ellias Due 7-16-13

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page