Hello! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 04-28-2011, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been lurking here for a few weeks just reading and gathering information so I figured it was time to introduce myself :) My name is Ashley. I am expecting our 4th little surprise sometime in November/December and we are planning a UP/UC. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and I'm so excited to have found this group!

~Ashley~ Happily married to my high school sweetheart. Lucky to be a SAHM to M 1/07, M 5/08 & J 12/09 with someone new coming late fall. I'm a homebirthing, intactivist, extended breastfeeding, baby wearing, anti vaccines, cloth diapering, bed sharing kind of mommy.

#2 of 10 Old 04-28-2011, 10:07 AM

Hello Ashley!

I'm expecting my 4th as well in Nov. Wow, You will be a busy mom...my boys are 6, 5, and almost 3. Does 4 seem like a big number to you? Sometimes it does to me...even tho I grew up in a bigger family.

I'm looking forward to being done with pregnancy nausea/heartburn etc. How is your pregnancy progressing?     ~Kristie

#3 of 10 Old 04-28-2011, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Hi! I'm not as worried about going from 3 to 4 as I was going from 2 to 3. I have been super dizzy with this pregnancy and the nausea is killing me!

Wehave always wanted 4 kids so this is my dream come true.   How is your pregnancy progressing?

~Ashley~ Happily married to my high school sweetheart. Lucky to be a SAHM to M 1/07, M 5/08 & J 12/09 with someone new coming late fall. I'm a homebirthing, intactivist, extended breastfeeding, baby wearing, anti vaccines, cloth diapering, bed sharing kind of mommy.

#4 of 10 Old 04-28-2011, 01:38 PM

Hi, Ashley, I'm expecting #2 in November :)  You sound so peaceful and happy!  How is your partner feeling about a UP/UC?

#5 of 10 Old 04-28-2011, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

My husband is very onboard with the UP/UC. We had discussed it shortly after the birth of our 3rd baby and agreed that we would really love to go UC next time. Luckily DH is very holistic and prefers a hands off approach to most things so he has been very supportive. How is your partner feeling about your plans for UC?

#6 of 10 Old 04-29-2011, 01:36 PM

Yes, I know all about dizziness and nausea, plus I get freezing cold all the time and extremely tired (and it's snowing outside all day today!!)

I thought 4 sounded like a good number too, but now going through all this nausea and exhaustion I'm wondering what I was thinking.lol.

My boys are very excited and I know they'll be a big help. I know it will be easier than going from 2 to 3, because then I had a 2 & 3 yr old and a very very fussy infant. I'm more worried about the pregnancy part than the having a small baby part...that will be fun...this is NOT. I hate when I feel so tired and miserable that I'm grumpy at my kids and have little patience. That is why I waited so long to have the 4th...

I just hope I feel better in a month or so. Hanging on till then.

#7 of 10 Old 04-29-2011, 01:43 PM

Welcome! We are expecting our 11th baby in June. I see you are in WI, we are buying a farm there, should close next week. Not holding my breath though, it has been a long process.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#8 of 10 Old 04-29-2011, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Very cool Annabelle! When are you expecting to move here? It is my dream to own a farm some day. Just a small hobby farm with lots of land and no neighbors close by :)

#9 of 10 Old 04-29-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2mmj View Post

Very cool Annabelle! When are you expecting to move here? It is my dream to own a farm some day. Just a small hobby farm with lots of land and no neighbors close by :)

It has been an absurdly long experience. We actually all vacationed in WI last May, also to see if that was the right place for us. We have been looking for a couple of years. Anyway, we were hoping to move before this baby arrived, but now it isn't going to happen being 33 weeks along now. So, we think July, although moving w/ a 1m/o along w/ 10 older children sounds less appealing, LOL.

ElizabethE likes this.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#10 of 10 Old 04-29-2011, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post

It has been an absurdly long experience. We actually all vacationed in WI last May, also to see if that was the right place for us. We have been looking for a couple of years. Anyway, we were hoping to move before this baby arrived, but now it isn't going to happen being 33 weeks along now. So, we think July, although moving w/ a 1m/o along w/ 10 older children sounds less appealing, LOL.

I don't blame you for not looking forward to moving with a newbie and 10 older children! DH wanted to move right around the time this little one is due and just the thought of it stresses me out!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page