UC-ers, where do you stand politically? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 70 Old 06-01-2011, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Catholic-- while your opinion doesn't bother me to hear, I'm afraid it could spark a (friendly) debate coming from myself and perhaps Holly, among others. Certain key topics include rape and incest victims, children who are impregnated, etc. It is definitely a very sensitive topic.

:) I would love to be able to discuss it, but am treading lightly....

treehugger.gifhippie.gifhomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
Vegetarian Spiritual wife to Joshua (HS sweetheart, together since 1999); mother of Eve (Dec 2003)  Cian (March 2009), and Sage (March 2011)! <--uc.jpg!
geek.gifMy book about what I learned from my experiences with childbirth was published April 2011. om.gif
#62 of 70 Old 06-01-2011, 10:08 AM

#63 of 70 Old 06-01-2011, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam View Post

I am a libertarian.  I want to be left alone. 

That's me totally. Very well said!

I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
#64 of 70 Old 06-01-2011, 04:57 PM

I am pretty a-political, but believe very much in social freedoms and small government. So sometimes I'm to the left, sometimes I'm to the right. As far as the pro-life/pro-choice, I am politically pro-choice and personally pro-life. I am pretty much a live and let live kind of gal.

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#65 of 70 Old 06-03-2011, 01:52 PM

I consider myself a republicrat. Officially I'm a registered republican but I do have some democrat views as well. I am 100% pro-life though, both personally and politically.

#66 of 70 Old 06-10-2011, 03:42 PM

I haven't had a UC, but only because I was not in a place where I could when I birthed my only living child. I do fully support UC though and planned to have one if I was blessed with another child. At my age ( not too far from 50) that happening would be a miracle. I'm pro life and conservative.

Regarding the political discussion and personal freedoms I saw on the news recently that an American university ranked states based on their laws and voted NY and NJ as number 1 and 2 as least free states in the nation.  

#67 of 70 Old 06-15-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

::hoping for a UC this time around::

Im an anarchist. I do vote though, as I feel like it is my duty to the women who fought for me to have the right to do so.

Holly you and I have some things in common I am noticing.....total anarchist over here too.  And I don't vote but I respect the women who wanted to/fought to/earned the right to.

#68 of 70 Old 06-15-2011, 05:07 PM

Kind of thread crashing here since I have never UC'd but I was raped and I went to the hospital for the injuries and they gave me plan B. I am pro-life but I also think Plan B is a good option. If I had gotten pregnant I would have had the baby and given it up for adoption. The way I see it at least some good could come from what happened for a special family at least...although I can totally see why a woman would want to abort after a horrific thing like that! I can't even talk about incest or impregnated children...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethE View Post

Catholic-- while your opinion doesn't bother me to hear, I'm afraid it could spark a (friendly) debate coming from myself and perhaps Holly, among others. Certain key topics include rape and incest victims, children who are impregnated, etc. It is definitely a very sensitive topic.

:) I would love to be able to discuss it, but am treading lightly....

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#69 of 70 Old 06-16-2011, 11:02 AM

i too am a libertarian and want to be left alone.  I personally could never have an abortion, even in the case of rape (and I have been raped so i think i can say that with some certainty)...however, that is merely because I've wanted children my whole life and could not stand the thought of terminating a pregnancy.  I would not want to interfere with anyone's right to choose, though I do think abortion is often irresponsibly used as birth control and it devalues the amazing sacred experience of a human incarnation.  But, on the other hand, we're terribly overpopulated and I can't imagine how much worse that would be without abortions.

#70 of 70 Old 06-16-2011, 12:37 PM

This is so true too. I literally know 3 different women who have had 3+ abortions (one had 7 actually and they told her she probably has destroyed any chance of getting pregnant now) and she's only 25...all of them were beyond age 18 and actually most of them were with the same partner...I know she was on state insurance but now they just changed it to not cover abortions anymore so hopefully people will be a little more responsible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinmyhands View Post

i too am a libertarian and want to be left alone.  I personally could never have an abortion, even in the case of rape (and I have been raped so i think i can say that with some certainty)...however, that is merely because I've wanted children my whole life and could not stand the thought of terminating a pregnancy.  I would not want to interfere with anyone's right to choose, though I do think abortion is often irresponsibly used as birth control and it devalues the amazing sacred experience of a human incarnation.  But, on the other hand, we're terribly overpopulated and I can't imagine how much worse that would be without abortions.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page