Second try for a UC, this time a UBAC- any UBAC mamas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-25-2011, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I will be trying for a UC again this year (still a loooong ways off!), my last attempt ended with a healthy baby boy, but via CS. I am hoping not to have the same issue twice, and my OB that did my surgery said I could VBAC next time.

Well, it's next time! I would love a UBAC. Anyone here done this? I have read this board for awhile, but I usually I lurk :-) so I known there are UBAC mamas on here! is there anything you would have liked to known then, that you know now?

More later, THANKS
#2 of 7 Old 05-26-2011, 02:09 PM

For my last birth, it was a UBAC, but it was also my forth VBAC. My second VBAC was a HBAC with a midwife. I am planning on another UC this December.

#3 of 7 Old 05-26-2011, 10:31 PM

I'm a lurker too:) I have had three vbacs with the last two being unassisted. I am 22 weeks pregnant and this one will be unassisted as well. All I can really suggest is to read as much as possible. I have faith that God is in control no matter the outcome. It gives me peace with my decisions.  I love the book Childbirth Without Fear by Grantly Dick-Read. I'm actually going to check it out from the library again. It's a great book. I've also read some midwifery books. Lara Shanley has alot of great info.  Another thing I did with my first ubac was red raspberry leaf tea. I buy mine from the Bulk Herb Store online. It's called mama's brew. With my second ubac I did not drink the tea and could tell the difference with my uterus before, during and after the birth.  I will definately be drinking this soon. Congrats!!    

#4 of 7 Old 06-15-2011, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! great to hear about your awesome births. I will have to try that tea. last time I knew nothing about birth, just knew I didn't want to go to the hospital, KWIM? Knowledge is power!
#5 of 7 Old 06-16-2011, 11:54 AM

my first vbac was an UC. my biggest issues were the worries about having a repeat of the problems that caused the c/s the first time. when those problems didn't happen, it was a big relief. also i felt a lot better once i started pushing, simply because i knew that i had gotten past the point i had the c/s in my first labor.

we were big on educating ourselves as much as possible. i think "heart and hands" is a great resource if you want that kind of in depth info. and i like ina may gaskin's books too, because they really make you feel like you can birth (and you can!)

it was a great birth, all told. really believing in my body's ability to give birth gave me what i needed to make it through the low points!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#6 of 7 Old 06-17-2011, 12:30 AM

I've had 2 UBAC's & I'm planning a 3rd. My oldest son was born by cesarean due to ridiculous hospital time limits after my water broke. My 2nd was a land UBAC. My labour didn't start until nearly 90 hours after my water broke & it took another 20 hours for him to be born. My 3rd was a water birth that took less than 5 hours after it started (still took about 14 hours for my labour to start after my water broke, though).

I'm not sure whether I'm going to go for water birth again or not. I'm considering a completely solo birth & if it goes as fast as the last one (or as fast as my friend's recent 3rd birth which was a 1 hour labour/unplanned UC) I wouldn't have time to set up a pool.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#7 of 7 Old 07-07-2011, 11:43 PM

I am a UBA2C Mama!! You can do it!

Katie - Mama to E1 (7, c/s), E2 (5, c/s), E3 (3, VBA2C), E4 (1, UC)
...expecting another princess in March/April

Questions about VBAC? PM me!

ICAN Chapter Leader

cd.gif ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gif uc.jpg hbac.gif h20homebirth.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page