Were you able to get a health care provider to sign your maternity and/or family leave paperwork? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-01-2011, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,
I am due January 2012 with my third. My first was a hospital birth, the 2nd was born at home with a midwife. I am considering an UC.  My question is for those of you who work out of the home.
How do you get a health care provider to sign your maternity and/or family leave paperwork if they did not attend the birth?
I have a midwife I'm considering using for prenatal/postnatal check-ups for this very reason. Wondering if others have done the same or have other solutions.  I'm in CA by the way. Thanks! : )
Mel.
#2 of 5 Old 06-01-2011, 10:07 AM

Hey Mel!

I took my newborn in to the pediatrician when he was a few days old. He was more than happy to do the FMLA paperwoork for us.

During the pregnancy we had midwives during most of it. They did FMLA paperwork for us then.

Hope that helps!

treehugger.gifhippie.gifhomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
Vegetarian Spiritual wife to Joshua (HS sweetheart, together since 1999); mother of Eve (Dec 2003)  Cian (March 2009), and Sage (March 2011)! <--uc.jpg!
geek.gifMy book about what I learned from my experiences with childbirth was published April 2011. om.gif
#3 of 5 Old 06-09-2011, 10:23 AM

You can also go to a Planned Parenthood for a check up, they can do it for you. I had shadow care, so my doc did my paperwork. Mine was due before the birth, btw, and it was also CA.
#4 of 5 Old 06-09-2011, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks  : )

We have a whole new set of things to consider now.

We have TWINS coming : )

#5 of 5 Old 06-09-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahappymel View Post

Thanks  : )

We have a whole new set of things to consider now.

We have TWINS coming : )

Congrats! and I was going to add that you could probably get your chiropractor to do it.

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page