Were you able to get a health care provider to sign your maternity and/or family leave paperwork? - Mothering Forums
Unassisted Childbirth > Were you able to get a health care provider to sign your maternity and/or family leave paperwork?
Ahappymel's Avatar Ahappymel 10:05 AM 06-01-2011
Hello,
I am due January 2012 with my third. My first was a hospital birth, the 2nd was born at home with a midwife. I am considering an UC.  My question is for those of you who work out of the home.
How do you get a health care provider to sign your maternity and/or family leave paperwork if they did not attend the birth?
I have a midwife I'm considering using for prenatal/postnatal check-ups for this very reason. Wondering if others have done the same or have other solutions.  I'm in CA by the way. Thanks! : )
Mel.

ElizabethE's Avatar ElizabethE 11:07 AM 06-01-2011

Hey Mel!

I took my newborn in to the pediatrician when he was a few days old. He was more than happy to do the FMLA paperwoork for us.

During the pregnancy we had midwives during most of it. They did FMLA paperwork for us then.

Hope that helps!

newsolarmomma2's Avatar newsolarmomma2 11:23 AM 06-09-2011
You can also go to a Planned Parenthood for a check up, they can do it for you. I had shadow care, so my doc did my paperwork. Mine was due before the birth, btw, and it was also CA.
Ahappymel's Avatar Ahappymel 12:16 PM 06-09-2011

Thanks  : )

We have a whole new set of things to consider now.

We have TWINS coming : )

mammamo's Avatar mammamo 01:13 PM 06-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahappymel View Post

Thanks  : )

We have a whole new set of things to consider now.

We have TWINS coming : )

Congrats! and I was going to add that you could probably get your chiropractor to do it.

Up