3rd trimester woes? At night?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-12-2011, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This isn't my first rodeo or anything but I do not remember this from my previous pregnancies,  wondering if anyone else has experienced this!  I feel fine during the day, emotionally, physically, just in general.  Once evening hits it's a totally different story.  I start feeling sick  to my stomach, and my emotions are all over the place.  To the point I feel uneasy about the birth and just a general nervousness (not just about the birth just all over nervousness).  I can't stand the feeling and I don't know why it's happening,  it's just at night,  by the time morning rolls around I feel back to normal, anyone have any input?  I'm just over 36 weeks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2011, 08:10 PM

deleted

Old 08-13-2011, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter

Glad I'm not the only one :)  It's SO strange, though.  After last nights bout with whatever it is I've been able to narrow it down even more,  it's like it starts around 6ish and is over and done by 10.  It's really weird.  Around 9:30 the last two nights I've talked to my husband about it, by 10, feeling totally better.  I really think it's something hormonal/chemical happening at that time, too.  It's this totally irrational feeling, just general unrest.  Guess we'll see if it happens again tonight!  I sure am glad it doesn't last long, though.  I can't imagine feeling like that all the time!

Old 08-13-2011, 11:59 AM

When I read your post, I immediately thought about a chart that my naturopath kept in her office. It is a Chinese medicine chart similar to this one: http://www.astrodreamadvisor.com/Qi-Cycle.html. I was having some issue that kept popping up at a very specific time of day, and we were able to figure it out and treat it using the chart as a guide. If you have an acupuncturist, it would definitely be worth discussing with her/him. Here is another link that discusses these principles in an easy to understand way: http://www.saywhydoi.com/the-chinese-body-clock-why-do-i-feel-differently-at-different-hours-of-the-day/. (This chart specifically is very interesting as to what it has to say about that specific time period.) If you do not have an acupuncturist, meditation or visualization of the energy or chi moving through that specific area of your body would be worth trying. I think that is essentially what you are doing (trying to move that stuck energy) by talking with your husband, so if that is working for you, keep talking! 

HTH!

Old 08-18-2011, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I go into insane land every night in the last month. :( Not fearful of the birth, but just overanalyzing everything, thinking of labor too much, crying that I'm not in labor and still pregnant.. Ahh, those last 3-4 weeks are not fun for me. And it's only at night. I haven't found a way to overcome it yet, and I don't want the end of this pregnancy to be like that. *Hugs* You aren't alone. I'll be watching this thread.

Single Mama to five 6 and under!
Old 08-20-2011, 07:34 AM

Do you have any fear of laboring through the night? I'm 12 weeks w/my 3rd, but I remember feeling the same way at night at the end of my 2nd pregnancy. I was very restless and anxious late at night. I think, personally, I was afraid that I would go into labor at night and be exhausted during labor/delivery. Turns out, I went into labor at 1am and delivered at 8am. I believe we are sent these signs of how our experiences will be, sometimes it's a dream, sometimes it's just a feeling, sometimes it's a feeling of calm about a certain thing. While I'm only 12 weeks, I've had a dream of my birth, I have a feeling it will be in the early morning hours, and I get very calm when there is a thunder storm. The hardest thing to do at the end of your pregnancy is work through your fears (whether rational or not) to bring peace to your delivery. Hope you're able to figure it out soon! :)

Old 08-26-2011, 07:18 PM

I have been feeling the same thing at the same time! I am 31 weeks. It's only at night and my anxiety acts up really bad when normally I'm fine. Not to mention this whole pregnancy I haven't had one single worry, lol. I have also been having nightmares only about things I fear! Spiders, heights, the bad guy from Lovely Bones, haha. When I've been dreaming about flowers, rainbows and sunshine this whole time, lol. Very strange. Glad to see I'm not alone. I wonder if it's because the day is finally settling down so you have more time to sit and think, therefore worry...

User Tag List