confused! 48cm fundal height. smiley 5cm cervix. posterior baby w/ warm-up labor - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-20-2011, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm 38weeks and I have been having false labor for at least a week. It gets worse every few days. I check my cervix every few days and its always been in this shape that's like an oval or crescent. Its like a 5cm diameter circle squished into that shape. The baby has dropped and my cervix has been moving away from posterior. I can't find anything online about this, they always talk about donut shaped cervixes

I've been measuring my fundal height at home about once a month and the measurements were always what they were supposed to be.  I last measured at 33 weeks and was 33cm. About a week ago I measured and I'm getting numbers in the high 40's. I had an ultrasound at 20 weeks and 30 weeks and there is only one baby and I was measuring slightly ahead on the last ultrasound (I don't' remember by how much)

I think I'll make an appt with OB on Monday. I haven't been in since early July. I HATE that place and last time I came out in tears vowing to never go again. I'm not sure what is going on and maybe they can clear it up for me???

#2 of 6 Old 08-22-2011, 01:30 PM

You could have a lot of amniotic fluid.

I measured exactly 10 cm ahead in the last trimester with my twins. :)

#3 of 6 Old 08-23-2011, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

i had an u/s at 20 and 30 weeks and i'm past  the week that twins come by

I figured out the cervix problem. I was feeling between my cervix and vagina and not my cervix opening. My cervix has come forward and now I[m feeling my cervix (wasn't when I made my original post)

as for the fundal height I'm telling myself its a combination of it being a big baby, baby being posterior and my measurements could be off. 

I have an OB appt thursday that I plan on keeping so far

On a side note my husband may need gallbladder surgery. he's in urgent care right now. How does UC work when your alone taking care of a very active preschooler and toddler??? Hopefully they'll either be asleep through the entire ordeal or the TV can baby sit them? 

My mom is sleeping by her phone until DH is able-bodied again and my back up plan is for her to watch kids and I'll have to drive myself to hospital or call someone

#4 of 6 Old 08-23-2011, 03:40 PM

Not that this helps but twins can an do gestate as long as singletons. I know a few twin moms that went to 41+ weeks.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#5 of 6 Old 08-23-2011, 06:24 PM

Heck, even with my husband fully by my side and not recovering from surgery, you better believe that the kids will be down stairs in the playroom watching TV and/or playing with their toys while I am in labor. So, ya, thumbs up for TV! Add to that, snacks they enjoy, and you should be able to keep them happy. :) You may get lucky and labor/give birth in the middle of the night and the kids won't be a concern. That is what I pray for. :)   

#6 of 6 Old 08-24-2011, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

deleted

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page