3yo dd present at UC? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-02-2011, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am considering a UC. I would have my DH and 3yo DD at home with me. can someone talk to me about where she would be during labor? Do you all have another person around for the older kids? I have no idea how she will respond to my laboring/blood/ect. She didnt like it much with our goats....

thoughts?

familybed2.gif mama to dd energy.gifborn 8/08 and dd fly-by-nursing2.gif born 4/12 uc.jpg and one crazy dog2.gif oh and one loving dh dh_malesling.GIF

#2 of 3 Old 09-02-2011, 01:45 PM

Well, what is she normally up to during the day? Can dad just take the lead on letting her pop back and forth between the labor and her normal activities as she wishes? Do you have any friends or family that would be willing to take her for that time period, or that you would be comfortable with in your home caring for her?

My dd is 10 now, but has been obsessed with where babies come from and human biology since she was a toddler. She says she wants to be my doula for any future births. =D I was preg earlier this year and had explained that dh was basically going to by my midwife. Ds has suggested he can help with preparing for the birth, making meals, baby care, etc (basically he's more than happy to do anything that doesn't involve the actual birth, if we will kindly exempt him from the more intimate stuff...but, really, he's witnessed a couple births now and is really into them so in the moment he's going to change his mind. lol) Maybe talk to your dd about what she can do to help? If she feels like she's helping bring her little brother or sister into the world, she may be more into it?

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

#3 of 3 Old 09-02-2011, 11:54 PM

I've had a 3 yr old at a birth twice now (they were both closer to 4 at the time). With ds1, he slept for part of it & played video games/watched tv or took pictures/watched for the rest. It didn't really seem to bother him, but I was pretty quiet for most of that labour.  With ds2, he had ds1 & dh to explain things too him. He did get a bit upset when I was having a rough time during transition, but he was thrilled to see the baby be born and both of them are determined to be there this time around.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page