first time mom looking for support and advice - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-23-2011, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am 19 and of thick Lakota blood, and Christian. Having my child in a hospital is NOT an option for me. I have decided that my body and instinct will know whats best. I cant seem to find any women who had complications with their home births. are there any out there who could help by sharing their experiences with me? 

#2 of 5 Old 09-27-2011, 09:04 PM

Look up birth stories on the Internet (including on here), you will find some stories where mothers had to transfer to the hospital, and you will find stories where there were complications, but they were handled at home (even with UC's, I have read a story where a husband helped deliver a baby with shoulder dystocia).

Here are some websites you might find helpful:

http://www.birthdiaries.com/diary/

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/birthstories/index.php

http://www.unassistedchildbirth.com/ucstories/

Not birth stories, but by far one of the best UC websites available:
http://www.unhinderedliving.com/childbirth.html

Also check out documentaries (I watched them on Netflix) such as The Business of Being Born and Pregnant in America. :)

#3 of 5 Old 09-28-2011, 05:46 PM

Our third was born UC, delivered right into his dad's hands...it was perfect :)  Our other 4 were midwife assisted (simply because I didn't get the mental 'ok' to do UC with them, if that makes any sense) 

I read a lot of UC stories, read Laura Shanley's book 'Unassisted Childbirth'  (she has a website, too) I read a lot, we talked openly about concerns, we educated ourselves and knew our boundaries as far as what we felt was safe for us...and stuck with those things. Education was key for us!

We'd like to have a sixth child and we would both love to have another UC.

Wife, mom to 6 great kids!...avid crafter, music lover,  reader, gardener!

homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif homebirth.jpg

#4 of 5 Old 09-28-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazey Haze View Post

I cant seem to find any women who had complications with their home births. are there any out there who could help by sharing their experiences with me? 

Googling "homebirth injury" will bring up some examples if that's what you're looking for. Although obviously this will be instances where the complications did not end well; I'm not sure if you want 'worse case scenarios', or instances where complications were dealt with at home without any problems.
#5 of 5 Old 09-30-2011, 10:40 AM

just posted my uc story, hope it is encouraging to you.

2 Perfect  uc.jpg births!.    h20homebirth.gif.signcirc1.gifsaynovax.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
3 babes in heaven angel.gif, 3 boys on earth. Planning UC #3 !!! Jesus is my Lord praying.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page