considering a UC after non-emergency c-section 20 months ago... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-07-2011, 05:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm on the fence. I'm in Canada, my midwife is about 1 hour 15 away and I have to go to her. What we had planned so far was a hotel birth. there is a nice big level three hospital there...here where I am there is a very small hospital 5 minsor less away from my house. Apparently they don't do c-sections or much emergency stuff, though they do deliver babies. It's very country. I met a doula who caught her client's baby because doc was downstairs with a motorcycle accident or something. There is a medium sized hospital women get transferred tofrom ours about 1/2 hour-40 mins from us... I'm currently getting prenatal care from my midwives, but have had huge several month logn gaps in my care this pregnancy and didn't feel worried at all...

I'm not feeling super enthusiastic about traveling during labour. I only just met my midwife, she seems ok, but I got a huge pile of brochures and forms with very negative slants on vbac and homebirth...on the west coast these same types of brochures were somuch more friendly.Also, we tranferred last time to hospital because our midwife "wasn't comfortable" I do regret that.

I can just *see* myself having this baby easily at home, that the lessI fiddle around with it all, the easier it'll be. I had strong strong instincts with my daughter and the onyl time things went awry was when i didn't listen to them. A lotfo what happened was due to interventions and following bad advice...then after my daughter's birth she was exposed to SO many inetrventions, all based on silly things and contaminated tests etc. It was extremely traumatic. We would have avoided all this if we had stayed home.

But the experience has put fear inme. How did you come you your decision? anyone a Uc VBACer?

crochetsmilie.gif       placenta.gif encapsulated my placenta!   toddler.gif        blogging.jpg          lactivist.gif       familybed1.gif    pos.gif Jan 2012 and planning a hbac.gif!!
#2 of 4 Old 10-12-2011, 08:19 AM

Hi DoulaWoman

I miss you and I hope you can find exactly what you are looking for for this beautiful baby <3 I know that your body can do it and that you will have exactly the birth experience your baby desires <3 Did you check out the Hypnobabies VBAC track?

I LOVE YOU! Phone call soon :)

#3 of 4 Old 10-12-2011, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Hi! I was caught off guard, thought you had another name before?

didn't check the vbac hynobabies yet but I will, but I did order  "sacred birthing" on amazon, as well as a children's book on homebirth...I think whether dd1 can be there will depend on my level of calm.... thanks for responding, this forum seems a bit quiet these days!

I see myself here more than I do the hour away...going to also look into that mw that might *stop by*

crochetsmilie.gif       placenta.gif encapsulated my placenta!   toddler.gif        blogging.jpg          lactivist.gif       familybed1.gif    pos.gif Jan 2012 and planning a hbac.gif!!
#4 of 4 Old 10-12-2011, 05:37 PM

I'm having an UC this time. It will be my second VBA2C. My first two births were cesareans, one for breech and one for pre-eclampsia. My last birth was attended by a very hands off independent midwife. I'm almost 38 weeks with my fourth baby and I'm excited about going unassisted. Good luck with your decision:)

Jenny

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page