Has anyone else noticed? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 10-11-2011, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Threads from this board (I'm sure others too) are being posted on pro-hospital sites/blogs.

I'm sure I'm not the only one uncomfortable with this.. Is there anything we can do to make it more private? headscratch.gif

Sorry if this doesn't really fit, but it concerns this forum specifically.

ETA: I understand some level of privacy is lost simply from posting ANYTHING on the Internet, but I'm not posting my thoughts here to be sucked up by people who have such disrespect. :/

, birth-working wife to   (06/2010).
TTC #1 since 2010. Dx PCOS, July 2014. Currently in testing.
, July 2012. Waiting for our  sometime very soon.
#2 of 18 Old 10-12-2011, 03:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i don't know because i'm new and this is the only forum i go to. could this partly be why there is scarce activity though? the mom that directed me here said it was very active but i'm not getting that. still loads of past useful information to dig through though and i am here every day :)

#3 of 18 Old 10-12-2011, 06:46 AM

Its not just this board, but even the DDC's that are used for material, so I'm not sure how you could make all those more private. You'd have to make the whole site private! It does seem pretty strange though. Definitely something to keep in mind when posting information/stories, however.

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#4 of 18 Old 10-12-2011, 09:48 AM

I wondered why it was so quiet.  It used to be non-stop busy here.

dizzy.gif DS1: 10/89 - DD1: 06/94 - DD2: 02/97 - DS2: 12/05 - DS3: 12/08 - DC6: ETA 04/26/12

I'll be 42 when the newest little one is born! Yowza!

#5 of 18 Old 10-13-2011, 02:47 PM

where else do UCing mamas go to hang?

#6 of 18 Old 10-13-2011, 03:57 PM

How sad that people are using things we say in that way. Childish and mean.

#7 of 18 Old 10-15-2011, 07:29 AM

Not a UC mom, I just like to read because I am in AWE of you awesome mamas, but you could put a disclaimer at the bottom of your post that says something to the effect that" Posts byt this user are copyrighted information, and may not be used with out the permission of the poster"

#8 of 18 Old 10-15-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess3_2005 View Post

Not a UC mom, I just like to read because I am in AWE of you awesome mamas, but you could put a disclaimer at the bottom of your post that says something to the effect that" Posts byt this user are copyrighted information, and may not be used with out the permission of the poster"

That can't be enforced in any way. Are the internet police going to arrest them if they do it anyway?

#9 of 18 Old 10-19-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamablitz View Post

This sounds fishy. irked.gif

chicken3.gif    happy homesteading-homebirthing-homeschooling-student midwife-mama to a small handful of little ones and joyful wife to my artist man.

#10 of 18 Old 10-20-2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamablitz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyme Mama View Post

This sounds fishy. irked.gif

Right?.....

#11 of 18 Old 10-20-2011, 06:44 AM

Eh, I haven't seen any of the sites/blogs.  I don't know the context that they are being used.  But I am here to say, loud and clear for all the world to see, that MY CHOICE IS VALID AND LEGAL.  The childbirth-as-medical paradigm does not apply to me.  I believe that childbirth is normal.  That I don't require monitoring of my pregnancy and birth.  That I don't require anyone's permission to make decisions about my pregnancy and birth.  That NO ONE can control an outcome of childbirth.  That I know my body best and I am the only person who can make a decision about what is best for the birth of my baby. 

Wanna take that and post it somewhere and tear it down?  Be my guest.  No matter what anyone else thinks about it, it is my truth.  I'm not scared for anyone to know it.

Krystal323, Prensa and wombjuice like this.
#12 of 18 Old 10-20-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogi View Post

Eh, I haven't seen any of the sites/blogs.  I don't know the context that they are being used.  But I am here to say, loud and clear for all the world to see, that MY CHOICE IS VALID AND LEGAL.  The childbirth-as-medical paradigm does not apply to me.  I believe that childbirth is normal.  That I don't require monitoring of my pregnancy and birth.  That I don't require anyone's permission to make decisions about my pregnancy and birth.  That NO ONE can control an outcome of childbirth.  That I know my body best and I am the only person who can make a decision about what is best for the birth of my baby. 

Wanna take that and post it somewhere and tear it down?  Be my guest.  No matter what anyone else thinks about it, it is my truth.  I'm not scared for anyone to know it.

I get where you're coming from but I don't feel the same way.  Recently, this blog took a emergency c/s, NICU story (from MDC's October DDC) and posted all about how mom's feelings were wrong and there are pages of commentary after it.  I would be sick if it happened to me.  I really do get that the internet is public but it still feels like a huge violation.  Not to mention the fact that it's so heartless and the mom hasn't any way to defend herself.  The blogger also uses the baby's name and everything.

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
#13 of 18 Old 10-20-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngfrankenstein View Post

I get where you're coming from but I don't feel the same way.  Recently, this blog took a emergency c/s, NICU story (from MDC's October DDC) and posted all about how mom's feelings were wrong and there are pages of commentary after it.  I would be sick if it happened to me.  I really do get that the internet is public but it still feels like a huge violation.  Not to mention the fact that it's so heartless and the mom hasn't any way to defend herself.  The blogger also uses the baby's name and everything.

That's really a terrible violation on the blogger's part.  I haven't seen it of course, so I don't know the whole story (as it has been recounted by the blogger, who wasn't there and can't possibly know the whole truth of what went on).  People who profit (even if just emotionally/in popularity) off of other people's pain and suffering are bottom feeders.  But what is the solution?  Should we not use online forums anymore?

#14 of 18 Old 10-20-2011, 07:04 AM

I understand.  I can post the link if you like.  She was blogging based on mama's birth story in her DDC.

I really value fora and I stand by what I say so I feel you about not being ashamed, this one/person is just so icky to me.

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
#15 of 18 Old 10-20-2011, 07:32 AM

I agree, very icky.  I'm not interested in reading the blog.  I don't want to increase traffic to her site.  It's kinda like a crash ... the fewer people ogling, the smaller her (assuming it's female, which may actually be totally false) audience and impact. 

And part of me wonders if bloggers like this (others, if not this particular blogger) are sock puppets.

#16 of 18 Old 10-24-2011, 05:02 PM

Not a UC mama here but two years ago the MDC pregnancy/birth loss board faced the same thing. A childfree community was linking to and pasting stories of  childloss and outright making fun of it. I've also seen posts from all areas of MDC being ripped off and pasted on all sorts of other sites. It used to be that there was a website that you could put in your username and up would pop all your comments all over the web.

Not much anyone but MDC can do about it and, at least with the issues of the childfree community, MDC chose to do nothing. irked.gif

Cindy, joyful SAH mama to rainbow1284.gif William & Katherinefly-by-nursing2.gif Forever missing Amelia 7-12-09 angel3.gif  signcirc1.gifsaynovax.giflactivist.gif Ask me about my natural cesarean! 

#17 of 18 Old 10-24-2011, 10:57 PM

Ugh! Cindy, that is just disgusting and foul! Who makes fun of dead babies and actually has a soul? irked.gif

#18 of 18 Old 10-25-2011, 10:36 PM

I understand the desire for privacy. I really do. But anything posted on the internet is fair game. Does it suck? Yes. Especially in the case of sad stories. But that's one of the hazards of posting online. If you don't want your posts quoted elsewhere, then don't post them to begin with. That's the only way to prevent it from happening. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page