So hapy to be here! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-11-2011, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello lovelies!

I am new to the UC section, I used to be on MDC a couple years ago as I had a traumatic birth with my first and because of that, he never slept, so i essentially lived in the Night time parenting thread as a zombie :) I cant remember my username as i have a new computer and hevent been on here in sooo long, so I've created a new one. Since my traumatic birth, I had a beautiful HBAC with midwives, healed much of my life even beyond birth trauma, and have become a doula to help other women in their beautiful time of unfolding. I didnt intend to do that, it was the natural flow from birth trauma, to healing, to wanting to help other women by giving them resources, to having them ask me to attend their hospital births to protect their birth space, to attending beautiful amazing UC births. Now I am 6 weeks pregnant and will be doing my own prenatal care, which I pretty much did last time as my midwives were sooooo far away ( i live in a rural are with no midwives). My daughter had some major health issues that spontaneously resolved on their own (she would stop breathing for no reason, like mini seizures), so we bought a heart monitor for her, which happens to do blood pressure, so I am really set up this time! I am feeling very satisfied in my soul about his pregnancy and upcoming birth, and welcome the beautiful openings it may bring.

Is anyone else due around the same time? My due date is June 6th <3

Are there any Sacred Birthing lovers here? I absolutely loved the book soooo much!

Does anyone have any UC info for twins? I had a dream four months ago that I would be having twins under Gemini, at least one is a girl, and I keep seeing the names Isabel and Isis... Im already super big but its baby #3!

Love and Light

#2 of 2 Old 10-15-2011, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am due with #3 a month before you are, and I UC'd my first babies - twin girls.

I don't really have any specific info, but I was adamant about getting prenatal care with them since they were my first and it helped me to assess my own pregnancy.  You don't want to risk giving birth unassisted if your twins (if you are indeed having twins) are monoamniotic (this can only be diagnosed with ultrasound).  My twins in particular were indeed indentical, but they were mono/di twins, so they were diamniotic.

You also want to make sure that your twins don't end up transverse.  Most twins are born vertex/vertex or vertex/breech, but with two babies there is, of course, a higher chance they could be malpresented, and a higher chance that they won't have room to turn.

There is also a -slightly- higher risk involved when giving birth to twins vs. a singleton, but it's only like a 2% or less difference.  You have a slightly higher chance of PP hemorrhage, and if the twins are identical, there is the chance that the placenta may separate before the second twin is born (my second twin was born with the cord not pulsating, the placenta followed soon after...my body just automatically made me do what was necessary to get that baby out fast).   It certainly didn't stop me.  I had a completely uncomplicated pregnancy and I knew my birth would be no different, and it was actually better than expected.  If you are interested in reading my birth story I'm sure it's floating around here somewhere. :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page