Corpus Luteum Cyst? Any advice? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-12-2011, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I posted earlier about some cramping and (very) light brown spotting that started last Thursday. I should now be roughly 8 weeks, 4 days and the cramping is still continuing although I'm now feeling a 'stinging' type sensation (for lack of a better description) in my the area of my left ovary. 

From what I've been reading, this sounds as though it could be a Corpus Luteum Cyst and could very well be the cause of all my cramping and even the spotting. Once I began feeling the sensation in what I assume is my ovary area, the cramping picked up in severity, and now I'm a bit concerned about the possibility of a rupture. Is there any way to prevent this naturally? Any advice? 

I did have a cyst rupture while pregnant with my son...and it was by far the most painful experience I've had to date, so if there's any way to naturally avoid that result, I'd appreciate the advice. 

Just to note, I would prefer to deal with this at home if at all possible. 

partners.gif DP and I since 2007, superhero.gifDS born late 2008,

belly.gif Excitedly expecting #2 mid-October 2012!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2011, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Castor oil on a HOT compress, like boil a cloth, put a couple of TBSP of Castor oil on it, apply to painful area, cover with plastic (to keep moisture & heat in) then top off with heating pad, hot water bottle, rice bag ect...Along with Ibuprofen got me through a similar issue and resolved within a few hours.

Glad you were able to narrow it down!

User Tag List