Hi Ladies! I am 28 weeks with my 4th babe. My first two were hospital (unmedicated) births, my third a homebirth with a midwife, and while I began care with midwife at 15 weeks, I'm feeling a need to continue on with prenatal care and birth on my own. I have developed a sort of friendship with my midwife, but I know her thoughts on unassisted childbirth and she is strongly opposed. How do I go about discontinuing care without conflict with her? I do have a couple of "in a pickle" issues:
1) I have paid her just short of 3/4 of her fee already, how do I ask for a portion of that back?
2) I will be working with her in the beginning of January with a client I have (I'm a birth doula). I know, professionalism will definitely prioritize to personal discomfort of working with her so close to my own due date, but still, you know?
3) I won't be able to tell her who I am transferring care to (since it will be myself) and that will cause issues with her.
Some side notes for consideration:
1) We do not have a contract.
2) She has pulled a no-call/no-show to three prenatal visits. Two of those times she simply "forgot". (She was fanastic about appts with my last pregnancy/birth and have no idea why she would be just forgetting now.)
Did anyone else discontinue care later on in pregnancy with a homebirth midwife?
Good luck with your pregnancy!!
Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 , DD 07/09 , and DS2 06/11 . Feeling more and more blessed with each day!
Glad that went smoothly!! It is so frustrating trying to maintain relationships with professionals while planning a UC. I'm still considering if I want to have a real prenatal appointment with my midwives this time around. so far I went in to get bloodwork done cause I was concerned about my iron levels, which turned out to be fine, but I'm hesitent to get officially on the books with them because I don't want check-ups or routine tests, I just want back-up care & an established relationship incase something comes up... But I think if I go in they'll insist i have some kind of standard care (6weeks between appts is the best i expect them to offer)
Lia Joy Rundle CLD Self Directed Woman Self Directed Childbirth
Womanhood is not a destination. It is an archaeological dig.
|50 members and 12,782 guests|
|agentofchaos , anisaer , bananabee , beedub , BirthFree , bluejanuary , captain optimism , cfaokunla , Deborah , ELTAZ , emmy526 , girlspn , happy-mama , head4thehills , hillymum , hopeful31 , irishchook , Iron Princess , Janeen0225 , Jessica765 , lalalovely , LibraSun , lilmissgiggles , MarzipanLady , MeanVeggie , Michele123 , Mirzam , moominmamma , MountainMamaGC , mumto1 , NaturallyKait , Nazsmum , redsally , RollerCoasterMama , samaxtics , shantimama , Socks , SweetSilver , tedythegr8 , transpecos , transylvania_mom , waywornwanderer , worthy|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 01:21 PM.|