* - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 406 Old 03-02-2012, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Also the B&B story was described to me as Satanic.  And yes the Beast as Evil.  I grew up in the church, I don't care for Disney and only because I was raised to think they have Occult ties.  And even if they don't it still makes me uncomfortable.  I don't like labeling things based on religions reasons as I've found religious reasons are generally there only to benefit everyone but me.  But I get why you think that.  Not going to argue over it though.

#362 of 406 Old 03-04-2012, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkarin View Post

Imakcerka, I have been thinking about what you said and while I believe it to be partially true, I do not believe it reflects the whole picture. You are forgetting the buying and selling of goods. Now, you can not get a bank account nor a credit card very easily without a SSN (i have heard there are ways, but I can't verify the validity of this). Also, you can not sell goods without a SSN (unless under the table) as you need a SSN to get your business a Tax ID(can you form a business without a tax ID, i wonder). In all honesty, the SSN does cover that parameter...to a degree. It also covers both rich and poor, which also receive the mark. As I mentioned to coffeegirl, this only covers one aspect of being a beast. As you said, not only would one have the mark externally, they would also bear the mark internally.

Take for instance Beauty and the Beast story. The prince was spoiled, selfish, unkind...a beast within. That was until he was cursed and his 'beautiful' outter appearance was replaced with his true beastly nature. While a story of fiction there is lots of subtext. How many people in the US alone might be spoiled, selfish, and unkind? I would say the youth are becoming more beastly with each generation, a truly sad thing to behold. A product, in my opinion, of trying to make everything equal...for us vassels. Teaching everyone at the pace of one slow individual...hampering some very talented adults to be. Vaccinating all, leaving some (maybe more then we know), damaged. Encouraging loyalty to the state while at the same time the family unit is under an attack. Ever ask yourself why so many movies, like Harry Potter, stars an orphan as the main character? Even worse, removing religion from schools, to ensure tolerance at the expense of leaving a void for the children to fill; spiritually empty.

Without spirituality, what do you have left? The animal, the beast (werewolf), the vampire, the zombie, the material makeup of our physical bodies. At least with the werewolf metaphor, the person has some life...not the walking dead. They may have some spirituality inside, but they allow their animal side to rule them too much. This is the nature of what I am saying and the SSN marks these people as the beasts they are. The silver lining is, we do not have to remain a beast, walking dead, etc.. There is a way back to the light and it begins with one's personal choice to control their animalistic nature (that doesn't mean you can not enjoy physical experiences) and pursue some sort of spirituality. The symbol representing this is Yin/Yang. We must accept we are both light and dark, learning to balance those forces inside. If everyone could do this, government would go back to they way it use to be, servant of the people instead of functioning as the father figure of it's citizens. We all could live as Narnians, free but still united during times of crises. Yes they did answer to a King, at times, but for the most part they were allowed to live without the need of the Kings permission. They knew the law as set down by Aslan, and managed their own affairs accordingly.

I am trying to understand, but I'm still unclear as to how having a SSN makes a person like a beast. What are the connections there?

caffix.gif
#363 of 406 Old 03-04-2012, 08:34 AM

Wait are you referencing the Chronicles of Narnia?  You know those are fictional right?

#364 of 406 Old 03-04-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeegirl View Post

I am trying to understand, but I'm still unclear as to how having a SSN makes a person like a beast. What are the connections there?

SSN doesn't make you a beast, it marks you as a beast. As a farmer numbering it's animal is no different then a government numbering it's citizens. There are however people that do become beastly as they abuse the services provided to those with SSN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

Wait are you referencing the Chronicles of Narnia?  You know those are fictional right?

I used both Beauty and the Beast as well as the Chronicles of Narnia for imagery. I will say this, “Artists use lies to tell the truth while politicians use them to cover the truth up.” ~ V for Vendetta. Just as in B&B Narnia stories have subtext.

#365 of 406 Old 03-04-2012, 01:57 PM

Akkarin I realize that you may find tidbits in movies that can explain your ideas in ways you think others might understand... But those are just movies.  And while some of them harbor social commentary and ideas of what may be, again they're just movies.

#366 of 406 Old 03-04-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:

Akkarin I realize that you may find tidbits in movies that can explain your ideas in ways you think others might understand... But those are just movies.  And while some of them harbor social commentary and ideas of what may be, again they're just movies.

Actually Chronicles of Narnia (c. 1949-1954) is 7 books and Beauty & the Beast (c. 1740) is a fairy Tale, neither of which are just books.

If you think all art is just art, then pray, do tell me how the pilot episode of a show contained the following:

"This FOX TV show, which was finished in April of 2000 but was not BROADCAST until March 2001, depicted a US GOVERNMENT PLOT to hijack a Boeing jetliner, fly it by remote control, and
CRASH IT INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER.
" ~ http://www.u-r-next.com/6months.html

The show is called The Lone Gunman and I have this episode, you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRtqQLMAZek

#367 of 406 Old 03-04-2012, 07:22 PM

Simmer down sister.  I've watched it.  And did you know the CIA had information about all this Years in advance? DOOM DOOM DOOM!  Yup they did.

AbbyGrant likes this.
#368 of 406 Old 03-05-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:

Simmer down sister.  I've watched it.  And did you know the CIA had information about all this Years in advance? DOOM DOOM DOOM!  Yup they did.

Sorry about the size of the text, i tried to reduce it. It was a quote from the site I referenced.

It doesn't surprise me that the CIA knew about it; most likely someone told someone whom told someone who told the writers of The Lone Gunman who decided it would fit nicely for this show.

My point is still that all art contains elements of truth, taken from the artists environment. One should not simply dismiss something simply because it's a work of fiction just as you can't necessarily accept a piece of non-fiction.

Do you believe that this episode of the Simpsons contains no real world connotation:

The Book Job (#23.6)

The episode: Lisa discovers one of her favorite authors is just a face for the back cover. Her books turn out to be written by scores of recently graduated lit majors who will do anything for money. Lisa vents to Homer about it, planting the idea in Homer's brain. He assembles a crack team, starting with Bart, to write the book with him.

Interestingly enough, one person actually claimed this to be true for the Harry Potter series and of course there are claims that Shakespeare did not write any of his plays. Both are claimed to be written by many writers.

#369 of 406 Old 03-05-2012, 04:24 PM

you can find truth in anything, if you're looking for it.  However the problem lies with black and white thinking.  Once you feel you can no longer believe things as they were it's easy to cast aside all of it for a different side.  Then before you know it you're right back where you started from only on the otherside, clinging to new thought.  While I understand what you're getting at, believe me I do... it's only a fraction of what is really going on and it's honestly not as doom as you think.  The fact that the Government hides many truths from the population really means nothing.  A lot of things that are kept underwraps need to be.  If we really knew everything that was going on behind our backs almost ever person could take issue with all the little things and not pay attention to all the important things.  To me looking for all the little things hoping they add up to something bigger and more interesting is a waste of my cognitive thought. 

I don't care that there is junk in tv and movies that throw out little occult tidbits.  I really don't.  I don't watch the stuff anyway.  What I do care about is what we do to other people.  How we're treating others outside out country. Which makes me a part of the problems I see.  I don't hide behind not wanting to take part thinking that won't finger point in my direction at any given point.  I served in the Military, I realize that some of the things I did had negative impacts on other peoples lives... and I own it.  You're a citizen, born here, schooled here and you live here.  You can either look for all the negatives or embrace the positives and work small to make the changes you need to make. 

Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right  1 Peter 2:13-14

#370 of 406 Old 03-05-2012, 05:08 PM

It's not about doom, though certainly I've delved deep enough in conspiracy theories to once think that. Yes, I've come back (due to finally reading the bible)...some. I no longer think that the shadow government mentioned in conspiracies are bad people. Hell, the bible mentions them. They are charged with managing the heathens. Yes, there it is. I asked myself, am I a heathen. Well technically I was, may be I still am, though I am trying to change this. We have the power to change our behavior and move out of management. With more responsibility, one finds the path to true freedom.

What you say is true, we are to submit ourselves to the authorities of our countries. That does not mean we do everything they say, for not everything they say to do is mandatory. Vaccines, Birth Certificates, SSN, Marriage Licenses, hospital births, public education, western medicine, all the norms; yet none are required. Hell I do not even understand how driver's licenses are needed based upon the legal definition of what a driver actually is.

Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.Thou shalt breake them with a rod of iron, thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potters vessell. bee wise now therefore, O yee Kings: be instructed ye Judges of the earth. ~ Pslams 2:8-10

Thou shalt beget sons and daughters, but thou shalt not enjoy them; for they shall go into captivity ~Deuteronomy 28:41 Public Education certainly seems like captivity to me wink1.gif

I have to ask though, as you seem to hold the government in a rather benign fashion; what about false flag events like 9-11? If it wasn't a false flag, then what was it? As the official story is filled with fallacies.

One last thing, I think you need to include 1 Peter 2:15-16:

For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

#371 of 406 Old 03-05-2012, 05:50 PM

There are a lot of things involved with 9/11 that are just stupid.  Honestly an embarrassment to the intel community.  I've watched all the interesting documentaries about it... Anything is possible.  And if anything is possible... anything can be.  And to appease the minds of the population they must point out who is responsible...  Doesn't matter if its true or not.  I can't imagine any one of us will ever really know exactly what happened and why it happened.  Half our enemies we've trained or fed in some capacity.   Could it have been us?  Sure.  Could it have been Bin Laden... sure why not?  The point is that so much happens under the watch that is ignored or pushed aside, just about anything can take place.  Our own border guards are douches.  You should look into how many of them are cartel family.  A few have been caught and of course arrested. 

It's just that nothing suprises me or gets my blood flowing.  Most things in my opinion are just little tidbits that get in the way and keep the masses busy.  I'm just going to live, and I'm not going to be too concerned about all the little things. 

tiqa likes this.
#372 of 406 Old 03-05-2012, 07:17 PM

It's the lies Imakcerka, they bother me. While I may not be accurate with everything i've posted in this forum, I've said the truth as far as I see it. I've tried to look at things at different angles and come to proper conclusions; but i am flawed.

I still can't shake the SSN as being treated like an animal, especially with corporations mocking us with their HR departments. I preferred Personnel Departments.

Birth Certificate is simply not necessary as 2-3 witnesses to the event is legally all you need. Some say BC's are sold as bonds on foreign markets, with the person's future labor backing the bond. There is no evidence of this except what some deem as a bond number on the certificate; also certificates are often printed on bond paper. Still I can not verify this, nor can any claiming this. Do we sign our children over to the state when we register them? Again I really can't answer that. Jurisdiction comes from somewhere; maybe the marriage contract is all they need.

Marriage License, here is definitely where the state receives a share of your children. As I've posted, a marriage license is a 3 party contract with the state. It forms a new corporation which the state is party to. All assets acquired are owned by all three parties. I assume the state gets it share through the inheritance tax. I never did understand taxing someone on money their relative already earned and paid taxes on. In regards to any children under the corporation, the state gives benefits to support them and has the right to say how the children are raised.

Where I have the problem is, the state saying how my child should be raised. USDA food groups blow....does not work for every person. It is good starting ground though.

Vaccines are dangerous, at least in my family, causing bad reactions that gave me permanent brain damage. I do not have full control of my body and my social skills are impaired; i have Asperger's Syndrome (high-functioning Autism). I'll never be able to prove the vaccine caused it though. I was a "normal" child until age 7 when i received my final DTaP & Polio (the school threatened to not allow me to attend). Either one could have done it via encephalitis(swelling of the brain). I slowly began regressing after.

The public education system is part of why children are becoming dumber. The way the system has to be setup, teaching to the slowest student, leaves the other hampered. No spirituality is allowed, helping create the walking dead, spiritually void material beings. Good intentions flow all around this system, but as you have heard before, "Hell is paved with good intentions".

Don't even get me started on the foster care system. One of my mother's boyfriends was heavily abused by a few of his many foster families.

Let me not forget the Medical system, where tonsils used to be removed like warts. How about throwing anti-biotics at every bacterial infection helping breed resistant strains of bacteria. Not to mention that too many anti-biotics can cause immune system suppression issues.

You know what my pediatrician did during our child's visits, weighed and measured our child, charging 100 bucks for the visit. Really do I need a doctor to monitor my child's weight? I can access the same charts from the CDC and see where my child falls without paying 100 bucks for it. My child sees a Chiropractor instead.

In my opinion, the state clearly can't do a good job taking care of my child. There are plenty of parents out there that really shouldn't be parents. The state can go be their child's father.

A_Random_Phrase likes this.
#373 of 406 Old 03-08-2012, 07:07 PM

I can't bring myself to dignify any of the crazy you're spouting with a constructive response.  

Tell me more about the importance of Harry Potter being an orphan.

Quote:

Sigh, Kelly1101, can you contribute something constructive? Or must you continue to lower yourself to mockery?

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#374 of 406 Old 03-08-2012, 07:47 PM

The Lone Gunmen...as in the offshoot of The X-Files?  Uuuuuh, yeah.  I love The X-Files too, but I don't even pretend that Chris Carter has an inside into the workings of the government, and I don't pretend to believe it's real.

Otherwise....better watch those bees eco-people love to try to increase the numbers of.  Remember what happened to dear ole Scully when she got stung?  That poor ole bee was genetically engineered by the government to allow Scully to be abducted for testing in a vat of gooey alien gel.  

But congratulations...I didn't think Fox Mulder and the Lone Gunmen could be topped as *the* most paranoid against the government.  Except they're fictional.

Quote:

Actually Chronicles of Narnia (c. 1949-1954) is 7 books and Beauty & the Beast (c. 1740) is a fairy Tale, neither of which are just books.

If you think all art is just art, then pray, do tell me how the pilot episode of a show contained the following:

"This FOX TV show, which was finished in April of 2000 but was not BROADCAST until March 2001, depicted a US GOVERNMENT PLOT to hijack a Boeing jetliner, fly it by remote control, and
CRASH IT INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER.
" ~ http://www.u-r-next.com/6months.html

The show is called The Lone Gunman and I have this episode, you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRtqQLMAZek

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#375 of 406 Old 03-09-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post

I can't bring myself to dignify any of the crazy you're spouting with a constructive response.  

Tell me more about the importance of Harry Potter being an orphan.

I am not going to defend myself to you if you can't at least come up with a decent counter response. Instead all you manage to do is mock and insult me.

#376 of 406 Old 03-09-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyRae View Post

The Lone Gunmen...as in the offshoot of The X-Files?  Uuuuuh, yeah.  I love The X-Files too, but I don't even pretend that Chris Carter has an inside into the workings of the government, and I don't pretend to believe it's real.

Otherwise....better watch those bees eco-people love to try to increase the numbers of.  Remember what happened to dear ole Scully when she got stung?  That poor ole bee was genetically engineered by the government to allow Scully to be abducted for testing in a vat of gooey alien gel.  

But congratulations...I didn't think Fox Mulder and the Lone Gunmen could be topped as *the* most paranoid against the government.  Except they're fictional.

AllyRae, you completely missed the point of this post. The point was that this episode was aired 6 months before 9/11. On top of that it was filmed in 2000. The interesting thing is the writers came up with a scenario very close to what "supposedly" happened on 9/11.

#377 of 406 Old 03-09-2012, 05:58 PM

"Most home schoolers find that the easiest way to deal with their local school system is simply to stay out of sight once the legal formalities have been completed. Many local schools are cooperative and friendly to home schoolers. But we've also head of instances where local school systems, in cooperation with social-services personnel, have interfered in family life, take away parental authority, and sometimes even removed children from homes even though no abuse has occurred

-- only difference in philosophy or opinion over how a child should be educated." ~ p. 683 The Well-Trained Mind by Susan Wise Bauer & Jessie Wise

#378 of 406 Old 03-09-2012, 10:57 PM

I'm actually wondering if you're messing with us Akkarin.  I honestly don't wear my doom hat often enough to even come up with this stuff.  I didn't respond to your last because I thought you were pulling my leg. 

#379 of 406 Old 03-10-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:

I'm actually wondering if you're messing with us Akkarin.  I honestly don't wear my doom hat often enough to even come up with this stuff.  I didn't respond to your last because I thought you were pulling my leg. 

I am not pulling your leg nor am I wearing a doom hat. Would you like me to break down each topic one by one? Would that make it easier for you ladies to follow?

#380 of 406 Old 03-10-2012, 10:17 PM

No... I think you lost your Audience.  I'm not interested. 

Quote:

I am not pulling your leg nor am I wearing a doom hat. Would you like me to break down each topic one by one? Would that make it easier for you ladies to follow?

#381 of 406 Old 06-21-2012, 08:15 PM

"For if parens patriae were limited to 'intervention' when parents fail, there would be no basis at law for assigning the custody of children to biological parents by birth certificate. Unless the education and upbringing of children were a matter of plenary public authority, the custody of children could be neither 'assigned' nor 'certified'. Birth Certification, like public schooling, is not merely service to families. It is an expression of parens patriae, of the public responsibility for safeguarding the independent interests of all children, all future citizens." ~ Parens Patriae: A Comparative Legal Study of Sovereign Authority and Public Education by Jason C. Blokhuis p.149

#382 of 406 Old 06-21-2012, 08:25 PM

You want to truly understand the nature of parens patriae and the powers of the state, then i suggest you read the lengthy dissertation by Jason C. Blokhuis.

Once a child becomes a citizen (Birth Certificate = citizenship*), they are the states responsibility. Biological parents are given custodial privileges via the birth certificate, as it is assumed that biological parents will put the interest of the child before their own. Of course when parents do not do this and the matter comes before a judge, sometimes the child is removed. If you look over the court cases in the dissertation, you'll see that removal isn't just on grounds of abuse or neglect. Most often though, what is in the child's best interest is to stay with their biological parent.

*While being born in the US qualifies you to be a citizen with all privileges and responsibilities that comes with it, you still have to claim this right; most often via the birth certificate.

#383 of 406 Old 06-22-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savithny View Post

You think that CPS finds its cases via searching birth certificate archives?   Really? 

Do you know what birth certificates actually are, how they're filed, who keeps them, etc?  

You really think that if you don't have a BC, you can float through life unnoticed by anyone, no matter what ou do? 

CPS finds cases via people reporting.  If you get a birth certificate, but then choose to live without banks, without enrolling your child in school, without WIC or TANF or SSI or any of those other programs, and NEVER let another person see how you treat your kid, you're just as "invisible" to CPS as if you didn't get a birth certificate at all.

They don't run special reports every year from the county vital records files, saying "Hm, lets check all the kids born in 2005 against the kindergarten enrollment in the county this year. Really.   They don't have the capability.  Birth records aren't sent to some central FBI processing center for the feds to assign tracking cameras.
as a child protection social worker, i can confirm that this is true. we do not have access to birth certificates, nor do we have the resources to randomly check in on people. we know about kids when people report. period. reporters are often neighbours. we contact the parents based on the contact information provided by the reporter. if warranted according to the law, we remove. no where in there do we ask for birth certificates- in fact, in my jurisdiction anyway, the law is quite clear that ANY child within our jurisdiction is able to be removed if warranted, whether that child is a citizen or not. not having a birth certificate for that child would not effect the process at all- except, possibly, if cps felt like arguing that they did not have to return the child to you because you could not prove you were the parent if you chose to bring the lack of birth certificate to their attention.
#384 of 406 Old 06-22-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnea27 View Post

as a child protection social worker, i can confirm that this is true. we do not have access to birth certificates, nor do we have the resources to randomly check in on people. we know about kids when people report. period. reporters are often neighbours. we contact the parents based on the contact information provided by the reporter. if warranted according to the law, we remove. no where in there do we ask for birth certificates- in fact, in my jurisdiction anyway, the law is quite clear that ANY child within our jurisdiction is able to be removed if warranted, whether that child is a citizen or not. not having a birth certificate for that child would not effect the process at all- except, possibly, if cps felt like arguing that they did not have to return the child to you because you could not prove you were the parent if you chose to bring the lack of birth certificate to their attention.

Read the above posts about parens patriae. The powers of cps to remove a child from a home temporarily until a hearing occurs comes from this doctrine. The doctrine of Parens Patriae allow the court to remove children that are citizens only...or when extreme abuse is occurring. I've pointed this example already in this thread, but the Fundamentalist mormon sect in Texas were given back their children against the wishes of CPS. CPS did not have the authority to take these children according to the court.

The point of Birth Certificate has more to do with the State as father then it does with CPS. The state is the father...think about that.

#385 of 406 Old 06-22-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:

Read the above posts about parens patriae. The powers of cps to remove a child from a home temporarily until a hearing occurs comes from this doctrine. The doctrine of Parens Patriae allow the court to remove children that are citizens only...or when extreme abuse is occurring. I've pointed this example already in this thread, but the Fundamentalist mormon sect in Texas were given back their children against the wishes of CPS. CPS did not have the authority to take these children according to the court.

The point of Birth Certificate has more to do with the State as father then it does with CPS. The state is the father...think about that.

Like I said, the child protection legislation in my jurisdiction is quite clear that we can remove any child if just cause is found whether they are a citizen or not. If they are not a citizen, we are to notify the consulate of their country of birth but continue to keep them in care.

If you are talking about the YFZ ranch in Texas (I'm not going to go through 20 pages of posts to confirm but I suspect you are) it was ruled that the children were to be returned because the court found that there was not enough evidence that they were in immediate danger and because the original call from "Sarah" was thought to be a hoax. I'm not from Texas so I'm not all that familiar with that case, but from what I'm reading online it had nothing to do with the children having or not having birth certificates. In fact, that appears to have made it more difficult for the parents because they had to submit to DNA testing to prove the children were theirs, from what I can read online.

I am familiar with parens patriae. http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Parens+Patriae says:

In the United States, the parens patriae doctrine has had its greatest application in the treatment of children, mentally ill persons, and other individuals who are legally incompetent to manage their affairs. The state is the supreme guardian of all children within its jurisdiction, and state courts have the inherent power to intervene to protect the best interests of children whose welfare is jeopardized by controversies between parents. This inherent power is generally supplemented by legislative acts that define the scope of child protection in a state. (emphasis mine)

I can't find any reputable site that claims that you maintain the "right" to abuse your children and prevent CPS involvement simply by refusing to get a birth certificate. Whether you have a birth certificate for your child or not, you would still be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction you are in, and legislation in your state likely states that children in the state are subject to protection from abuse and neglect. This would apply regardless of their citizenship status or possession of a birth certificate, just as you are subject to any other laws in the jurisdiction you are in, citizen or not.

#386 of 406 Old 06-22-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnea27 View Post

I can't find any reputable site that claims that you maintain the "right" to abuse your children and prevent CPS involvement simply by refusing to get a birth certificate. Whether you have a birth certificate for your child or not, you would still be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction you are in, and legislation in your state likely states that children in the state are subject to protection from abuse and neglect. This would apply regardless of their citizenship status or possession of a birth certificate, just as you are subject to any other laws in the jurisdiction you are in, citizen or not.

This has never been about abuse. Why must everyone always reduce it to just abuse. I am not pro abuse; i am anti-government as a father of my child. The power of parens patriae covers more than abuse, like education and health care. For instance in Switzerland, it is illegal to home school your child. Homeschooling was not so widely allowed in the US at a time. This is because the State feels, as the father of the child, that the best way to educate a child is via Public or Private institutions where children are taught by so call 'experts' in the field of education. Thanks to Wisconsin vs. Yoder, we can freely home school...depending on the State you live in. Idaho has no restrictions, Ohio requires approved curriculum by the district superintendent each school year.

Even with home schooling allowed some people have lost their child, temporarily, because of overzealous individuals that are opposed to home schooling. This is the very thing i have issues with. Yes there are parents that wont educate their children and it is a shame. Those parents, in my opinion, are stupid. Does that mean I should have to worry about my child being removed because of zealots like them? Assuming of course I educate my child at or above standard. It is a possibility as long as the state is the father. I personally want to remove the state from that role. The only way to do this is by not obtaining a marriage license, no birth certificate (claiming US citizenship), and lastly no SSN. Then government only has jurisdiction if i actually abuse or severely neglect my child.

#387 of 406 Old 06-22-2012, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
A

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).
#388 of 406 Old 06-22-2012, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

The only way to do this is by not obtaining a marriage license, no birth certificate (claiming US citizenship), and lastly no SSN. Then government only has jurisdiction if i actually abuse or severely neglect my child.

Just because you try to keep yourself and your child "off the record" does not mean that a concerned government worker of some sort couldn't come check on you and your child's setting. You aren't invisible just because you prefer to have no numbers attached to your person.

I don't think you are being very level headed.
#389 of 406 Old 06-23-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philomom View Post

Just because you try to keep yourself and your child "off the record" does not mean that a concerned government worker of some sort couldn't come check on you and your child's setting. You aren't invisible just because you prefer to have no numbers attached to your person.
I don't think you are being very level headed.

They could try and be refused, absent a court order. Harder to get a court order without jurisdiction.

I could be wrong. It is a much scarier proposition for me to be wrong. If we can not remove ourselves from jurisdiction, then we are owned by the US. We would be vassals and the US our lord. Our children would be our lords automatically as they were born to slaves.

No I like to believe we choose our lord rather then we have no choice.

#390 of 406 Old 06-23-2012, 08:17 AM

"For if parens patriae were limited to 'intervention' when parents fail, there would be no basis at law for assigning the custody of children to biological parents by birth certificate. Unless the education and upbringing of children were a matter of plenary public authority, the custody of children could be neither 'assigned' nor 'certified'. Birth Certification, like public schooling, is not merely service to families. It is an expression of parens patriae, of the public responsibility for safeguarding the independent interests of all children, all future citizens." ~ Parens Patriae: A Comparative Legal Study of Sovereign Authority and Public Education by Jason C. Blokhuis p.149

posting this again!

Tags
Unassisted Childbirth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page