not techincally a UC but wanting to join in and introduce myself - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-03-2012, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there...i'm definitely new to the UC forum, altho I have lurked for a very long time. This is my third pregnancy (due mid June), but first with my current partner. My first was a traumatic c-section. My second was an amazing, empowering and healing HBAC with a midwife. This time around we are planning another homebirth with a very hands of midwife. She actually strongly promotes UC and her goal as a midwife is to be a "UC midwife"...basically there for the women who want a midwife but essentially want to UC. Her goal is to be entirely hands off unless we want or need something. Best part is, she lives within walking distance so I feel like there's no rush to call her to come over early on and I won't feel bad sending her home if I feel like i'm not totally ready for extra hands when she first shows up. She has been so phenomenal throughout everything so far, including an ER trip for severe dehydration due to hyperemesis :( but...i've totally had visions of this baby being a true UC. Like I'm going to go into labor and the baby will come before I feel like I need her there and my partner and I deliver our baby on our own. 

Anyways...just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself instead of just continuing to lurk

#2 of 5 Old 01-03-2012, 02:23 PM

hello! I had hyperemesis with my first and it required a few days of IV too. painful. hoping you are recovering well! it sounds like you have a lovely situation set up! all the best xxx

#3 of 5 Old 01-04-2012, 11:12 AM

Welcome!! I am so glad you are here!! I had my first at the hospital...your standard conditions, pit drip, epi, pushing on my back, etc... no section though, and for that I am grateful!

Babies 2 and 3 and pregnancy 3 were all UC though pregnancy 3 ended in MC.

This is my 5th pregnancy, 4th baby and my partner's 1st. We are both over the moon! thankfully he is fully awed by and supportive of a UC and me following instincts. If I feel the need to see a MW I will...and I know a great many of them!

All the best to you mama!!

lady.gifLady to my Fellaheartbeat.gif fuzmalesling.gif, knit.gifMama to my Babies: babygirl.gifDD-10 (Hospital), babygirl.gifDD-7 (UC), babyboy.gifDS-4 (UC), babyboy.gifDS-newborn 9/2/12 (UC)

#4 of 5 Old 01-13-2012, 12:29 AM

That midwife sounds like me several years from now. <3

#5 of 5 Old 01-18-2012, 08:44 PM

this is what we plan to do with our midwife. basically she will be in the room hands off and hubby will be delivering. he is excited to be in charge of that. i do feel confident if we had to uc for any reason that we would be successful.

Lisa wife to Ronne and mom to 4 kids ,Thomas 4/92, Amanda 9/99, Christopher 8/06 & Nathaniel 5/08.

Tags
Homebirth , Unassisted Childbirth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page