I can hardly believe the lengths to which she will go! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-10-2012, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You know, I sometimes agree with Dr. Amy. Most of the time I do not, and this time I don't agree by a long shot and her comparisson is so far off I can hardly see straight.

She says, "In the case of the pro-anorexia community purported empowerment comes from resisting the natural urge to eat in response to need. In the case of the NCB community purported empowerment comes from resisting the natural urge to seek pain relief in response to severe pain."

I don't take pain relief because I don't feel like the pain of laboring and birthing warrant the risks of the medications, and the pain isn't going to last forever. I don't even HAVE a natural urge to seek pain relief. She uses such blanket statements. She is the extreme or her movement just like we have extremes among NCB advocates. I can't understand why she doesn't see that.

I also kind of think she might be devoid of any humanity...but that's another topic, I'm sure.

ChristSavesAll likes this.

lady.gifLady to my Fellaheartbeat.gif fuzmalesling.gif, knit.gifMama to my Babies: babygirl.gifDD-10 (Hospital), babygirl.gifDD-7 (UC), babyboy.gifDS-4 (UC), babyboy.gifDS-newborn 9/2/12 (UC)

#2 of 8 Old 01-10-2012, 01:28 PM

The only time I've ever had any urge whatsoever for pain medication in labour was when it had reached a point where I'd gone most of two weeks with almost no sleep, and almost 48 hours with no sleep. I just wanted it to stop long enough to catch a nap. Mind yoj, that still wasn't anywhere near enough for me to be okay with a needle in my spine. I'm normally okay with needles, but spinals/epidurals freak me out. Oh, yeah - and I hate, hate, hate being numb. Pain is better, in most circumstances.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#3 of 8 Old 01-10-2012, 03:35 PM

Dr Amy usually just infuriates me to no end. I am not at all surprised by the lengths she'll stoop.

Momma to Alena 07-03 and 8 .angel.gifangel babies. Due with our second baby in May 2012!

lactivist.gif I'm a breastfeeding activist asl.gif, Sign Language vocab instructor, autismribbon.gif autism activist, cloth diapering, attachment parenting momma!

#4 of 8 Old 01-11-2012, 06:12 PM

She's a poor woman who's been so thoroughly brainwashed by her "education" she is unable to see past it.

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
#5 of 8 Old 01-11-2012, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Not worth it, you're post will just have them over here looking at what you say.  Also... it'll send more people to her site.  Then she can gloat about how many people came to her site this year.  Vomit.  I think Dr. Amy should be ignored here.  

#6 of 8 Old 01-12-2012, 04:44 AM

OP, break the link. Why make more fodder for her snark?

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#7 of 8 Old 01-12-2012, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

idk how to break the link :(

lady.gifLady to my Fellaheartbeat.gif fuzmalesling.gif, knit.gifMama to my Babies: babygirl.gifDD-10 (Hospital), babygirl.gifDD-7 (UC), babyboy.gifDS-4 (UC), babyboy.gifDS-newborn 9/2/12 (UC)

#8 of 8 Old 01-12-2012, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Just edit and remove it.  The pencil box on the lower right hand corner of your post will allow you edit it.

Tags
Homebirth , Homebirth Safety , Unassisted Childbirth

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page