New Here! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-04-2012, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Ladies,

I am new here. I am not pregnant as of yet but plan on soon or in the coming months. I have two boys - D1 will be 3 in a months and DS2 is 13 months old. My first was a unnessisary csection and second was a very chaotic vbac. My birth stories are here: http://holdingmybabyfirst.wordpress.com/

I want my third to be very much different than the first two and much gentler on my baby and I. I am planning on a UC. In the last two months I have read: HypnoBirthing, Orgasmic Birth, Unassisted Childbirth, and Birthkeepers. I've previuosly read: Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering, Ina May's Guild to Childbirth, Birthing from Within. I am currently waiting for Emergency Childbirth to arrive in my mailbox this week!

I have also purchased some essential oils and plan on building up my cabinet with them throughout the year and leading up to a birth.

I love my home and want my boys to be apart of this birth, like I wanted with my last birth. I live 20 minutes from a hospital though, which I'm a little unsure about. I have an amazing husband and my doula has become my best friend. I plan on taking midwife appointments throughout just to have a midwife for backup instead of an OB.

I guess, the next step is to get pregnant, lol. I just want to learn as much as I can.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 02-06-2012, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome! I'm pretty new in here, too. I'm pregnant with my 5th and am planning my first unassisted birth around the 4th of July when I'm due. Like you, I am wanting for a much different experience than my prior births. We've read many of the same books and I just bought and finished Emergency Childbirth. Awesome book! Good luck on your journey smile.gif

#3 of 3 Old 02-09-2012, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)

Welcome! Glad to see you are getting your vitamin K.....k for knowledge =)

Have fun getting pregnant ;P

Tags
Homebirth , Homebirth Safety , Unassisted Childbirth

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page