Pets and UC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-10-2012, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Question for pet owners who have UC'd:

How did your pet dog/cat handle the labor & birth? I have 2 dogs & 2 cats (all less than 2 years old), and I'm wondering how they'll act when the time comes. All 4 of them are acting differently with the pregnancy - more affectionate and protective. DH is wondering if they'll get in the way for the birth, trying to sniff between the legs in particular. I think that they'll have better sense than that, but who knows? We'll put them in the backyard if we need to.

Anyway, how did your dogs/cats act during labor and birth?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 02-11-2012, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had 2 cats at the time of my first and second sons' births.  The first birth ended up being completely solo & my cats were the only witnesses.  They sat on the table in front of the birth pool most of the time watching over me. If I looked up and one wasn't there, the other was in his place. I spent the labor in the pool or on the toilet & I don't remember if they followed me to the bathroom when I went in there, but I suspect they were watching from the hallway.

During the birth of my second son, I don't recall them being as watchful, but my husband was there with me so I don't think they felt the same need to be protective.

Lia Joy Rundle CLD                             Self Directed Woman                                   Self Directed Childbirth
                                                           Womanhood is not a destination. It is an archaeological dig. 

Tags
Homebirth , Unassisted Childbirth

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page