Does the feeling ever fade? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-07-2012, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had my UC nearly 3 years ago now. A beautiful little girl.

Even now, 3 years later I can still recall with amazement and awe intimate details of her birth. I still relive it from time to time. I can still feel the power I felt, and how come and yet primal the whole situation was.

I can remember sitting up in the middle of a contraction (I was on all fours) and just throwing myself to the universe, into the arms of a loving partner.

I can remember feeling so in touch with my body, just knowing I was built and designed to do this.

So mamas who have UC'd, does the feeling fade? Do you feel just as powerful now as you did then? What memories come flooding back to you most?

The birth itself is long gone, but I like to talk about it, I like sharing it.

Lindsay: DS#1 (06/06) DD#1 (09/07) DS#2 (10/08) DD#2 (06/09). AND A BABY DUE NOVEMBER 2013

#2 of 2 Old 03-07-2012, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had an "other-wordly/spiritual" moment during my UC 2 years ago. It was intense and I remember the sensation very well, but I have had a similar feeling during a few other times in my life too. DD was born 2 years ago.

The rest of the birth... hahaha, well I'm not in a rush to re-live pain and frustration, etc. At the end of the birth I didn't feel so powerful, I felt defeated, even though it was a successful UC with no major issues afterwards. 

Do what you can to perserve that good memory. smile.gif I'm guessing it is not ever going to fade for you!

Tags
Unassisted Childbirth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page