What hangs folks up about UC can be so funny! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-29-2012, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Sometimes I want to make a t-shirt that says something like, "having a baby without an epi, didn't drink the kool-aide either".  Its like you have to be way "weird" to want be the WHO definition of "normal". duck.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 11:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The main things I was asked, were "How did I do it without an epidural" and "who cleaned up"

I had people saying they might be able to do it without an epidural, but they could never do it, knowing they couldn't ask for one at any time. OK?!

And it's like people picture some murder scene with blood on the celings and wading knee deep in placenta juice or something. It took my husband about 2 minutes to clean up, maybe less. I was going to do it myself but he insisted I relax.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:43 AM

2 weeks after my first up/uc, a concerned relative on the phone said that my sister said gestational diabetis runs in the family, so I should really go get checked out and make sure everything went OK. - dh and I still laugh at how she could have somehow missed the "gestation" part of gestational diabetis.

But the funniest "how" question was from the lady down the street when I was quite obviously preg. with #5, and it somehow came up that I had never taken a pregnancy test.  She was perplexed, so I told her I never had for any of my pregnancies.  She then was like, "But how...?" looking around at my other 4 kids as if they weren't real or were going to disappear because I never peed on a stick!

Old 07-17-2012, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouyant View Post

But the funniest "how" question was from the lady down the street when I was quite obviously preg. with #5, and it somehow came up that I had never taken a pregnancy test.  She was perplexed, so I told her I never had for any of my pregnancies.  She then was like, "But how...?" looking around at my other 4 kids as if they weren't real or were going to disappear because I never peed on a stick!

ROTFL

that is so funny!

I did get a test but it was mostly because I wanted an excuse to see my regular CP without having to actually start prenatal care.  I mean, your period stops, your appetite goes haywire, your emotions go whoopie, and your stomach is flip flopping like Congress in an election year.  Pretty much nothing but a baby in there can explain all that.  You can go get someone to tell you baby is there, or you can wait and they will literally pop out on you.  :)  Like my belly right now...

Old 07-19-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayebond View Post

ROTFL

that is so funny!

I did get a test but it was mostly because I wanted an excuse to see my regular CP without having to actually start prenatal care.  I mean, your period stops, your appetite goes haywire, your emotions go whoopie, and your stomach is flip flopping like Congress in an election year.  Pretty much nothing but a baby in there can explain all that.  You can go get someone to tell you baby is there, or you can wait and they will literally pop out on you.  :)  Like my belly right now...

I tested the last two times, this pregnancy included. I tested the first 2 times, too. You don't need to pee on a stick to have a baby, that's for sure! LOL

But I found that the stick has it's advantages for me. And it's non-invasive. ;-)

Old 08-14-2012, 09:19 AM

My family all thought the doctor had to tie the cord a certain way to make the belly button and wondered how I knew to make the special knot.  That actually surprised me because I remember thinking that when I was a kid but figured you grew out of it, like you don't believe babies come out of the belly button or are brought by the stork anymore when you get older.

Then again none of you had a story like that so maybe it's just a family myth.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

My friends said that too in elementary school, and that different looking belly buttons were from different handling of the cord after birth. But if you've ever had a baby or changed a newborn you know they put a clip on it most of the time, so I don't know how many adults could still think anything different.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:24 PM

I am dying laughing at all of these!

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

Old 09-06-2012, 02:33 AM

This isn't exactly a UC thing, but it did happen during my UP. It's VERY obvious to me when I'm pregnant, so I don't need to take pregnancy tests. 10 weeks into my pregnancy, I had to get on Medicaid because my husband lost his job, so I was required to show proof of pregnancy. I went to a local clinic to get a pregnancy test and when I told the nurse I was pregnant and needed a test to get my Medicaid stuff processed, she kept asking me a billion questions about how I could possibly know I was pregnant without testing first. She did the test and came back fifteen minutes later and said "wow, you ARE pregnant!" with the most surprised look on her face. I have no idea how I kept from laughing. She was just amazed - like knowing I was pregnant was magical or something.

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif

Tags
Unassisted Childbirth
User Tag List