Mothering Forum banner

SCH at 6 weeks

541 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cryswilkins 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I am newly pregnant with #3 (7 weeks on Sunday). I started spotting brown on tuesday and now it is red clotty gushes off and on. I went to our urgent care clinic and they ran my HCG levels, which I was expecting to tell me I had a m/c, but my levels were actually good! I am suppose to go back in on Sunday to have them run again, but am all in all feeling confident that baby is fine. I am wondering if I possibly have a subchorionic bleed. Does anyone have any info on these or any advice on what to do. I have been trying to take it easy as much as possible and drinking water and am trying to remind myself to take some extra iron. I have also read a few times that these tend to resolve themselves by 20 weeks.

TIA!

P.S. I am UP'ing, doing my own prenatals

#2 ·
I have experienced light brown spotting in early weeks before. It was never a concern. The clotty gushes makes me wonder about previa? Will you be getting an ultrasound since your doing your own prenatals? I would just rule that out, otherwise I'm sure its nothing to worry about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.