What is "Trolls.with.wooden.spoons" ? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 15 Old 05-17-2012, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter
 
lovingthis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The PNW
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I found that some of the traffic coming to my page was coming from this site. I looked it up and saw that it seems to involve a lot of making fun of people at the MDC boards.

 

Anything more specific than that?

 

What are they targeting exactly?

 

I had been very careful with what I shared here, anywhere really, because I didn't want judgement for a UC- even if it ended up not happening.

 

BUT I also really needed people I could talk to about this stuff. feel encouraged by reading others' stories, you know?

 

Anyone have any experience with these people? was it about UC, or just MDC in general?

 

Edit:

Nevermind, apparently it seems to start at the MDC boards.

Wow, that makes me really sad. I have always been impressed with how supportive everyone here is, about everything about the whole circ. debate. Apparently, the support is just a facade.

applejuice likes this.
lovingthis is offline  
#2 of 15 Old 05-17-2012, 12:27 PM
 
goldenwillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In the trees
Posts: 1,127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have read around here that people have been unsupportive of MDC... but I do not FB and all that stuff.  Where did you find folks poking fun around here?

 

Thanks.
 


'09   
goldenwillow is offline  
#3 of 15 Old 05-17-2012, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter
 
lovingthis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The PNW
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

There is a post elsewhere on the site where people have discussed that those meanie boards typically get the posts from a dual member- someone who comes on here, copies and pastes them there, and makes fun of them.

lovingthis is offline  
#4 of 15 Old 05-17-2012, 01:40 PM
 
goldenwillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In the trees
Posts: 1,127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Horrible.  I have seem folks around here write about that but I haven't witnessed it.  Very unsupportive.   Thank you. 
 


'09   
goldenwillow is offline  
#5 of 15 Old 05-17-2012, 02:15 PM
 
Youngfrankenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,273
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingthis View Post

Edit:

Nevermind, apparently it seems to start at the MDC boards.

Wow, that makes me really sad. I have always been impressed with how supportive everyone here is, about everything about the whole circ. debate. Apparently, the support is just a facade.

Have you actually been to the site?  There is no facade.  


Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
Youngfrankenstein is offline  
#6 of 15 Old 05-17-2012, 02:39 PM
 
DragonflyBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Margaritaville
Posts: 2,600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TWWS is a place much like MDC with less moderation and the ability to actually give hands on support that can't be given here.

For those who think it's just a bunch of catty women, you couldn't before wrong. TWWS has helped members who were in abusive relationships, helped bury loved ones who have passed, raised funds for legal fees, helped with school books, gift cards for groceries, etc.

When one of our members is struggling we can do REAL things to help and not just post about help being needed and having it deleted by a mod.

I cannot count the members who have been helped by those of who are members there. I know I have been on the receiving end after my son died.

Rule number one for the Internet: nothing you put on it is private. Anybody can find it. They can also ridicule or support. If you expect to air your laundry online you had better expect that someone, somewhere is going to point and laugh.

:
DragonflyBlue is offline  
#7 of 15 Old 05-17-2012, 02:48 PM
 
PhoenixMommaToTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Formerly of AZ, now in Nebraska
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

OMG! The things we post on a public board aren't private!? And anyone can read them and post them on another site? 

 

I think you should contact the media. 

Arianwen1174 likes this.

"We submit to the majority because we have to. But we are not compelled to call our attitude of subjection a posture of respect."
Ambrose Bierce 
PhoenixMommaToTwo is offline  
#8 of 15 Old 05-17-2012, 06:18 PM
 
katelove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,781
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyBlue View Post

TWWS is a place much like MDC with less moderation and the ability to actually give hands on support that can't be given here.

For those who think it's just a bunch of catty women, you couldn't before wrong. TWWS has helped members who were in abusive relationships, helped bury loved ones who have passed, raised funds for legal fees, helped with school books, gift cards for groceries, etc.

When one of our members is struggling we can do REAL things to help and not just post about help being needed and having it deleted by a mod.

I cannot count the members who have been helped by those of who are members there. I know I have been on the receiving end after my son died.

Rule number one for the Internet: nothing you put on it is private. Anybody can find it. They can also ridicule or support. If you expect to air your laundry online you had better expect that someone, somewhere is going to point and laugh.

This is a genuine question (I have not been to TWWS because you can't read any of it without becoming a member); are you saying that no-one who is a member of both MDC and TWWS copies and pastes from here to there and? And, if they do, it isnt to ridicule or mock?

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

katelove is online now  
#9 of 15 Old 05-17-2012, 06:48 PM
 
Vancouver Mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


---


Diane, SAHM to DD (June 05) and DS (April 07).
::::
Vancouver Mommy is offline  
#10 of 15 Old 05-17-2012, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter
 
lovingthis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The PNW
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am not stupid. I realize that people can copy and paste things, putting them somewhere private. I never complained about that.

 I just assumed, initially, that anyone who would be making fun of the posts here wouldn't also be someone who came here for support.

 

The whole reason I like these boards ( asopposed to what I have heard from real life riends about similar sites) is because I didn't feel judged here. But apparently, people just copy and paste your stuff so they can take it and judge it elsewhere.

 

Just makes me sad.

I was only asking if anyone else knew anything about the site. I thought that this board, especially, was more protective of one another. It just makes me believe the whole stupid "mommy wars" crap, because I just cannot wrap my head around why people want to pick each other apart like this. Oh Well.

lovingthis is offline  
#11 of 15 Old 05-17-2012, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter
 
lovingthis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The PNW
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

 I am really glad for anyone who has received genuine help from that site. That is truly wonderful....and just makes it make even less sense to me.

I didn't see anything I shared as dirty laundry. I just wanted to share my story with the ladies here, who I thought really understood where I was coming from. I never imagined that anyone here would want to make fun of me- because I needed to process what had happened? because I am trying to process how and why my poor baby got hurt? I just can't understand how women that could be so supportive to some could be so mean to others. I am a mother too...I am dealing with post partum and a hurt baby... not "dirty laundry".

lovingthis is offline  
#12 of 15 Old 05-17-2012, 07:49 PM
 
Imakcerka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,065
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingthis View Post

 I am really glad for anyone who has received genuine help from that site. That is truly wonderful....and just makes it make even less sense to me.

I didn't see anything I shared as dirty laundry. I just wanted to share my story with the ladies here, who I thought really understood where I was coming from. I never imagined that anyone here would want to make fun of me- because I needed to process what had happened? because I am trying to process how and why my poor baby got hurt? I just can't understand how women that could be so supportive to some could be so mean to others. I am a mother too...I am dealing with post partum and a hurt baby... not "dirty laundry".

 

 

We're they actually making fun of you?

Imakcerka is offline  
#13 of 15 Old 05-17-2012, 11:15 PM
 
Thyme Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 473
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

***


chicken3.gif    happy homesteading-homebirthing-homeschooling-student midwife-mama to a small handful of little ones and joyful wife to my artist man.

Thyme Mama is offline  
#14 of 15 Old 05-18-2012, 04:31 AM
 
Youngfrankenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,273
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just remember there is a lot of history that you may not be aware of.  


Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
Youngfrankenstein is offline  
#15 of 15 Old 05-18-2012, 09:14 AM
Administrator
 
adinal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 24,778
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

Trolls With Wooden Spoons is another message board on the internet. Let's leave it at that.  There are lots of them out there, and several of them have picked threads at MDC to copy and paste to their site and discuss with their members.  This is a risk when you post on a public message board on the internet, especially when posting about alternative practices.

 

I am going to close this thread now.  The OP had a genuine question, and I have no interest in seeing it turning into making fun or haranguing her about it, nor do I think we need another 200+ post about TWWS. 

 

Thank you all for your input.


winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

 

adinal is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off