Mothering Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What is "Trolls.with.wooden.spoons" ?

6K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  BeeandOwlsMum 
#1 ·
I found that some of the traffic coming to my page was coming from this site. I looked it up and saw that it seems to involve a lot of making fun of people at the MDC boards.

Anything more specific than that?

What are they targeting exactly?

I had been very careful with what I shared here, anywhere really, because I didn't want judgement for a UC- even if it ended up not happening.

BUT I also really needed people I could talk to about this stuff. feel encouraged by reading others' stories, you know?

Anyone have any experience with these people? was it about UC, or just MDC in general?

Edit:

Nevermind, apparently it seems to start at the MDC boards.

Wow, that makes me really sad. I have always been impressed with how supportive everyone here is, about everything about the whole circ. debate. Apparently, the support is just a facade.

See less See more
#6 ·
TWWS is a place much like MDC with less moderation and the ability to actually give hands on support that can't be given here.

For those who think it's just a bunch of catty women, you couldn't before wrong. TWWS has helped members who were in abusive relationships, helped bury loved ones who have passed, raised funds for legal fees, helped with school books, gift cards for groceries, etc.

When one of our members is struggling we can do REAL things to help and not just post about help being needed and having it deleted by a mod.

I cannot count the members who have been helped by those of who are members there. I know I have been on the receiving end after my son died.

Rule number one for the Internet: nothing you put on it is private. Anybody can find it. They can also ridicule or support. If you expect to air your laundry online you had better expect that someone, somewhere is going to point and laugh.

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyBlue View Post

TWWS is a place much like MDC with less moderation and the ability to actually give hands on support that can't be given here.

For those who think it's just a bunch of catty women, you couldn't before wrong. TWWS has helped members who were in abusive relationships, helped bury loved ones who have passed, raised funds for legal fees, helped with school books, gift cards for groceries, etc.

When one of our members is struggling we can do REAL things to help and not just post about help being needed and having it deleted by a mod.

I cannot count the members who have been helped by those of who are members there. I know I have been on the receiving end after my son died.

Rule number one for the Internet: nothing you put on it is private. Anybody can find it. They can also ridicule or support. If you expect to air your laundry online you had better expect that someone, somewhere is going to point and laugh.
This is a genuine question (I have not been to TWWS because you can't read any of it without becoming a member); are you saying that no-one who is a member of both MDC and TWWS copies and pastes from here to there and? And, if they do, it isnt to ridicule or mock?

#10 ·
I am not stupid. I realize that people can copy and paste things, putting them somewhere private. I never complained about that.

I just assumed, initially, that anyone who would be making fun of the posts here wouldn't also be someone who came here for support.

The whole reason I like these boards ( asopposed to what I have heard from real life riends about similar sites) is because I didn't feel judged here. But apparently, people just copy and paste your stuff so they can take it and judge it elsewhere.

Just makes me sad.

I was only asking if anyone else knew anything about the site. I thought that this board, especially, was more protective of one another. It just makes me believe the whole stupid "mommy wars" crap, because I just cannot wrap my head around why people want to pick each other apart like this. Oh Well.

#11 ·
I am really glad for anyone who has received genuine help from that site. That is truly wonderful....and just makes it make even less sense to me.

I didn't see anything I shared as dirty laundry. I just wanted to share my story with the ladies here, who I thought really understood where I was coming from. I never imagined that anyone here would want to make fun of me- because I needed to process what had happened? because I am trying to process how and why my poor baby got hurt? I just can't understand how women that could be so supportive to some could be so mean to others. I am a mother too...I am dealing with post partum and a hurt baby... not "dirty laundry".

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingthis View Post

I am really glad for anyone who has received genuine help from that site. That is truly wonderful....and just makes it make even less sense to me.

I didn't see anything I shared as dirty laundry. I just wanted to share my story with the ladies here, who I thought really understood where I was coming from. I never imagined that anyone here would want to make fun of me- because I needed to process what had happened? because I am trying to process how and why my poor baby got hurt? I just can't understand how women that could be so supportive to some could be so mean to others. I am a mother too...I am dealing with post partum and a hurt baby... not "dirty laundry".
We're they actually making fun of you?

#15 ·
Trolls With Wooden Spoons is another message board on the internet. Let's leave it at that. There are lots of them out there, and several of them have picked threads at MDC to copy and paste to their site and discuss with their members. This is a risk when you post on a public message board on the internet, especially when posting about alternative practices.

I am going to close this thread now. The OP had a genuine question, and I have no interest in seeing it turning into making fun or haranguing her about it, nor do I think we need another 200+ post about TWWS.

Thank you all for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.