Need to interview (via internet) Moms who had Natural Birth in a hospital for college course case study - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-23-2012, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

5/23/2012

Hi, I'm new at this forum site and needing some help from moms who would love to share their natural birthing stories.

I'm a mom of 4 kids who have given birth in a hospital setting with no medical interventions. I guess I consider myself lucky not to require medical interventions. I am also currently a student in Alaska University and our focus group case study we would like to research is about Natural Birth.  We would like to understand and hear stories from mothers who wanted to have a natural birth.  So the criteria for our participants would be:  (1) a mom who wanted to have a natural birth (may or may not have a birth plan established in writing but had definitely thought of it) and (2) delivered their child in a hospital setting.  Also, of those who delivered in the hospital, (2a) they had natural birthing - no medical interventions OR (2b) they ended up not being able to carry out their natural birth plans by having medical interventions.  For (2b) moms, we would like to understand what caused them having a change in their delivery plans. If they did deliver in the hospital but were able to have natural birth, were there midwives or doulas in the room? Based on their birthing experiences, we would like to draw out more questions to explore the natural birth experience vs medically-assisted birthing experience.

Our focus group session is scheduled for Tuesday, May 29, 2012.  Each student should find a mom that fits the above criteria and arrange with our professor for the mom to join our interview session via internet (Elluminate Live). It's anticipated to last 30 minutes.  Our online class begins 5:30pm and ends 7:20 pm.

Participants' personal information (real names, etc.) would not be required but do need to be able to get set up for Elluminate Live to join online Focus group.  IF you or someone you know would be willing to share their stories, do please let me know. Thank you so much for reading my call for interviewees.

Anchorage, Alaska

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 05:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You do relieze you put this under UC. that is at home birth with no one but you, baby and maybe your man there. some may have friend or mom  instead of man. but we do not go to hospital. The people you are looking for for your research may not find this.

DHcaffix.gif meteapot2.GIFDDfemalesling.GIFabout us 3 cats and 4 dogs goorganic.jpgfamilybed1.gifcd.gifsewmachine.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gifsaynovax.gifinthet.gifuc.jpg

User Tag List