new and decided on a planned ucg - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-10-2012, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had 5 children I'm the hospital the thought of having another one born there was causing me a ton of stress I just couldn't handle it. So I talked with my fiance and helped him to realize I can do this on my own with out medical staff. If there was to be an emergency we Re across the street from the hospital. And he said yes. I am so happy now I am working on getting him to agree to uping as well cause prenatal visits also stress me ( I really believe stress is bad for my baby my self and my whole family ) I have so far gotten him to agree to no more u/s (I already had one) and no dopplers . I really feel much more comfortable listening to my own body rather than medical staff that don't know body. If my self or my baby were to need medical care I would most defiantly get it.

Since this is my first uc I would love to hear what others found to be most helpful to them. I do plan to get a birthing pool.

Thanx
#2 of 5 Old 07-11-2012, 11:01 AM

hi, I don't know anything that would be helpful but am curious to learn more myself, so I'm posting to bump up your thread.  I don't have a plan for a UC, but want to have more information about it as a backup in case my m/w doesn't make it here in time.  I almost had a UC with baby #1 (and honestly if I went back again, I might just have done it and then called oops).

#3 of 5 Old 07-11-2012, 08:20 PM

I am so sympathetic with you on the stress. I believe I am expecting multiples. I have chosen to forgo contact with drs and hospitals to reduce my stress for the sake of my babies. I realize that the greatest danger facing them is the medical establishment and the stress they can cause me. I know too much about how screwed up everything they are doing really is. Well, maybe not EVERYTHING... I've seen good bad and ugly, but on balance, mostly bad and ugly.

I've also had 5 homebirths, two with midwives 3 UCs and 2 total UPs they were so awesome! They were the most beautiful, life affirming, bonding moments of my life - minus being saved - and I'm not exaggerating. Could I live without those moments, and be a happy person, sure, but I could also live my life as a quadrupal amputee and be happy. It would really suck on some levels, though.

I also feel like God was gifting my children through those births. I'm not going to take credit that doesn't belong to me. It was a gift to us all. They were born in the middle of peace and love. Despite having an agpar of 10, they hardly cried, they just wanted to look and bond, and then sleep deeply, and then get on with their quiet, happy little lives. No handling by strangers in a scary place of painfully blinding lights. No doping of the first moments, no stressing over "where's mommy!?" - none of that garbage for them, and so many more advantages, too!

I have had two waterbirths. One in a rubbermaid storage container (don't knock it till you've tried it! It had to fit in a tiny 5thwheel hallway and leave room for passage!) and the other in my master bath tub. Oh yeah. Guess which one I liked more... My rubbermaid container. LOL [It had a lid and everything!] Hahaha... did I mention I carry my term babies small and I'm only 4'11"?

Anyway, it's awesome if you can do it. Listen to God and your gut. Don't let fearmongers boss you around. Weigh the risks vs benefits of everything and make your own choices. Don't let pleasing others get in the way of a joyful pregnancy and birth.

#4 of 5 Old 07-11-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayebond View Post

hi, I don't know anything that would be helpful but am curious to learn more myself, so I'm posting to bump up your thread.  I don't have a plan for a UC, but want to have more information about it as a backup in case my m/w doesn't make it here in time.  I almost had a UC with baby #1 (and honestly if I went back again, I might just have done it and then called oops).

Yeah, always plan to UC - at least as a plan B because every woman who gives birth stands a reasonable chance of being outside the reach of help when birth finds them. Not being afraid and knowing exactly what to do beforehand is critical in a moment like that. although you are gifted with a powerful inner teacher as well. So listen carefully to your intuition in labor always, no matter where you are!

Best wishes to you, one big reason for me to UC is that I live in a gorgeous location that is honestly too far from any decent hospital to make it anywhere, and besides, no midwife could get out in time. But that aside I would totally still do it for a lot of other reasons. Birth isn't really something you get to plan and then stick to the plan, birth is a gift you open and discover on labor day.

#5 of 5 Old 07-13-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedJess View Post Birth isn't really something you get to plan and then stick to the plan, birth is a gift you open and discover on labor day.

:) That's a great quote!

Does anyone know of any books or other resources that were helpful?   I'm going to a Bradley class but am interested in a bit more of the UC details if anyone wants to share.  Mostly I'm curious about learning to massage my belly so that no one else has to afterwards, and about cutting the cord.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page