Books and resources? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-12-2012, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a midwife but she may not be able to come or possibly not make it in time if birth moves fast.  I've considered UC anyways before this but I'd like to read up more on it in either case.  I really want to be prepared here if baby comes quick.  This will be my 4th birth (3rd home birth). 

Rachel, mom to 5 children and expecting another in 2014!

Our blog!

#2 of 6 Old 07-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)

Hi Rachel! Congrats on your pregnancy. smile.gif

Anyone have a book to recommend?

#3 of 6 Old 07-28-2012, 01:00 PM

Heart and Hands
Unassisted Homebirth: An Act of Love
Emergency Childbirth
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth

Those are my personal favorites

#4 of 6 Old 07-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Thanks jescgrl!

Anyone else have anything to suggest?

#5 of 6 Old 08-14-2012, 05:16 AM

My favorite book on UC is Unassisted Childbirth by Laura Kaplan Shanley

I also would recommend the book Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbaring Year by Susun Weed. It's a short book of about 170 pages, but it is well written in an empowering style and full of herbal remedies.

I am a college student who has been very interested in natural childbirth for about four years now. At my college library, I have been very surprised to find a collection of natural childbirth books—some even advocating UC!. If you have a college with a good size library then check it out. You may be surprised at the variety they have. You should be able to get a library card even if your not a student.
#6 of 6 Old 08-14-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaCeleste View Post

My favorite book on UC is Unassisted Childbirth by Laura Kaplan Shanley
I also would recommend the book Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbaring Year by Susun Weed. It's a short book of about 170 pages, but it is well written in an empowering style and full of herbal remedies.
I am a college student who has been very interested in natural childbirth for about four years now. At my college library, I have been very surprised to find a collection of natural childbirth books—some even advocating UC!. If you have a college with a good size library then check it out. You may be surprised at the variety they have. You should be able to get a library card even if your not a student.

That book is amazing and such a great resource to have on hand-as are all the books that jescgrl suggested, although I will say that Act of Love is more motivational than how-to, just FYI :) If you are able to get your hands on used copies of the Holistic Midwifery texts, I would HIGHLY reccomend them as they are amazing resources (they just happen to be grossly expensive) HTH mama, good luck!

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page