Stalked the UC section for a while and finally decided to join. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-31-2012, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there!! I am almost 22 pregnant with my second. A lil background story. I had planned a water birth at home with my first, had two midwives as I moved mid-pregnancy. Labored in the birthing pool for most of the 15-17 hour labor (can't remember exactly how long, went into labor at 10:30 pm had my DD 3:45 pm the next afternoon... and math involving time is not the easiest for me) I was progressing well, feeling the urge to push, but I had exhausted myself by morning and when I would try to push.. I would push her head out a little more then it would kind of suck back in. Midwife finally decided that I was too exhausted to deliver at home and with it being my first, I consented. (DH still had faith I could have her at home, but I was really tired and wanted to have her already)

We got to the hospital at about 12-12:30 pm, where they have me and IV for fluids and antibiotics because my white blood cell count was slightly elevated. I was still able to deliver my gorgeous daughter naturally, no pain meds or anything besides the antibiotics, which I would have preferred not to have. Thankfully I didn't tear and praise the Lord I was able to deliver without being cut in anyway! 

So, Dh and I talked about it this time and we have decided to go the route of UC!! I'm excited but still a little nervous since I did end up in the hospital the last time. I have just been praying a lot and trying to read and learn as much as I can!! Hopefully I will be able to learn a thing or two for you ladies here! Thanks for taking the time to read this!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Praying, research, and simply believing in your body are key! I'm 36 weeks with my second and planning my first UC. DS1 was born in the hospital, it was awful.  But that doesn't deter me from believing I can UC at all!  An online site I'd recommend is http://www.unhinderedliving.com/childbirth.html. Lots of info there!  Good luck with your journey :) 

Old 08-01-2012, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much! Good luck with your UC and congratulations!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:33 AM

I strongly recommend looking up The Trust Birth Initiative on Facebook, and Carla Hartley who is the founder of TBI, and AAMI college. She is an amazing woman, and supports unassisted birth 100% if that is the mother's choice. She is a strong advocate of sharing birth truth, and shares so many amazing facts everyday on facebook. Also, if you have any questions, she replies super fast to messages and posts!  :) Seriously, do yourself a favor and look her up!

As for me, I'm almost 22, and trying to get pregnant again! Just got my period back 2 days ago(my DS is 14 1/2 months and still nursing). My husband and I are hoping I will get pregnant this month. Our next birth will be UC. My first was home birth with midwife, and my midwife controlled things way too much for my liking. I don't need that nor want it. By the way, it's totally normal for the baby's head to recede after each push...that's how your tissues stretch naturally without tearing!!

Married to my favorite backwoodsman tiphat.gif since 2010, DS1 nut.gif in 5/11 and expecting #2 in 7/13...Crazy about homeschool.gif lactivist.gif novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gif femalesling.GIF homebirth.jpg uc.jpg cd.gif hang.gif knit.gif sewmachine.gif

User Tag List